Kaneda's Bike @ BBTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait for what? That price is freaking insane! :horror People will be waiting.

Badmoon kitty says no!

80a2c859-1.jpg

Great price considering SS have it up for $420.

A bit expensive I'll agree, but with die-cast parts, a ton of light up features & sound "including engine start, rev, tires, drift and drive" - this one will take pride of place in my collection. Gotta have it.:monkey5

BBTS is taking pre orders again. But yeah they were sold out for a few hours. Looks like this is gonna be the next big thing since TDK DX figs. I put my order in yesterday for both bike and fig. total was $566.98 not too bad all things considered.

And of course my stomach will be a seething VAT OF ACID until I can confirm whether or not BBTS comes with decals :sick

Is it just me that feels totally priced out of the Akira market? those things are hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. the bike is sweet looking though.

And of course my stomach will be a seething VAT OF ACID until I can confirm whether or not BBTS comes with decals :sick

The pics of the proto say (in Japanese) that the the stickerless cowl and sheet of stickers is a bonus for pre-orders (as well as Sideshow's pre-order). i presume the regular bike will be the version with all decals applied.

The pics of the proto say (in Japanese) that the the stickerless cowl and sheet of stickers is a bonus for pre-orders (as well as Sideshow's pre-order). i presume the regular bike will be the version with all decals applied.

If the bike comes with the decals applied then why is there hardly any shots of the bike with the decals applied?? It seems that the majority of the promo shots are with the blank cowl, which my understanding is that this is the regular version. Otherwise all the promo shots would have decals on them:confused:

If the bike comes with the decals applied then why is there hardly any shots of the bike with the decals applied?? It seems that the majority of the promo shots are with the blank cowl, which my understanding is that this is the regular version. Otherwise all the promo shots would have decals on them:confused:

I would guess the promo shots were done before the necessary legal hurdles for use of the trademarks were cleared. And don't forget there are several third parties each of which must provide approval for use of its TM. It would look even worse imo if only certain decals were applied rather than all.

I think Bandai wanted pics out as development was continuing. Bandai, like many companies has a history of showing works in progress and prototypes at various toy and hobby shows, often unpainted and sometimes just a 3D digital model (unlike HT which, barrring tweaks to sculpts, will only reveal something that looks pretty close to final product).

Also, the promo shots all state that the pics are of the plain cowl version. Wouldnt make sense to state this if it is the reg version.

not taking any chances. I killed my BBTS pre order and will roll with SSC. BBTS needs to get with the program if they wanna stay a head of the game. details.......always remember the details people.

not taking any chances. I killed my BBTS pre order and will roll with SSC. BBTS needs to get with the program if they wanna stay a head of the game. details.......always remember the details people.

I preordered from BBTS as well, and I think I might make the switch over to SS. But as was posted earlier that a lot of the pics that shown are promo pics without the decals including BBTS, but other members posted that the blank cowl + Stickers was only for the LE that SS carries and that its speculated that the regular edition has the cowl with all the decals attached. So I still might make the switch, but like you I want some better information to make the right call.

I preordered from BBTS as well, and I think I might make the switch over to SS. But as was posted earlier that a lot of the pics that shown are promo pics without the decals including BBTS, but other members posted that the blank cowl + Stickers was only for the LE that SS carries and that its speculated that the regular edition has the cowl with all the decals attached. So I still might make the switch, but like you I want some better information to make the right call.

I figure for the extra money its well worth my peace of mind. Also I learned about SSC reward point program was from a very informative rep at SSC when I called earlier today to get the "skinny" on how their set up works. The extra money I spent with SSC will even out to the same amount (or close too) that BBTS is charging. After all its not like this is gonna be the last collectable I'll ever buy. BBTS is very cool and they work hard to get your order right, but nothing beats talking to a flesh and blood human that has total mastery of the English language.

By the time I was done talking I was very confident that SSC knows exactly what the hell they are doing, that they are a major operation and not some yahoo working out of a rented cubical. And best of all the rep seemed to totally understand my issue with the decals.

So while BBTS is still counting on its fingers and toes over whether or not this thing has decals, I went a head and rolled with the company that is in the "KNOW"......if you know what I mean.

And best of all the rep seemed to totally understand my issue with the decals.

So while BBTS is still counting on its fingers and toes over whether or not this thing has decals, I went a head and rolled with the company that is in the "KNOW"......if you know what I mean.

So what did the SSC rep know? if you don't mind clarify this whole decal no decal that seems to have quite a few here concerned.

So what did the SSC rep know? if you don't mind clarify this whole decal no decal that seems to have quite a few here concerned.

SSC can confirm that theirs will come with decals. And I still have yet to hear back from BBTS. I'm not totally ruling out the posibility that BBTS MIGHT come with decals......just that I really don't feel like dealing with a bunch of "MIGHTS" and "MAYBES". I want clear answers and I need them before online retailer listings start showing up as "PER-ORDER / SOLD OUT"!

I hate it when that happens. So thats why I say I'm rolling with the company that is in the know on EXACTLY what it is that they are offering people.

SSC can confirm that theirs will come with decals. And I still have yet to hear back from BBTS. I'm not totally ruling out the posibility that BBTS MIGHT come with decals......just that I really don't feel like dealing with a bunch of "MIGHTS" and "MAYBES". I want clear answers and I need them before online retailer listings start showing up as "PER-ORDER / SOLD OUT"!

I hate it when that happens. So thats why I say I'm rolling with the company that is in the know on EXACTLY what it is that they are offering people.

ah okay, Thanks for the reply. Though wouldn't the SSC rep know what stuff BBTS is getting? (course, I am assuming BBTS gets theirs from SSC, as per usual)

i don't care if this thing has diecast parts. i don't care if it has light and sound features. i don't care if it comes with decals, or working panels, or a stand, or natalie portman's underwear. it's just a stupid bike with no figure. $400 is completely ridiculous and i hope everyone who is trying to sell them ends up with boxes of them laying around until they're forced to liquidate them for $50 a pop.

how the hell did it become acceptable to pay $400 for something like this? what am i missing here?
and before you say "blah blah blah ht batman car was $400" it's like 3x the size of this thing and it's ????ing batman.

/rant.

ah okay, Thanks for the reply. Though wouldn't the SSC rep know what stuff BBTS is getting? (course, I am assuming BBTS gets theirs from SSC, as per usual)

sorry but you lost me. why would you think a SSC rep would know anything about BBTS inventory?

Back