http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=26121

Dash
10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Another re-colored trooper?
Come on...
Where's Firefly????

karamazov80
10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
WTF is this? Supposed to be Viper Pilot, I guess. Was hoping for a real announcement, and not another "repaint." Sideshow has learned alot from Hasbro, apparently.

At least this one has the right gun, though.

--edit: correction, I guess this is the actual Cobra Officer (and not cartoon trooper), what with the chevron on his head--

MANDO
10-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Good find, Shai! Hmmm...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/26121_press07-001.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/26121_press05-001.jpg

MANDO
10-29-2009, 06:07 PM
At least this one has the right gun, though.

Technically no, cause he's an Officer. :huh

karamazov80
10-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I just realized that b/c of the chevron. He's supposed to have a kalashnikov, I think.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Eh, I ordered one. I kind of like the idea, but yeah, we need some more figures that aren't just new heads and different colors. I guess that is what we get for demanding troopers.

MANDO
10-29-2009, 06:12 PM
I like the concept but would've preferred him Blue just to keep the uniform look. Blue Officer with silver emblems would've looked sweet! Still there'll plenty of gear around to asseemble more Troops with this guy and the Officer hitting around the same time.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Black for a Sniper makes sense though. He'd hide better than if he was in blue.

Kibishii
10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
I ordered it because I want to be a completist with the line and it really does look great...but if Sideshow starts getting repaint crazy, they will lose ALOT of fans.

Snake Eyes (I am assuming we will have a goggled soon)
Cobra Commander (Crimson repaint)
Storm Shadow
Cobra Troop (officer and sniper repaints)
Duke

karamazov80
10-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, but similar to red CC, there's just no precedent for it that I know of in the old toys. The "Nightwatch" figures from a few years ago come close. Unless they are referencing this:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/2intimages/hunter.jpg

Maybe I'm forgetting something?

MANDO
10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
http://www.yojoe.com/action/89/89images/pythonofficer.jpg
http://www.yojoe.com/action/89/89card/pythonofficer-c.jpg

Python Patrol Officer comes pretty close, even came with a Dragunov. Looking at that pic I think a red emblem would've rocked.

Deeznutz6
10-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Are you ^^^^ing kidding me??
The line is 5 characters deep and you give us another variant??
FU SS
Stop working on Disney ^^^^ and devote some ^^^^in time to this line
JC

InsidiousMonk
10-29-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm a bit torn since he looks cool enough but do I have the cash and shelf space for a non-canon variant?

creature4000
10-29-2009, 06:32 PM
So I guess there no chance in hell to get a Night Viper... we'll get Night ops trooper instead???

Pass, not interested in Made up Joes or Cobras.

Deeznutz6
10-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Holy ^^^^, Im still fuming.

There are literally 100 characters they could have done, and in 1 year we have seen 2 that never even existed. Bafflling

Darth Cruel
I love this forum. And I wonder how many of the complainers here were dogging on Star Wars fans for all the complaining they do?:D

Excellent figure. Ordered 2. I may go back and order more in the hope that I can trade them for ones I missed like the Cobra Trooper and Officer...unless the value of those drops on ebay.

King Darkness
It looks cool, but I already have 2 troopers and an officer coming. Not 100% sure I need another one.

Will order for now, will decide to keep or cancel when it comes time to ship.

spazzy
Ordered 2 to go with my 2 sets.

I am sure we will get MANY more variants....be patient they have the line for years they said many to do.

spazzy
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Holy ^^^^, Im still fuming.

There are literally 100 characters they could have done, and in 1 year we have seen 2 that never even existed. Bafflling

2?

The sniper viper and who? :confused:

Deeznutz6
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Ordered 2 to go with my 2 sets.

I am sure we will get MANY more variants....be patient they have the line for years they said many to do.

I have no problem with Variants, but at this point in the lines life span??

Deeznutz6
10-29-2009, 06:37 PM
2?

The sniper viper and who? :confused:

CCC
Crimson Cobra Commander
**** Cobra Commander

Take your pick

Swantiago
I'm a bit torn since he looks cool enough but do I have the cash and shelf space for a non-canon variant?

