Computer question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodie The Cursed

Super Freak
Reaction score
I turned off one of my computers, which was working fine..

And now cant turn it back on.. The on button, which usually is green when u press it now just flashes orange and wont turn on the computer..

Thoughts?.. Advice?.. Feedback?..

Maybe hold the button in for a few seconds?..or disconnect the power supply then plug it in again?..maybe give it a few hooks and jabs.

dell? :lol POS!

This is a very comon issue (just google "Dell Blinking Orange"), and you will see what i mean. You will find there is large debate over what it could be, and without a trained technician viewing the computer and doing tests, you are probably not going to know for sure.

You can try this though https://www.johnlamansky.com/blog/a-b...e-power-light/

But i think you will find your Power Supply Unit is faulty. I would borrow a psu to try and then replace if necessary.............I copied this from Google

I turned off one of my computers, which was working fine..

And now cant turn it back on.. The on button, which usually is green when u press it now just flashes orange and wont turn on the computer..

Thoughts?.. Advice?.. Feedback?..

Throw it out.... or use it as a heavy paper weight. Or you can bring into the bath with you and see if that makes it work. Make certain it's on though.

Yup a Dell.. And its had alot of problems w/ components going bad.. this is a new one..

Can a cpu have 2 hard drives?.. I wouldnt mind putting this ones into my better gaming cpu and switching back and forth.. I just have alot of photos and work info on the bad one..

That's got to be the power supply, all other problems (except for CPU) would probably still start up momentarily.

What do you mean by CPU can have 2 hard drives?

You can get an external hard drive which would be easy to connect to different computers (USB cord).

It definitely sounds like the power supply on your computer. If you know the type your machine uses, it's an easy fix. Earlier this year my machine (not a Dell) did the same thing -- I turned it off and it would not turn on again. I ordered a new power supply off of eBay, and it took about 15 minutes to fix once it arrived. The only things you need to make sure of are that it is the same kind of supply (the power output is the same) and that when you unplug all the components inside the machine from the old supply that you plug them back into the new supply correctly!

You can certainly have two internal drives if you have an open bay (i.e. space) in your other computer. The one thing you would need to do is change the jumpers on the back of the HD you are putting in so that it is a slave instead of a master. There should be a little diagram on the drive showing you where to put the jumpers to change it. Then when you put it in the other machine all you will need to do is plug it into the power supply. When the machine is booted up you should be able to access all your files on the old drive (it should be auto-detected and show up as another letter), but because it is a slave the computer will not try to boot from it.

IF it was flashing on,,wouldnt be on stand by mode?
Anyways if you do need to replace the power supply,,there pretty easy to do,,
Aso if youre adding more HD space make sure you have the right connections. (SATA & IDE )

Back