Star Trek Expanding Into More High End Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I scanned the article last night and was gutted there was no mention of them...on the other hand, maybe a certain company is keeping their cards close to their chest with this one.

i hope they reveal their hand soon because i am so so so wanting some 1/6th scale Star Trek for 2010 :D

Let's say 1/6 is out of the discussion. What kind of product would you like to see from SSC on this license? PF? Dio? LSB?

Let's say 1/6 is out of the discussion. What kind of product would you like to see from SSC on this license? PF? Dio? LSB?

As much as I'd love PF's or busts, I think they'd be a bit plain for mass consumption. I don't think hope is lost for SSC Trek though:

- I'd love to see smaller scale dios of the bridge crew at their stations. SSC would *need* to promise they'd finish it though. :eek:

- Ship battle dios would be fantastic as well, but I'd want to see scenes from all of Trek, not just 2009.

- Whatever they decide, I think any tech should light up. Not only would it look cool, but the blinking lights and all that lens flare business is a big part of nu-Trek. It only seems fitting that the collectibles light up.

i'd love to see PFs of the borg. the use of mixed media would be perfect for such detailed characters. locutus for example. he'd look pretty badass...

A Klingon PF from the movie era would look soooo good!, they had some bad ass looking gear.There is even little Klingon emblems on General Chang's bolts that hold his eye patch on so, there would be little details that should be looked into as well.
chang1.jpg

Kruge.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I'd love PF's or busts, I think they'd be a bit plain for mass consumption. I don't think hope is lost for SSC Trek though:

- I'd love to see smaller scale dios of the bridge crew at their stations. SSC would *need* to promise they'd finish it though. :eek:

- Ship battle dios would be fantastic as well, but I'd want to see scenes from all of Trek, not just 2009.

- Whatever they decide, I think any tech should light up. Not only would it look cool, but the blinking lights and all that lens flare business is a big part of nu-Trek. It only seems fitting that the collectibles light up.

Both those are excellent ideas. Not exactly what SSC has done, but a multi-dimensional ship battle from WoK would be stellar. And they've never done component type of dioramas as DCD is doing, but the bridge would be a great way to get into that. The ship battles could component too so you get get one or the other ship or both to form the dio.

PF's, I've wanted a well made Dax PF to go with my 7 of 9 PF for a very long time.
However, that's not going to happen, so 'collector' size and I hope more affordable replicas of the ships and stations from QMx could be very interesting.

why are 1/6 scale figures impossible? as far as I'm concerned that scale is far more popular than the PF scale because its far more appealing to a broader customer base due to the price point compared to the PF figure.

Back