I know....... Its just a repaint but he does look awsome. Needless to say ordered!:banana

Im just dreading the next 50 pages of ^^^^^ing......
All along everyone was complaining that spooktacular never has any Joe announcements and that we wont see anything until the end of the year.
But, come on !! Cut SS some slack, I know its just a repaint but, its better than nothing right? Its a figure you dont want now but you will later when you want to swell your cobra ranks. :confused:

And I doubt any development time was taken from other figures to create this one. The trooper, officer and sniper were probably all designed together at the same time seeing as its the same figure bar the weapons.

IronFingaz
I ordered it because I want to be a completist with the line...but if Sideshow starts getting repaint crazy, they will lose ALOT of fans.

Snake Eyes (I am assuming we will have a goggled soon)
Cobra Commander (Crimson repaint)
Storm Shadow
Cobra Troop (officer and sniper repaints)
Duke

Don't turn the G.I. Joe line into the next The Dead line!

karamazov80
10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
And I wonder how many of the complainers here were dogging on Star Wars fans for all the complaining they do?:D
Were almost half of the first batch of Star Wars figures announced trooper repaints? If so, then complaints would be justified, IMO.

Deeznutz6
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I know....... Its just a repaint but he does look awsome. Needless to say ordered!:banana

Im just dreading the next 50 pages of ^^^^^ing......
All along everyone was complaining that spooktacular never has any Joe announcements and that we wont see anything until the end of the year.
But, come on !! Cut SS some slack, I know its just a repaint but, its better than nothing right? Its a figure you dont want now but you will later when you want to swell your cobra ranks. :confused:

And I doubt any development time was taken from other figures to create this one. The trooper, officer and sniper were probably all designed together at the same time seeing as its the same figure bar the weapons.

Id rather have nothing...and yes I would complain until the next one was released :lol

creature4000
So this is one for 2010??? That leaves FF, BH and possibly another Varient. My money is on the Stinger driver. :lol

MANDO
We've got a long way to go before reaching SW ^^^^^ing status. :lol

spazzy
10-29-2009, 06:41 PM
CCC
Crimson Cobra Commander
**** Cobra Commander

Take your pick

yeah but he has been around for awhile, SS didn't just create "crimson" ranks. I think Hasbro did convention exclusives with him, or something else.

Plus it was an exclusive, not part of the regular line imo. Still got him though!

These variants don't take too much time to develop and why not use the same design to make more troopers, hasbro has been doing it for 27 years!

karamazov80
I've got no real problem with repaints, but spread the damn releases out!

Deeznutz6
We've got a long way to go before reaching SW ^^^^^ing status. :lol

Were getting close :lol

Im going to change my sig to SW Elitist/Joe Canon Elitist.

thenammagazine
I don't get all the crying. You guys were ^^^^^ing all week long about not getting a Joe announcement, then one comes along and it's not what you expected so you switch the ^^^^^ing to that?! :lol Starting to smell like someone let a Star Wars fart in here.

This figure isn't a variant in the lines of The Dead. There are aspects that make him original other than just color. Additionally, I'm certain we'll get a main character announcement before Christmas.

kl241
I would have gotten the Python Patrol but not this. PASS.

spazzy
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
So this is one for 2010??? That leaves FF, BH and possibly another Varient. My money is on the Stinger driver. :lol

I'd rather have seen the Stinger driver than the Sniper.

MANDO
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM

I would have loved a Stinger Driver! :drool

While I won't say this is terrible looking figure, given the choice I'd buy another regular Trooper over him anyday.

spazzy
10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I would have gotten the Python Patrol but not this. PASS.

I REALLY hope they don't do the python and tiger force. I will still get them but will really hate doing so.

I always hated this design, even when they redid it in the 25th ann line, I hated having to buy them....and they did 2 planes as exclusives too! :banghead

Buttmunch
I don't get all the crying. You guys were ^^^^^ing all week long about not getting a Joe announcement, then one comes along and it's not what you expected so you switch the ^^^^^ing to that?! :lol Starting to smell like someone let a Star Wars fart in here.

This figure isn't a variant in the lines of The Dead. There are aspects that make him original other than just color. Additionally, I'm certain we'll get a main character announcement before Christmas.

