Dinosauria: Hatchling?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dansdinosaurs

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dinosauria: Brachiosaurus Ornament

Credit goes to my buddy Joe for finding this nugget. A new Dinosauria hatchling piece?

dinoeggpromo_03.jpg

Source:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7943

Updated - Official Product Revealed:
Dinosauria Brachiosaurus Ornament
:joy
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3105

Last edited:
I'm a little lost. Is this the next Dinosauria piece or something separate altogether. I ask this because it says "just in time for the holidays" on the page. The next Dinosauria piece will definately not be here by December 25. Maybe December of next year.:confused:

I think it is an ornament, like SS did for TheDead line before.

:wave

When I clicked it, it read "Hatching for the Holidays" which wouldn't need to mean its going to be here by Christmas.

And that's very interesting, I don't know if I'll get it or not though. Need more details.

Edit: Ah an ornament, that's cool. Still don't know if I'll get it though...

or maybe the extra piece that goes with the exclusive. is it some kind of a tyrannosaur/theropod hatchling?

The thing that keeps bugging me about it is that it's eyes are closed and its all curled up. So to me it looks like its dead and someone peeled a part of the shell off or something. I would like it more if its head and a leg or arm were sticking out.

This was the first thing that caught my eye in the newsletter last night, and other than the Styrac update it was the only thing in the newsletter that I found compelling. :lol

Last night when I first saw this I assumed it was an ornament (and had never previously heard of SS doing ornaments...?). On closer inspection, though, I don't see any attachment points to hang the hatchling, so it's hard to say whether or not this is just a nice tidbit for collectors or an ornamental feature. I want to see more detailed images!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, some better shots might allow us to determine the species. Although they would probably announce that before we see any more pictures. Spoilin' the fun.

If it's an ornanament, I'll have to bit the bullet on shipping and order it for my daughters growin collection....at this rate she'll have more sc stuff than me.

i'm hoping the tree and the "grass" are just hiding the rest of a cool diorama. plus it isn't really hanging in the tree. if it were an ornament wouldn't it be hanging up?

That was my thought as well. That it's just resting on the ground with no visible point of attachment which an ornament would probably have. Difficult to say what exactly it will be. Heck, even the species is ambiguous at this point. Could be some manner of sauropod hatchling, but the guessing and excitement leading up to the big picture is half the fun.

I think its most likely an ornament. I think they chose to to put it on the ground in a nest to make a cool picture.

Back