Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh Wizard

Freaked Out
Reaction score
:banana :banana

Just had a confirmation that Im having an Xbox360 delivered on Monday for retail price...:banana :banana

(These are like gold in the UK)

Been trying to get one for weeks...:banghead

Let the games begin :D

WW :Wizard

I have one it is very cool. I like the Xbox live feature alot. I have PS2 but it is more difficult to get on Internet. I have my Xbox 360 wireless, very sweet.

Anyone like PG3 Racing?

Had one since launch and love it.

Here's some good news for LOTR fans:

EA Announces the Lord of the Rings, the Battle for Middle-earth II for the Xbox 360; Players Can Now Command the Epic Battles of Middle-earth from Their Living Room Couch

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Jan. 13, 2006 -- Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) today announced that the highly anticipated PC game, The Lord of the Rings(TM), The Battle for Middle-earth(TM) II will make its exclusive console debut when it ships in Summer 2006 on the Xbox 360(TM). Players can now command epic Middle-earth battles presented in spectacular high-definition from the comfort of their very own couch. To add to the intensity of the experience, The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II for the Xbox 360 is the first game in The Lord of the Rings(TM) series that will be playable over Xbox LIVE(TM)(1). Players will be able to challenge friends online and engage in intense, action-packed real-time battles.

"Living these cinematic battles in high-definition with stunning surround sound, all from the comfort of your living room couch on the Xbox 360, is an extraordinary experience," said Louis Castle, VP of Creative Development at EALA. "Adding the ability to battle it out with friends via Xbox LIVE is also really exciting."

Based on the PC version of the same name, The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II for the Xbox 360 will bring players into the heart of Middle-earth to live the battles seen in the blockbuster New Line Cinema films and classic J.R.R. Tolkien literary fiction. The game boasts a new and intuitive console-specific control scheme that will allow novice players to enjoy the game's signature strategy gameplay while giving expert players the flexibility needed to engage in a deeply complex strategy experience. Players will directly control hundreds of units in an attempt to defeat enemy armies, conquer new lands, and seal the fate of Middle-earth.

Developed at EA's Los Angeles studio, The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II for the Xbox 360 offers players a new depth of The Lord of the Rings fiction never before explored in an EA console game. The game makers at EALA have brought The Lord of the Rings world to life in accordance with an agreement with The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises that grants EA the rights to develop games based on the books, in addition to a separate agreement that allows for games based on the New Line Cinema films.

The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II for the Xbox 360 has not yet been rated by the ESRB and the PC version is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information about either game, please visit: www.bfme2.ea.com. For information about all of EA's games, please visit EA's press site at www.info.ea.com

The Xbox 360 version, designed in-house at EA Los Angeles, features what is being touted as a unique and intuitive control scheme by the studio's Vice President of Creative Development, Westwood co-founder Louis Castle.

"People will want to say, 'this is a port,' and well, it is and it isn't," Louis Castle told Gamasutra in an exclusive interview. "It's actually a re-imagining of the core compulsions that the PC games had, and in a way that's inherently intuitive to a console controller. It's a huge undertaking, and we've got a fairly large team working around the clock to make it a quality product."

The exact details of this new control scheme have yet to be revealed, nor has the proposed release date, and EA is remaining tight-lipped for the time being.

"We're not treating it as a mouse, it doesn't have a big complex display, it really is native to what you think of with camera movement and navigation for a console game," continued Castle. "And I can leave you to imagine from there."

Additionally, the game will feature Xbox Live support, including voice over IP and a number of Xbox 360-exclusive modes, including FPS-favorites "Capture the Flag" and "King of the Hill," though in a real-time strategy setting.

wetwork.jpg

anyone have the wireless headset? just wondering what the thoughts are about it. is the sound in your ear good? is it distorted to others when you speak? is it comfortable to your ear?

I saw the wireless headset at best buy today. Looks great, but not for $60. For that price, I would much rather have the wired version.

