Customizing DC Direct 13" Blunders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanShouXMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried fixing DC Direct's 13" mistakes? I have a crap load of 13" figures from when I started collecting 1/6 scale figures. Now that I'm more seasoned in the hobby I've grown to hate them but would like to salvage them. Is there anyway to convert these ugly ducklings into 12" swans?

Yes I was. I'm the first one to admit it. But at the time I didn't realize how horrible they were. Like I said. It was a few years ago and I didn't know about Sideshow and all the other 12" companies.

How do you customize them? Their costumes are way too big for any other bodies... or do you just discard the costumes?

And yes I've seen your work. It's really nice.

Last edited:
I would love to put the DC Direct onto real 12" bodies as well so they can display with my Iron Man and Spider-Man figures.

I haven't seen your customs s_bennet, do you have a link so I can take a look?

Has anyone here tried fixing DC Direct's 13" mistakes? I have a crap load of 13" figures from when I started collecting 1/6 scale figures. Now that I'm more seasoned in the hobby I've grown to hate them but would like to salvage them. Is there anyway to convert these ugly ducklings into 12" swans?

Sounds like the story of my life. I too started the 1/6 scale journey with the DC stuff. As soon as I found out about the true 1/6 world and what it had to offer, I stopped the DC junk. I think I'll give them to my grandson. They will make nice toys. I do have to thank DC for getting me interested in 1/6 figures to begin with.

Old Grandpa

Last edited:
A lot of them are great and will never be as good shoe-horned onto a standard 1/6th body.

Bennett - The gold cloth you used on Iron man, what is it called? And does it stretch fine or pretty rigid? Great customs BTW!

I know that Rorschach and Robin have been moved to a HT body by folks without an issue. So the teen bodies might work...

S_Bennett- I love the hawkeye.

The_Mike: if that's true then maybe it's salvagable. I tried selling these dc direct figure but no one wants this garbage. I tried Nightwing on a muscle body and it was way way too big. Ugh....

Hey thanks.

Jester: The gold cloth is straightforward 4-way stretch gold lame (pronounced lamay... there's usually an accent egu over the e). Very stretchable.

I made the mistake of buying 2 of the Dc Directs myself... Batman and Joker form Dark Knight... I gave the Batman one away and I still have Joker... He has a much better jacket then ether Hottoys Vers of him... Brite purple jacket with the burnt orange inside... When I Get the Dx im going to see what it looks like on it... If it looks all right Ill move the Dx too my V1 Joker... an the V1 to the Dc Direct... Yeah...

Have to update the site, but all the pics are at https://www.flickr.com/photos/21242421@N04/

They're broken into sets along the right hand margin. There's a few pages of sets now I think, so click "More Sets" when you reach the bottom of the margin.

Dude! Those are awesome! I love the Teen Titans (especially Speedy, Kid Flash and Wonder Girl). I wish I had time to take up customizing again - I used to do a lot of Famous Covers customs (made somewhere in the neighborhood of 30). It was way more satisfying than just buying a pre-made figure and taking it out of the box, plus you can make figures you know would never be released. Maybe once the kids get a little older, I'll be able to take it up again. My compliments on your amazing work!

Here's my original Robin TrueType body swap a coulpe months ago:

Robin.jpg

RobinProfile.jpg

And now the improved Robin on a TT slim:

RobinSlim.jpg

RobinArnold.jpg

Back