Target Price-Cut On G.I. Joe ROC Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macross-Junkie

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just thought I should let everyone know that when I was in my local Target yesterday, I noticed that all their Rise Of Cobra figures had been reduced from 6.99 to 4.99. As many of you know, this is something to keep an eye on at Target, because when they start reducing stuff it usually reaches a point where they do ridiculous price cuts to blow the items out. For example the Huge Millenium Falcon I picked up for $25 (originally $125), or the U.S.S. Enterprise I picked up for $6 (originally $30). I just thought this was something I should let my fellow freaks know about.
:banana

Maybe one price cut thread for the ????ty roc figures would suffice? :dunno Not exactly a crisis it was merely ineviatable. You can only have garbage around for so long before it starts to stink up...

I saw the 12" figures are only $10 now. They had Destro and I must say I am very impressed with the headsculpt. The sculpt acutally looks a bit like Eccleston, but it can easily pass as a 'generic' Destro. The paint is what impressed me the most though. It actually looks like metal. Almost a pewter feel to it. I felt that alone was worth the $10 price tag. The suit is passable, but certainly quite nice for Hasbro and the price tag. The body and gun totally suck though. So I'll probably swap him over to a TT or a Buck to hold me over until Sideshow annouces their Destro. Overall, quite a nice figure (base) for only $10.

Cobra Commander is still crap though :lol Not touching him with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

Psst, he isnt even worth $10.

I don't know. Once I got him moved over to a Truetype, I was very please with him. For just over $40, I've got a very decent Destro until Sideshow makes theirs :D

dsc01405r.jpg

I don't know. Once I got him moved over to a Truetype, I was very please with him. For just over $40, I've got a very decent Destro until Sideshow makes theirs :D

dsc01405r.jpg
--

I'm now tempted to pick one up myself.

Since you transplanted the head onto a HOT TOYS TrueType body, have you considered possibly upgrading the suit to a more business like/fashionable one from say . . . Triad Toys?

https://www.triadtoys.com/product_info.php?cPath=111&products_id=2030

https://www.triadtoys.com/product_info.php?cPath=111&products_id=2029

https://www.triadtoys.com/product_info.php?cPath=111&products_id=2025

Yeah, I've thought about getting a different suit for him, but I works until then. I was surprised it actually worked out so well. I figured it would be way too short all around.

I think the eyes as they are fit with Sideshow's realistic take on the line. I'd be surprised if they went with the black and green eyes. Normal green eyes sure, but I'm not sure about the black and green.

But I do agree with you about the suit. But it will do for now. Not bad for a totally unexpected 1-day custom job I think. But I definatley need to fined a better suit for him.

Back