Yeah, I don't want to hear about any whining over a legitimate variant. The Dead's were horrible. FOUR Baysitters in different colors? Three Tactical Operatives without ONE of them with non-green skin? Give me these different trooper variants any day.

Deeznutz6

Cmon man, this has nothing to do with not what we expected.
Its another variant so early in a line that has so little figures released.

It would have been worse if they released Deejay or poor old Sneak Peak :rotfl

MANDO
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I always hated this design, even when they redid it in the 25th ann line, I hated having to buy them....and they did 2 planes as exclusives too! :banghead

Was there a gun to your head?

kl241
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
If they wanted to give us a variant why not the Cobra Bazooka Trooper?

creature4000
10-29-2009, 06:47 PM
I've got no real problem with repaints, but spread the damn releases out!

so you're fine with this guy taking the spot of lets say Zartan in 2010??

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 06:47 PM
If they wanted to give us a variant why not the Cobra Bazooka Trooper?

They had to finish German Indy first.

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Cmon man, this has nothing to do with not what we expected.
Its another variant so early in a line that has so little figures released.

It would have been worse if they released Deejay or poor old Sneak Peak :rotfl

Give them some credit. CCC this ain't! And he's an army-builder so I'm not the least bit concerned. Way I see it, you should be happy they gave us a Joe nod during spook anyhow.

http://www.misterkitty.org/shaindle/dramaqn.jpg

I don't mind them putting this out to hold us over while they make sure they get Zartan right. He warrants the Vader treatment.

MANDO
Where the hell is Firefly dammit. :sick

kl241
They had to finish German Indy first.

Well considering how that turned out, maybe not! :lol

creature4000
10-29-2009, 06:49 PM
I actually think it's a cool fig. but definately no room in the collection for me.

MANDO
10-29-2009, 06:49 PM

I've got a theory that Army Builders per se don't take up spots. The Sniper isn't the Qtr. 1 figure for 2010, Duke is.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Unlikely. We've gotten a LOT of Joes in just the last few months. CCC at SDCC. Then the Troopers and Storm Shadow were nearly back to back and then Waypoint 12 just now. These variant troopers really wouldn't take up a spot. They are 90% done. Just a new head and gun with the outfit in different colors. I can't see that holding up new figures. I see these guys as something for us inbetween new figures that require more R&D.

DeltaForceChung
10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Complaints and criticisms not withstanding . . .

I ordered one.

:)

thenammagazine
I've got a theory that Army Builders per se don't take up spots. The Sniper isn't the Qtr. 1 figure for 2010, Duke is.

So you saw that too then. ;)

Ktjn
Funny as it is, I was expecting FireFly too. Hasbro probably had other plans, meh.

karamazov80
10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
No. I'm saying they should spread it out by giving us a number of more distinctive releases in-between the repaints.

And in my opinion, this is precisely the same as CCC.

spazzy
Was there a gun to your head?

techinically no, but I am a completist, and this would have been torture not to get them....I however WILL NOT get Rowdy Roddy Piper what a piece of s*it that is, not even a real Joe and is commanding WAY too much for what it is, maybe if I found him for $10 I would go for it but not $300+:horror

creature4000
I'd much rather have a snowserpent,viper,eels for army building. ;)

I agree that this probably doesn't take any time to make. didn't really think of that. I'll stop complaining.

EVILFACE
You whining babies just need to STFU, this figure rocks. Ordered of course!!

MANDO
So you saw that too then. ;)

Indeed. Similar to the Officer not being the Qtr. 4 '09 figure which was Storm Shadow. As long as the line keeps moving I'm happy.

EVILFACE
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
This could also have been something they were going to offer a bit further down, but we made em offer us something during spook!!

spazzy
I'd much rather have a snowserpent,viper,eels for army building. ;)

I agree that this probably doesn't take any time to make. didn't really think of that. I'll stop complaining.

I think EVERYONE wants those instead of this, but those are COMPLETELY different figures which will take time.....man Eels would be awesome!!

MANDO

The 'Face has spoken.

While I'm looking at him as a parts doner I have to admit he's a bit more sensible than a certain red clown from SDCC.

Sniper > CCC without a shadow of a doubt.

