very good tutorial on how to tighten trooper body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knew there had to be some screws in those damn elbows and knees! Shame you have to bust the body apart to get to them.

If I get one more floppy trooper (4 on order ATM) I might go for it!

Good spot on the tutorial, now if you could just translate it as well...

Just a bash I'd assume... :huh

No, in close-ups it's brown:

4111664777_d3ae6d3056_o.jpg

The fact that the first pic shows the body with a neck piece is also a dead giveaway. The clones don't come with that. ;)

MAULFAN... can you sticky this? I think it's important enough to warrant it.

Great tutorial! But I don't think I'd want to break apart the figure to do it. None of my figures that that bad that would require this level of fixing!

Great tutorial! The loosest point on my Utapau clone is the ankle; not where it plugs into the leg, but there is too much play where it plugs into the foot. I gave it a bed of blu-tak to sit in to reduce the amount it can move, but not restrict reposing it in future. You can't even see the blu-tak when it's all plugged back together again.

Do you even have to crack the arms and legs apart to remove the elbow and knees? I know the Pro bodies (while not exactly the same) I have seem to pull apart at the elbows and knees quite easily.

Great find. It's always good to know how and where to pull apart something. Unfortunate that there is a possible need for tighten the body in the first place.

Thanks for forwarding this link.

all images and text posted by MAX on toys daily

step1: use a bit of force to pull off the cylinder to separate the belt the belt.

1-2.jpg

step2: pull off the foot and hands and remove the leg and arm armors

2.jpg

step3: time to get violet. Use a screw driver (or whatever tool you prefer) to pry open the chest armor.

3.jpg

step4: if you get lucky, you can separate them without anything break.

4.jpg

step5: do the same on the other side and you can remove the chest armor.

5.jpg

step6: carefully pry the be armor open the same way as the chest armor

6.jpg

step7: the factory glued the armor to the overall suit. Just be mindful when remove the armor.

7.jpg

step8: if you get lucky, the armors will separate with all its teeth intact.

8.jpg

step9: armor all removed. There is a opening in the back of the suit.

9.jpg

step10: there is a enough stretch in the suit for you to do this. start from the shoulders

10.jpg

Last edited:
step11: twist the arms around so you can slide out the suit like in the picture. Then pull the entire suit off from the legs.

11.jpg

step12: finally you get the body out.

12.jpg

step13: the design of the arms are different than HT's TT. You cant pull them off like HT's TT. So once again, use violence. Caefully use a precision screw driver to pry the arms apart.

13.jpg

step14: Open both the bicep and forearm. The factory didn't apply too much glue so its not that difficult to separate them.

14.jpg

step15: Finally you get to the joint. Now, all you have to do is use a screw driver to tighten the screw. But be careful, too much force will crack the joint.

15.jpg

step16: do the same with the legs.

16.jpg

step17: same process as the elbow joint.

17.jpg

step18: unscrew the 2 screws in the back. Separate the chest. There are 3 screws each on the 2 shoulder joints. Tighten the screws on them as well.

18.jpg

step19: you can use double sided tape for the ball joints and the rotating joints.

19.jpg

step20: same with the hip joints. double sided tape and tighten the screw.

20.jpg

Thanks for the translation - it's quite a bit of work (specially for C-Bob as he has 376 Stormtroopers at present and 892 Sandtroopers on order!) But I think this might be worth it in the long run, let you know how it goes if I do mine.

Hey C-Bob, my first Sandie is arriving tomorrow by Parcelforce! got a tracking no. and everything! How bout you?

Thanks for the translation - it's quite a bit of work (specially for C-Bob as he has 376 Stormtroopers at present and 892 Sandtroopers on order!) But I think this might be worth it in the long run, let you know how it goes if I do mine.

Hey C-Bob, my first Sandie is arriving tomorrow by Parcelforce! got a tracking no. and everything! How bout you?

Oh i screwed myself big time. FP.com said they will let me know if i will get any of the 3 i ordered by the end of the week. In the meantime i brought 2 via dangerzone but they cost more.

Back