Diamond Comics 1/4 Wonder Woman Statue: Customized by SilentSurfer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first venture into comic related customizing. Usually I do Aliens, Predators, and Horror stuff, but my friend, Mark (Drumgail) loved the mod I did to my Premium Format Slave Leia so much that he commissioned me to take on a much more challenging project.
EyesComparison.jpg

As a matter of fact, drumgail now owns this very Leia.
02.jpg

Mark always wanted to buy the 1/4 scale Wonder Woman statue, but hated the fact that they covered all the great muscle sculpting with this crappy pleather corset.
OriginalSculpt4.jpg

ww_statue.jpg

He had seen this custom done on this statue, and hoped I could pull it off.
Repaint2.jpg

Mark thought that would be good enough, but my slogan is "Good Enough Never Is".

I took off the corset to find that the muscle tone had been sanded down before the corset was put on.
NudeBody.jpg

NudeTorso.jpg

This meant that I'd have to resculpt the muscle tone, and while I was at it, I decided to go ahead and sculpt a new corset on instead of just painting it on. With the corset sculpted on, it hid the gap between the body and the belt, and allowed me to leave the cloth undies on without them looking out of place. I sculpted it to have leather-like texture, to reflect the muscle tone underneath while also looking kind of like old Roman sculpted body armor, and I wanted it to still be true to the comic style, so I made sure the boobs were well defined.

Art.jpg

CorsetComparison.jpg

CorsetTexture.jpg

Corset.jpg

Sculpting the corset was a real trial because everything on her is permanently attached: the sword, shield, and cape. I cut the seam on the cape to get that off, pulled off the shield straps and yanked the shield off of her arm rods, and the sword was embedded into the right thigh by a square peg that came from the sheath. I thought the sword looked horrible there anyway, so I convinced Mark to let me keep it off permanently, even though he kept asking if it could back on if he wanted it to later. So I came up with a simple answer which allows it to go anywhere.

SwordMod.jpg

Removing the sword for good meant I had to fill in the hole in the leg and sand it flush. Paint matching the skin tone didn't work because I just couldn't figure out the weird yellow, comic booky color they used, so I ended up repainting all the flesh so that it matched. I am very pleased with the more realistic color, and it gave me the opportunity to liven up the face with better lips, more piercing eyes, and I even painted in teeth. She sort of looks like the Megan Fox Photoshop pics I've seen people do of her as Wonder Woman, I think.

Enjoy the pics of the now fully modifiable, custom corset wearing Wonder Woman 1/4 statue. Now it's 'Museum Quality'.

Box photo comparison.
Comparison01.jpg

Sword still looks great on her hip; actually better now that it is actually hanging.
01.jpg

I personally like it on her back the best.
02.jpg

Sides.jpg

No sword.
NoSword.jpg

No sword and no cape.
Sleek01.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:
So are the muscles sanded down on all of these Wonder Woman statues?

Looks great, I am glad that I commissioned you for the project, I like all the photos and the way the story of the hard work unfolds, thanks again.....Mark

Well, It is not that I find it that bad, but I find certain details which IMO could have been improved. For example the neckline...why does it go beneath the symbol/plate on her chest :confused: that's not how her costume is supposed to be. Apart from that, I think her ribs and abs are too pronounced plus the color applied is not the best choice. Again, I don't want to sound disrespectful, as I know that customizing is not easy at all but I think the picture in the left shows better results. But anyways this is just my opinion and it's you who must be satisfied with the piece ;)

I want to say that the repaint on Leia is amazing, really really good. Congrats!

Nice repaint, I prefer that skin tone a lot over the original. And kudos for leaving the briefs. But anything that goes more towards comicquette and away from PF - I'm against just on principal.

Normally I would agree with you, but when the corset cloth that was put on veered so far away from the original Andy Bergholtz design, I think it justifies the rework.

I like it. I think the skin tone could be a bit more tan since she IS Greek but what I hated the most about the original DCD 1:4 piece was the facial expression. I'd kill for a 1:4 representation of Michael Turner's Wonder Woman. Say what you want about his art, I love the look of a softer Wondy and not a roid'd out one.

wonderwoman.jpg

I agree with the Dark Lord about keeping the PF feel. Painting on the corset is an easy way out as well. Your work paid off :rock

Nice repaint, I prefer that skin tone a lot over the original. And kudos for leaving the briefs. But anything that goes more towards comicquette and away from PF - I'm against just on principal.

Totallly agree with you on that, guys. Like drumgail said though, the pleather corset was so bad. I did the best I could to make the corset look like it was not part of her, but actually just skin tight animal hyde dyed blood red. If the red isn't the right shade, I'm actually glad because I do want it to feel more like a PF than I big 3-D comic book rendering. I was even going to repaint the boots, but the project was already taking too long.

BTW, Joseph, no hard feelings at all. One thing I've learned in life is you can't please everybody, and evrybody has a different opinion of what ideal is. It's all good. Express away.

i kinda agree with joseph about the slightly too-pronounced ribcage.

but other than that i think it trumps the other custom job, overall.

outstanding work, surfer. i'm sure the owner will be thrilled.

Remember, the corset was partly designed to look a bit like Greek and Roman body armor with the muscles sculpted into it for effect.
roman-body.jpg

h2_1992.180.3a.jpg

musc1.jpg

Besides, it's not like she wasn't drawn with dfined finger muscles sometimes.
Wonder_woman.jpg

As for the neckline, I liked the way the design looked in these pics, but I didn't want to mess with the breast plate, so I incorporated it in a slightly different, sexier way.

wonder-woman1.jpg

78877-123027-wonder-woman_super.jpg

ww14cvr.jpg

Back