Buttmunch

Listen to Evilface :lecture

ProgMatinee
10-29-2009, 06:56 PM
doesn't bug me too much, i like to think this gives ssc the chance to milk off variant collectors a little so items I want come out eventually.

i think a black outfit with tan accessories isn't far behind. :lol

Deeznutz6
10-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Unlikely. We've gotten a LOT of Joes in just the last few months. CCC at SDCC. Then the Troopers and Storm Shadow were nearly back to back and then Waypoint 12 just now. These variant troopers really wouldn't take up a spot. They are 90% done. Just a new head and gun with the outfit in different colors. I can't see that holding up new figures. I see these guys as something for us inbetween new figures that require more R&D.

Agreed, but thats assuming you picked up all those pieces and its not like these are cheap, sorry but I dont have 120$ to keep paying for variants

karamazov80
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Well, I looked at it again, and it's still dildo. But glad some of you like wacky repaints with only marginal connection to the originals.

Interested to see how they handle the Funskool colored variants in the future.

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Agreed, but thats assuming you picked up all those pieces and its not like these are cheap, sorry but I dont have 120$ to keep paying for variants

Then buy him from an ecommerce for under $100, there's no exclusive here. :rolleyes:

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 06:59 PM

Well, one shouldn't be whining about there not being a lot of figures, if they aren't picking up everything. If one doesn't want them and pass on them, they shouldn't be complaining there is nothing new and the figures are so few and far between. There are lots of new figures coming and some of them are trooper variants.

And why do I remember everyone couldn't wait to get the officer figure. Wow times have changed.

Shai
10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Its by selling figures like this that they will finance more newer characters with more design and development needed..Greg A. already said that they will produce 12'' Gi joe for many years to come..You'll get the ones you want eventually.Stop ^^^^^ing ***s.

darkraiderss
I think it looks cool, but I would have loved to see a new figure instead of a variant. Expect more of the same in the future though. It's not a new practice, many companies do it. It makes them money at less cost than developing a new character. Too bad they don't pass those savings on to us. We'll get the new figures eventually with plenty of these in between.

creature4000
TheNam did you order?

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, I looked at it again, and it's still dildo. But glad some of you like wacky repaints with only marginal connection to the originals.

Interested to see how they handle the Funskool colored variants in the future.

This one at least makes since. When was the last time you saw a Sniper in bright blue? Snipers hide in shadows. Shadows are dark. Black is dark. I don't see anything "Funskool" here. Unless you could CCC. But Cobra Commander is crazy anyway so that is a different story.

Deeznutz6
10-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, one shouldn't be whining about there not being a lot of figures, if they aren't picking up everything. If one doesn't want them and pass on them, they shouldn't be complaining there is nothing new and the figures are so few and far between. There are lots of new figures coming and some of them are trooper variants.

And why do I remember everyone couldn't wait to get the officer figure. Wow times have changed.

A wall isnt a figure..

And I have all of the except the wall and the CCC..

MANDO
10-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Its by selling figures like this that they will finance more newer characters with more design and development needed..Greg A. already said that they will produce 12'' Gi joe for many years to come..You'll get the one you want eventually.Stop ^^^^^ing ***s.

Agreed. These Troop variants are essentiall the endless amount of BS prequel Jedi that we saw before they release stuff like Storm Troopers and Vader.

Besides, you're still getting Duke in Qtr. 1! :flag

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 07:03 PM
A wall isnt a figure..

And I have all of the except the wall and the CCC..

But Timber is.

YoNoSe
10-29-2009, 07:04 PM
You'll get the ones you want eventually.

Even if the one I want is Quick-Kick?

I get the complaining, but for a "lame repaint" he's pretty effing cool looking.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Agreed. These Troop variants are essentiall the endless amount of BS prequel Jedi that we saw before they release stuff like Storm Troopers and Vader.

Besides, you're still getting Duke in Qtr. 1! :flag

SW = Sick of Jedis with names, want Troopers
Joes = sick of troopers, want Joes with names

:lol

EVILFACE
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
The 'Face has spoken.

While I'm looking at him as a parts doner I have to admit he's a bit more sensible than a certain red clown from SDCC.

Sniper > CCC without a shadow of a doubt.

