Please give Kit Fisto a green molded body.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
A few members on this board mentioned how tacky some of Sideshow's figures are that have colored hands and beige bodies. Well, even though Kit Fisto will have a standard Sideshow body, I think it is imperative to use green colored plastic for his standard body. Otherwise, it will be too easy to look up his sleeves and see a beige arm. Or even if you don't look up his sleeve, his wrist connection might be showing and you will see the green hand attached to a beige forearm. He will look like his has gloves on!:horror What do you guys think?

I think it would be OK if they used a regular body but painted it, like they will paint the hands. It would probably be more expensive to produce a green plastic body, and the green plastic would certainly not match the paint on the hands exactly. Use the same paint on the hands to cover the entire beige body. Although with his Rasta hairdo, why do we assume that they would use the beige body???

It's been a while since they had color hands on a standard color body. Most characters that have different hands/head have the body molded in that color. It's been like that for ages, and I don't think they'll change back any time soon.

Darklord Dave said:
It's been a while since they had color hands on a standard color body. Most characters that have different hands/head have the body molded in that color. It's been like that for ages, and I don't think they'll change back any time soon.

yep, hellboy has a red body.........abe sapien has a blue body.......the ape soldier has a black body........etc.......

there is no reason why kit fisto would not have a green body.:naughty

Looking at the high res pics Josh posted here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6524
He has very tight sleeves that prevent you from seeing his forearms, but if you look even closer, the plastic from his wrists are already green. I'm not sure this is a production body (the head is) or just painted, but that shows that Sideshow knows that at least the wrists of the body should be green.

I guess now people can have him with his shirt of swiming in the pool. :eek:

I wish they'd customize the body for every character. Just to give it that much more realism

captain sack said:
could you elaborate on this wish?

I mean like height and size. making each figure to scale to one another. It would be awecore if when they make vader they make him taller. etc... And for Aayla, if they made her using "her" body and not some general preformated body type.

i guess you didn't see the feature sideshow had on their website showing bodies with 3 different heights? one body with added bulk? :confused:

as for making each body a new mold, could you imagine the added cost that would add to each figure? we would probably see premium format prices for 12 inch fiugres.

I guess there is no 'Kit Fisto Image Thread'. So...I will resurrect my own. :D Anyone else think Kit looks much better in darker attire? I just opened him today and he is certainly a visual treat. I am surprised he is not valued more by other collectors.

img9438600yn5.jpg

So there was no image thread for him? Weird... but I agree a really great figure. I avoided him at first, but after seeing some cool shots of him decided to bite the bullet and pick him up.

That's a figure I've still never gotten around to getting. He looks great though, although I'd prefer his mouth to be closed. Come to think of it I've never really heard anything negative about Kit, aside from him not coming with the additional hands. One day I'll have to give him a shot. He rocked in Clone Wars.

I guess there is no 'Kit Fisto Image Thread'. So...I will resurrect my own. :D Anyone else think Kit looks much better in darker attire? I just opened him today and he is certainly a visual treat. I am surprised he is not valued more by other collectors.

img9438600yn5.jpg
Once he is featured in the TV Series, he will go up. Not many exclusives were made...

Found the original image thread: Kit Fisto

Ah I see. It just wasn't labeled as such. I wonder which figure started the 'Image Threads'? It feels like it's been standard since the beginning. But I know JediBear found a couple others were missing theirs as well.

Back