Venom 1:1 scale bust!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last thing I wanted to do was start a whole new line of collectibles but I hate to admit but I too will be getting this piece. :eek:

Venom is just a must have for me. :D I'm a huge Venom fan. If it was anybodyelse I'd pass on this bust in a heartbeat. It looks very Erik Larsen-ish with the huge tounge which is a bonus for me. The Larson/Michilline Venom stories from ASM are some of my favorite books of all time.

I second that Bonehead, Venom is my favorite too. I am also starting the Bowen line, Venom being my first from that company (awesome statue by the way). From the preview pic the tongue and teeth just look sooooo wicked, this just may be my first 1:1 bust. :rock

Surprised they went with the Sam Keith version and not the McFarlane.

Either way it looks great. Lucky I don't do these 1:1 otherwise I would be broke.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Surprised they went with the Sam Keith version and not the McFarlane.

The MacFarlane version is just so borring. It's just the same costume that Peter wore but with a mouth. Larsen is the one that came up with the idea for the fangs, huge tounge, and the eye patch design. Everybody since Larsen has just been copying his vision. ;)

Man, where I am going to put these things???

Let's see...

Hellboy
Darth Maul
Thing
Greedo
Darkness
Ardeth Bey
Venom

I know! I'll build one of those wacky houses like you see on TV sometimes, and build the 1:1 busts and 1/4 scale figures into the walls or something! Yeah! That's the ticket! :banghead

Bonehead15 said:
The MacFarlane version is just so borring. It's just the same costume that Peter wore but with a mouth. Larsen is the one that came up with the idea for the fangs, huge tounge, and the eye patch design. Everybody since Larsen has just been copying his vision. ;)

Believe me...I know. My first comic was Amazing Spidey #345. :peace Actually, Larsen didn't like the character that much (one dimensional with only "revenge" on his mind) so he went over the top with the tongue more out of dislike than anythig else :naughty

I was thinking in terms of the Hulk Vs Spidey being based on McFarlane just may be they would want to keep consistency with that. I guess McFarlane's Venom was the original so I thought about that one first. Don't know why I would think that since the 1:1 series has nothing to do with the Vs series. :angelsmil

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I truly hope no none has to cancel their Gray Hulk to have enough dough for the 1:1 Venom! It sure looks very yummy to me!

Or sell your Grey Hulk and Buy the next 4 Marvel 1:1 busts that Sideshow release. :banana

Hmmm....:naughty

This bust is very cool. Unfortunately, I have no interest in 1:1 Busts. I wish I did. :wacky

If only it would have been a statue or PF or diorama....but a bust? I'd prob have bought it if it werent for a fact that those things cost $500 or more :(

Btw, did a little search for the McFarlane Venom and he's a pic of it:
McfarlaneASM1Spidermanvsvenom.jpg

So he did have the teeth, but no tongue and outragous musclestructure.

Many artists have drawn the more tooth and large tongue Venom from McFarlane to Simone Bisley. Even Mark Bagley drew him like this in Ultimate Spidey...

90722352131.35.GIF

When I saw this this morning in the newsletter, I just had to post in here.

This is like a huge huge version of the Demon Dog Rabbit! :banana

But ... for me personally.. I agree and repeat B's remark

If only it would have been a statue or PF or diorama....but a bust? I'd prob have bought it if it werent for a fact that those things cost $500 or more

Plus I probably don't have the display space :(

can't wait to see it out of the preview mode!

of the all the life size (1:1) busts I've seen this will be one of my top three favorites

Lord Of Darkness (Sideshow)
Green Goblin (Dynamic Forces)
and now
Venom ....

this one is so Wicked cool! Of course like the Lord Of Darkness one, I will not be able to afford it.:(

Those busts are great and innovative,but I question the display value of a collection of only 1/1 scale busts...I think its better to have only 1 or 2 in a mixed collection...looks more impressive IMO.

^^^ i agree with you. i think the busts will look great as part of a collection. i believe every star wars collection should have at least ONE helmet... whether it be vader,stormtrooper, fett. im planning on getting the maul bust and finally completing my "Wall of Maul".... Vader is next on my list.

---- i think the Venom bust looks amazing from the 2 pictures ive seen of it. if i could sell some of my siblings or relatives i would be all over it.

I wonder who sculpted this bust. I may just have to send that person an email saying what a wonderful job they did.

If I had the money, Id buy it. But theres no justifcation in me speding half my rent on a head. Sorry.

Back