He will be awesome for parts, especialy his sniper rifle. The one that comes with Rambo III if fauking awesome, buy you never see it offered loose.

And yea, I expect to see a "Stinger" driver variant, but he will prolly have a different function.

I also agree with you that these generic Troopers do not take the main character slots like Duke, Storm Shadow ect.

karamazov80
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Its the same concept of a "cool" looking figure that has nothing much to do with the original at all. It seems that most of you just think he looks good, so you can justify him while simultaneously hating on (and constantly "b*tching" about) CCC, which is based on the same exact concept.

Yeah, a sniper would wear dark clothes. Similarly, a power mad former used car salesman/dictator wearing a hood over his face is just as likely to be red as blue.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Its the same concept of a "cool" looking figure that has nothing much to do with the original at all. It seems that most of you just think he looks good, so you can justify him while simultaneously hating on (and constantly "b*tching" about) CCC, which is based on the same exact concept.

Yeah, a sniper would wear dark clothes. Similarly, a power mad former used car salesman/dictator wearing a hood over his face is just as likely to be red as blue.

But Sideshow is giving these figures a touch of realism to them. That is what makes these Sideshow's figures and not just big Hasbro ones. So a black sniper would be more realistic than a blue one. Again, I don't have a good reason for CCC. I think Hasbro did have something to do with that as all of the Joe con exclusives this year were "Crimson" and a Crimson Snake Eyes would have been the only other option since those were the only 2 Joe figures that were already made. I think CCC was a better choice than CSE.

EVILFACE
10-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Its by selling figures like this that they will finance more newer characters with more design and development needed..Greg A. already said that they will produce 12'' Gi joe for many years to come..You'll get the ones you want eventually.Stop ^^^^^ing ***s.

QFMFT
:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

The Craw
10-29-2009, 07:13 PM
i ordered him no brainer. i love the whining already. he's a great figure. it's not just a color change. he has a different weapon and head. people don't realize that these variants are actually letting us get 2 figures per quarter without taking away from the more detailed characters by rushing them. i hope he has a low edition size.

Kibishii
10-29-2009, 07:13 PM
I think this looks great and will be perfect for troop building, but I am disappointed that we didn't see Firefly. It looks like they will announce a new figure, give us a troop builder, new figure, troop builder, new figure, etc...

I am assuming GI Joe is an expensive license, so Sideshow has to "get the biggest bang" for their R&D bucks. Like it or not, alot of people want troop builders. If makinga repaint or two each year lets them continue to offer this line, that is great. Just don't get greedy with repaints like they did with the Dead line.

I am not one of the people that insists on 'only RAH' characters; I hope to see a Wraith and Cesspool eventually. Just like I don't mind the 'occasional' obscure character in SW or Marvel, but make sure to give us the "popular" character more often.

YoNoSe
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
It's not like they made a Cobra Bee Keeper. It's a Sniper. If they never had one before, I'd say it's about time.

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 07:15 PM
TheNam did you order?

I have one ordered through Sideshow and plan to order one through my favorite ecommerce when he starts shipping.

MANDO
10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
But Timber is.

He will be awesome for parts, especialy his sniper rifle. The one that comes with Rambo III if fauking awesome, buy you never see it offered loose.

This is true and I think the Dragunov does show that they know what they are doing when it comes to Joe.

I see a pair of these alongside Firefly looking quite badass. Even the faceless sabotuer needs cover at some point. :rock

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 07:18 PM
This is true and I think the Dragunov does show that they know what they are doing when it comes to Joe.

I see a pair of these alongside Firefly looking quite badass. Even the faceless sabotuer needs cover at some point. :rock

:lecture:lecture:lecture

devlinboy
10-29-2009, 07:19 PM
i like the boots

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 07:19 PM

Don't say that! I might need to get 2 then! :lol

darkraiderss
10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
SW = Sick of Jedis with names, want Troopers
Joes = sick of troopers, want Joes with names

So true, didn't think of it that way :stormtroo

Blackthornone
10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Black for a Sniper makes sense though. He'd hide better than if he was in blue.

