1/1 Bruce Lee Bust (wip)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys, working on a 1/1 bust for HCG this still has a ways to go,I have to smooth the skin, fix the hair etc, but he is getting there, this is all clay minus the hand.
I still have to design the base.
Thanks
STA-2.jpg
[/IMG]
nn-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_28842-1.jpg
[/IMG]
cool-1.jpg
[/IMG]

wow that's amazing work, bobbyc! dare i say the bruce lee headsculpt's even more accurate than the cinemaquette.

Wow great job! This is probably the best 1:1 Bruce Lee sculpture Ive seen.

The front hair (around the middle) is a bit too evenly cut, maybe make a few fringes slightly longer might look a bit better.

Even more accurate than the CM?????,..This thing kills the CM back and forth!!! ,,What a great likeness!!!!! :google

Yeah, I was going to say...it's kind of common to hear people complaining about the CM likeness issues.

The bust is looking fantastic, knocking it out of the ballpark so far!

Will these really be released as you sculpted them????. If so I will be buying both. Its a great time to be a 1:1 bust collector.
Well done!!!!

Sorry, I just keep coming back to this thread. How long does it normally take from this point to reach the market. That Superman is gorgeous, I hope you give us a bit of the "S" as well.

Will these really be released as you sculpted them????. If so I will be buying both. Its a great time to be a 1:1 bust collector.
Well done!!!!

thats what im wandering? Will HCG have the Bruce Lee with sculpted hair or real hair? Im not a huge Bruce Lee fan, but as a fan of martial arts, i might consider that if it looks anything like the way you have done it. I doubt HCG will have a better paint app than that. :monkey2

Hi Guys, Thanks for the compliments,really appreciate it! azure the bust , I actaully cast real human hair I style it cut it and permanently lock it in place so when painted it will look exactly like the bust in the picture, Mind you I still have a week left on the hair alone and another week on the face as far as improving the likeness. the next bust will Be Rocky.
but when i do these I want the collectors to have something that in fact can almost look like a silicon bust if painted correctly.
The Bottom line is realism to the highest level .
for me normally just to sculpt the hair=1 day
for the style that I do is over 2 weeks. it is very important to me.
I will post some more pics next week.
Thanks Guys.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the compliments,really appreciate it! azure the bust , I actaully cast real human hair I style it cut it and permanently lock it in place so when painted it will look exactly like the bust in the picture, Mind you I still have a week left on the hair alone and another week on the face as far as improving the likeness. the next bust will Be Rocky.
but when i do these I want the collectors to have something that in fact can almost look like a silicon bust if painted correctly.
The Bottom line is realism to the highest level .
for me normally just to sculpt the hair=1 day
for the style that I do is over 2 weeks. it is very important to me.
I will post some more pics next week.
Thanks Guys.

since your making these for HCG..........will they be distributing these with real hair?

MAN! WOW...I am a Huge bruce lee fan, and when I saw this bust on ebay, I said this was really nice work and it is...BUT Bobby, you are probably the only other person who Captured Bruce lee the way he is supposed to look. HATS off to you! AWESOME!!!!! BEST Likeness in 1:1 Ever...No Knocking this other guys work in anyway, it to is a Nice work of art.
I know about 3 people who may want to buy that bobby...If there will be more?

BLee6.jpg

Thanks Guys, Thanks for the kind words Moe, I can tell you that the likeness will be much stronger then this. these are just progress pics.
But again much appreciated !!
cant wait to start the base!

Back