Woot - the website for deals

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got a "VIP" :rolleyes: email from woot.

Dear esteemed Woot veteran -

You've been here from the beginning, or almost the beginning. You saw Woot grow from a weird little deal-a-day site into a whole bunch of weird little deal-a-day sites. You saw us change our colors from eggplant to broccoli & carrots to pea soup. None of the two million new members who have come along since then can say they have your Woot cred. Without your early support, none of those two-million-plus would even know Woot existed.

So we're hoping you don't think our newest idea sucks. It's called Deals.Woot, and it lives at https://deals.woot.com and start clicking. Check everything out. Ask questions. Try to break stuff. Apply the same ruthless diligence to Deals.Woot as you have to the mothership. Our oldest friends are our best BS detectors, and we're counting you on you to start detecting and let us know what you find.

And thanks a million – or two million – for helping create the big, unwieldy ball of discount energy that is Woot today. Long may it roll...

the Deals.Woot dev team

https://deals.woot.com/

This actually looks like there may be some deals here. The deals actually take you to other sites that have good deals. What I've come across so far:

Kung Fun - complete series $46
https://deals.woot.com/deals/details/59ab602a-65ba-44a8-9197-dbfb46b4176f/kung-fu-the-complete-series-collection-david-carradine-radames-pera-keye-luk#3

refurbished Xbox 360 $110
https://deals.woot.com/deals/details/ac197507-b3f3-445b-972b-3fb2b0f29bbf/xbox-360-premium-refurbished

there are 9 pages to go through, and I'm sure this will be a rotating/updating list as new deals become available.

So if you like slickdeals.net, fatwallet.com, techbargains, gotapex, etc. you may want to give this a shot.

d'oh!

welcome to the beta. we'll need to see some id.
Well hello, Mr. or Ms. Detective. You seem to have stumbled on to our latest secret. For now, we're keeping this to a pretty select group of people while we work out exactly how it will all work out. We'll probably let a few more people in the door in the coming weeks. Trust us, we'll let you know when we open it up to everyone.

I guess I'm too new for them. :monkey2

I do love woot! though.

Well, since it seems to be invite only, won't post anymore woot.deals links.

Silence of lambs on bluray at Amazon for $9.99, search it.

or go here

Edit:

and there is a woot off currently in effect. Right now.

Well, since it seems to be invite only, won't post anymore woot.deals links.

Silence of lambs on bluray at Amazon for $9.99, search it.

or go here

Edit:

and there is a woot off currently in effect. Right now.

Shhhh... Stop telling people about the woot off. :whip

Good heads up on those deals though.

Free Papa John's medium pizza with coupon code. I'm liking this new site. I should stop telling people about it. Starting now.

Free Papa John's Medium Cheese Pizza with Coupon Code (see desc.) for $0.00
Use coupon code PZZAFBFAN when ordering online for a free medium cheese pizza.

You can add toppings, etc. for an additional charge, but the coupon will still apply (e.g. add one topping for $1.49 and the pizza will cost $1.49 total).

TAX AND DELIVERY CHARGES STILL APPLY WHERE APPLICABLE.

The specifications for the code state that the promotion works with an online purchase of $10, but evidently (per anecdotal reports) the code works regardless of your purchase (so you don't necessarily need $10 of other items).

Started today (11/16), expires on 11/19/2009 (Thursday)

So far, all of the deals listed have been posted to Gizmodo's daily feature Dealzmodo. So if any of shlubs like me can't get to deals.woot, I suggest heading over to gizmodo.com and type dealzmodo into the search. A new list gets posted every afternoon.

I wish deals.woot would just let me in. :monkey2

I just got it because I bought something off woot over 5 years ago. I'm definitely not a regular member.

Got another email tonight, not sure when the beta period is over.

That bizarrely-formatted email we sent you yesterday really kept you in suspense about the true location of Deals.Woot, didn't it? Mwah-ha-ha! Everything is going according to plan! (OK, OK, we messed up. See the corrected email below, if we haven't annoyed you too much already.)

Dear mesascott, esteemed Woot veteran -

You've been here from the beginning, or almost the beginning. You saw Woot grow from a weird little deal-a-day site into a whole bunch of weird little deal-a-day sites. You saw us change our colors from eggplant to broccoli & carrots to pea soup. None of the two million new members who have come along since then can say they have your Woot cred. Without your early support, none of those two-million-plus would even know Woot existed.

So we're hoping you don't think our newest idea sucks. It's called Deals.Woot, and it lives at https://deals.woot.com.

And we could use your help beta-testing it before we open it up to the n00bs. But first, you should know one thing: it's not a store. It's a hub for deal-seekers like you to share the deals you've found elsewhere on the Internet. And to comment, applaud, criticize, and of course, buy the deals that your fellow cheapskates have discovered. (We'll try to avoid using the word “deals” again in this email, but it won't be easy.)

Just go to https://deals.woot.com and start clicking. Check everything out. Ask questions. Try to break stuff. Apply the same ruthless diligence to Deals.Woot as you have to the mothership. Our oldest friends are our best BS detectors, and we're counting you on you to start detecting and let us know what you find.

And thanks a million – or two million – for helping create the big, unwieldy ball of discount energy that is Woot today. Long may it roll...

the Deals.Woot dev team

To Un-subscribe from future Woot Newsletters, click HERE ... or go to the Your Account page and uncheck the newsletter box.

I'm on the fence if it is a good deals site or not. Because some things I was interested in as Christmas presents were actually sold out when you clocked on the link.

Back