Are you sure about that? The night sky is dark blue, not black. Camo would undoubtedly been the best choice, or green, sort of like the Civil War Berdan sharpshooters.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
So true, didn't think of it that way :stormtroo

I guess Sideshow is just damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I could see us saying "We have 6 Joes and only Cobra Commander for them to fight. Where are the TROOPERS?!"

MANDO
10-29-2009, 07:25 PM
So, Cobra Sniper, huh? Low Light anyone? :naughty

creature4000
10-29-2009, 07:25 PM

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I'm serious! :D

spazzy
10-29-2009, 07:26 PM
It's not like they made a Cobra Bee Keeper. It's a Sniper. If they never had one before, I'd say it's about time.

:lol:rotfl

lerath666
10-29-2009, 07:33 PM
we've got a mystery PPO tommorow. Could still be firefly.

guys, chill out.

It' s neet. makes more sense that CCC ( Atleast there is a REASON for him to be in all black)

and he looks cool to boot.

HATE the folding stock on the gun however. Regardless, Ordered one.

NASEDO
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Is this even a real "Joe" figure, never heard of him. Is he from the "Expended Universe", just dont get it. I dont mind variants, but I have no clue about this figure. Its like the Darth Talon, I cant spend money on characters I dont know, makes no sense. I would of rather seen a Crimson Cobra Trooper. I can't believe SS is adding new characters to the "Joe" line.

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Is this even a real "Joe" figure, never heard of him. Is he from the "Expended Universe", just dont get it. I dont mind variants, but I have no clue about this figure. Its like the Darth Talon, I cant spend money on characters I dont know, makes no sense. I would of rather seen a Crimson Cobra Trooper. I can't believe SS is adding new characters to the "Joe" line.

Then feel free to pass. He's not even a regular Joe release so it's not like you're missing anything. :rolleyes:

The Craw
10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
i don't need to know who he is. as long as he has a file card i'll be ok. i never read the comics and i don't remember the cartoon at all. i buy these cuz i had dozens of Joes as a kid. to me the nostalgia value and high quality of these figures is worth the price. if it's visually appealing i'm happy to add it to the collection. CCC wasn't appealing to me. Cobra sniper is.

sSHADOWw
10-29-2009, 07:42 PM
ordered, looks awesome. I have a feeling ss might hits us back with a better announcement for you die hard fans

MANDO
10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
What I REALLY dig about this figure is that he's got a new headsculpt and it's not just repainted! :rock

Khev
10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Cool looking figure in the tradition of the Crimson CC which makes it a pass for me. That's okay considering Duke and the throne are already making for one expensive Q1 2010.

80's Joes only for me, looking forward to the next preview!

Shadow King
10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Ordered it. I am still committed to this line.

NASEDO
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Then feel free to pass. He's not even a regular Joe release so it's not like you're missing anything. :rolleyes:

I no I can pass, I'm just wondering if this character is a brand new character or one from the past. I'm not bashing the figure. I understand its another "milk" figure. But wheres the concept from? Funny how people get so mad when you dont praise SS.

Shadow King
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
They should have called him Dr. Fumbles.

MANDO
10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I no I can pass, I'm just wondering if this character is a brand new character or one from the past. I'm not bashing the figure. I understand its another "milk" figure. But wheres the concept from? Funny how people get so mad when you dont praise SS.

It's a new concept figure. Similar to the Python Patrol version from '89, but certainly not quite it.
We don't always praise SSC in this section, check of the Snake Eyes Environment and Crimson Cobra Commander threads for proof of that. However, overall SSC has done absolute wonders with this line and sensible variations like this one are easier to stomach because of that.http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Khev
10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/sniper2.jpghttp://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/ccc.jpghttp://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/sniper.jpg

devlinboy
10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/sniper2.jpghttp://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/ccc.jpghttp://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/sniper.jpg

looks great to me. i like the figure alot. if people are going to pass on it i can understand that as well.

Shai
10-29-2009, 07:58 PM
like Mando said, with Firefly ,those will look f'n bad ass.Not buying but certainly can appreciate a nice figure.

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:01 PM

The two balls look great, but the ^^^^ in the middle sucks! Personally, I'd be more concerned that they're gonna count the 12" dios as a figure release.

kl241
10-29-2009, 08:01 PM
got Zartan? :rotfl

spazzy
10-29-2009, 08:05 PM
They should have called him Dr. Fumbles.