Vader AL said:
anyone have the wireless headset? just wondering what the thoughts are about it. is the sound in your ear good? is it distorted to others when you speak? is it comfortable to your ear?
its great and i think it's totally worth the money. it's so light you can barely feel it in your ear, the reception is excellent, and for the cost of a game you get a great piece of hardware that is guaranteed by MS. its great because if you need to grab a drink in the kitchen you no longer have to take the headset off, put everything down and etc. with this you just set the controller down and walk away.

gabberjawa said:
Best system I ever owned (previously it was the Dreamcast) Enjoy :rock

i agree with you. the dreamcast was one sweet system.

thanks for the info guys about the wireless headset, i had heard some negative things about it. i have a $70 giftcard and was going to get it but wanted to check.

had another visit from the red lights of death. this will be the 4th system i've returned and will receive my 5th one in a few weeks. this is beyond ridiculous. i must be doing something wrong because this can't be normal. the power brick has plenty of breathing room and so does the system. it must be something from xbox live freaking up my systems. da###$$$!!!!!!! on top of that it's my birthday and i can't play cod 2 online!!!!

EDIT: Just called microsoft and was told that i have to pay $130 to repair it. I have had this "replacement" system for 4 months and the warranty ran out in 3. This is the 4th one i have had in a year and a half and now because it ran 30 days over the 90 day warranty they want me to pay! i emailed them and told them i would not pay and they needed to stand by their product. if they will not replace it I will sell my 20 games and be done with them. frustrating!

Last edited:
I know many friends whos 360s died with out any logical reason.

One of the few reasons why I stand firm behind my PS3 instead of Microsoft lol.

Not to mention, Im sure all you 360 owners will be thrilled when they release the upgraded version of 360 :lol

nash said:
I know many friends whos 360s died with out any logical reason.

One of the few reasons why I stand firm behind my PS3 instead of Microsoft lol.

Not to mention, Im sure all you 360 owners will be thrilled when they release the upgraded version of 360 :lol

the upgrades will just be a bigger hard drive, which you would be able to buy and a quieter fan(the current one is either full throttle or off) which should be able to be adjusted by a download for current 360's.....not that i'm taking up for the 360 because i'm ticked at them at the moment. the ps2 i had(when they first came out) died after 9 months and sony wanted me to pay $175 to fix it even though it was a know faulty pary on their part that they never publically admitted and that's why i don't have a ps3....i guess i've had bad luck with a few systems...maybe i should stop kicking them really hard when i turn them on, huh? :)

The new 360pt2 will have a cooler cpu a bigger HD and an HDMI port.(which is awesome having just hooked it up that way on my ps3).MS just released the 360 too early imo and rushed it.Too many broken consoles for my taste.rumored price is 479$

Seth Gecko said:
The new 360pt2 will have a cooler cpu a bigger HD and an HDMI port.(which is awesome having just hooked it up that way on my ps3).MS just released the 360 too early imo and rushed it.Too many broken consoles for my taste.rumored price is 479$

with all the problems i've had with mine i would agree with it being released too soon but hdmi isn't that important to the majority of people for that to be a big deal. the ps3 hasn't been out long enough to see if there are any problems though so I wouldn't get too confident. the ps2 had problems at first.

Yeah.
But by the time the 360 was out when it launched and with how long the ps3 has been out now i heard about a lot more of the red lights issues than the ps3 has had problems.I think sony learned a tad from that.I know a bunch of gamers don't like the fact that the 360 is changin when they already got the 1st batch,but i wouldn't really mind if it was me or if it just broke down exchange it for the newer model. :D

But anyways everyone should have a Wii with their PS3 or 360 lol

Seth Gecko said:
Yeah.
But by the time the 360 was out when it launched and with how long the ps3 has been out now i heard about a lot more of the red lights issues than the ps3 has had problems.I think sony learned a tad from that.I know a bunch of gamers don't like the fact that the 360 is changin when they already got the 1st batch,but i wouldn't really mind if it was me or if it just broke down exchange it for the newer model. :D

But anyways everyone should have a Wii with their PS3 or 360 lol

You cant even compare problems with 360 and PS3. First off there there is a huge number difference between 360 and PS3. From what I can find there has been somewhere around 13 million 360s sold compaired to just over 2 million PS3s. Also the PS3 system has not been out long enough for some of the issue that creap up over time to come to life.

The whole new version thing sucks but what can you do, the drive is not needed unless you want to download movies, the fan is not a big deal. HDMI is nice but not going to make a huge difference for a large % of people. They may want it but it won't make big differnce.

I'm thankful. I've had my 360 for a year and I've had absolutely no problems with it so far.

But I would be willing to upgrade to a 360 with HDMI without a second thought.

Back