:rotfl:rotfl

InsidiousMonk
10-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I would have loved a Stinger Driver! :drool

Agreed. If I had any customizing skills I would just buy another trooper and do something like this:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5351/imcobrastingerdriver.jpg

kl241
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Agreed. If I had any customizing skills I would just buy another trooper and do something like this:

Now I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

sSHADOWw
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM

:confused:for some reason he looks like he is wearing kids pajamas

Skiman
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM

:lol :lol :lol

MANDO
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM

Beautiful!!! :rock :rock :rock

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:16 PM

You need to forward that to Sideshow. Tell them who he is and show them how simple a variant he is and I bet we'd see him soon. I'd certainly do a custom of this but I'm at a loss for the red gear and I'd completely ^^^^ up the Cobra symbols.

IrishJedi
10-29-2009, 08:19 PM
If Sideshow can do **** Cobra Commander and a Cobra Sniper but doesn't already know what the Stinger Driver is then the lined is probably doomed. :lol

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:19 PM
If Sideshow can do **** Cobra Commander and a Cobra Sniper but doesn't already know what the Stinger Driver is then the lined is probably doomed. :lol

They thought CCC was cool... :dunno ...just sayin'

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't get it, I like it and I will order from my LCS and save precious duckets.

EDIT: 10 bucks says he will have a super low edition size. And B_TCH be cool!

kl241
10-29-2009, 08:21 PM
They sure as hell better make a 1:6 Stinger to go with him!! :rock

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't get it, I like it and I will order from my LCS and save precious duckets. Stop all the complaining people are starting to sound like a bunch of slack-jawed ******s! :lol

I'll PayPal you $5 to say that to Justin, Lee in MI or Valfar in the SW threads. :lol

spazzy
10-29-2009, 08:22 PM
with the jeep also :)

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
with the jeep also :)

Pssst. That's what kl241 meant. It's called the Stinger. ;)

spazzy
10-29-2009, 08:24 PM
I know just caught that I thought he was still referring to the stinger driver.

One of my favorite vehicles. I picked one up MISB about 6 years ago from a comic shop for $40, he didn't know, he thought it was in the 1985 vehicle lists instead of the 1984...I ended up having to sell it a couple years later for $450!

Skiman
10-29-2009, 08:26 PM
i don't need to know who he is. as long as he has a file card i'll be ok. i never read the comics and i don't remember the cartoon at all. i buy these cuz i had dozens of Joes as a kid. to me the nostalgia value and high quality of these figures is worth the price. if it's visually appealing i'm happy to add it to the collection. CCC wasn't appealing to me. Cobra sniper is.

Craw you need some Joe DVD's my friend :rock

Skiman
10-29-2009, 08:30 PM
I'll PayPal you $5 to say that to Justin, Lee in MI or Valfar in the SW threads. :lol

:lol:lol:lol

*Arnold clasp Carl Weathers handshake*

IrishJedi
10-29-2009, 08:33 PM
I do think this is a cool-looking figure with some great, accessories. I ordered one. Definitely better than **** Cobra Commander.

But, seriously, NO MORE VARIANTS FOR A WHILE!

We've been unhappy with the snails pace of the line, and they come with this? Geez!

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:34 PM

*Arnold clasp Carl Weathers handshake*

Waddamadah Deelon? Da CIA Got eu pooshing too manee penzilz?

teemu
10-29-2009, 08:34 PM
why couldn't they given us a Cobra Viper instead?:confused:

The Craw
10-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Craw you need some Joe DVD's my friend :rocki thought about it. but i watched some clips online and it didn't really do anything for me. i don't think i watched much of the Joe toon as a kid. not like the filmation MOTU which i watched religiously and can still remember certain episodes from my childhood. if i got into any joe media it would be the old marvel comic run. i think i'm alright with file cards for now though. file cards were all i needed as a kid.

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:37 PM

The SW section is a lost cause, oddly enough those guys can be cool but they turn on the "yougottabeeffingkiddingme" posts into high gear to a place that it ain't even worth acknowledging or responding to. And to Khev sorry duder, I was surprised we could say the word ****** and I was quoting Predator to express "my true feelings" on the subject. Next time would nancy-boys suffice?

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM

Because they hate you. :joy

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I do think this is a cool-looking figure with some great, accessories. I ordered one. Definitely better than **** Cobra Commander.

But, seriously, NO MORE VARIANTS FOR A WHILE!

We've been unhappy with the snails pace of the line, and they come with this? Geez!

No to a chromdome version of CC? Come on Carl you would cave like that freeway in Minneapolis if they made him. I know I would. People have to remember this type of figure (cool color/variant around Spooktacular) makes perfect sense based on SSC's history. I dig it. Throw a black cape from the cape master himself Drizzle and BAM! the Cobra Sniper would look that much cooler.

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:42 PM
i thought about it. but i watched some clips online and it didn't really do anything for me. i don't think i watched much of the Joe toon as a kid. not like the filmation MOTU which i watched religiously and can still remember certain episodes from my childhood. if i got into any joe media it would be the old marvel comic run. i think i'm alright with file cards for now though. file cards were all i needed as a kid.

If you like Filmation's He-Man (I love it too) then the GI JOE cartoon is like the effing Godfather in comparison.

kl241
10-29-2009, 08:42 PM
A cape?!?! What is he Count Cobra?

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:44 PM
No to a chromdome version of CC? Come on Carl you would cave like that freeway in Minneapolis if they made him. I know I would. People have to remember this type of figure (cool color/variant around Spooktacular) makes perfect sense based on SSC's history. I dig it. Throw a black cape from the cape master himself Drizzle and BAM! the Cobra Sniper would look that much cooler.

:google:google:google:google:google um.... no. He's the Cobra Sniper, not the Cobra magician.

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:44 PM
A cape?!?! What is he Count Cobra?

Yes. Yes he is. :emperor

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:45 PM
:google:google:google:google:google um.... no.

No, no, no. Not on the Sniper on CC. :duh

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:46 PM
No, no, no. Not on the Sniper on CC. :duh

You might as well wrap a turd in a Drizzle cape. Same thing.

spazzy
10-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Because they hate you. :joy

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:48 PM
You might as well wrap a turd in a Drizzle cape. Same thing.

Is this because Valfar doesn't like the SSC Sandtrooper? :dunno

IrishJedi
10-29-2009, 08:49 PM

I wouldn't consider a helmeted Cobra Commander a variant, because almost the entire figure would have to be different from what we've already got. New head (duh), new uniform, gloves, removable cape, etc. Pretty much the only thing that should be re-purposed on that one is the vintage style gun.

So, yeah, that'd be much different than these Cobra Troops or CCC, which were clear variants with minimal changes or simple color swaps.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Even if the figure is entirely different, it is still technically a variant. Same character, new figure = variant.

These Troopers technically aren't variants since they are different kinds of troopers. If we got a black and silver officer for example, that would be a variant.

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't consider a helmeted Cobra Commander a variant, because almost the entire figure would have to be different from what we've already got. New head (duh), new uniform, gloves, removable cape, etc. Pretty much the only thing that should be re-purposed on that one is the vintage style gun.

So, yeah, that'd be much different than these Cobra Troops or CCC, which were clear variants with minimal changes or simple color swaps.

Nice. Thanks for "duhing" me. :D But well now I know where you're coming from...

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM

Again though, this isn't a standard quarterly release. So as far as I'm concerned, it's icing on the cake.

IrishJedi
10-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Even if the figure is entirely different, it is still technically a variant. Same character, new figure = variant.

These Troopers technically aren't variants since they are different kinds of troopers. If we got a black and silver officer for example, that would be a variant.

That's all semantics, dude. :lol

I'm talking about the same figures using the same patterns, clothing, accessories, etc. Those are variants.

But, again, all semantics. The point is that these troops are basically the same figure, just with different eyes, different colors and a few different accessories. And that's all well-and-good, but we need some more varied (and DIFFERENT) characters in this line before they start the rehash treatment.

I like this figure and ordered one, but I certainly don't count it as "new". I hope TheNam is right that this doesn't count toward the "1 per quarter" average release.

Cocoboloboy
10-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice figure. Everything but the sleeves looks excellent. SS sure loads this line up with gear. :rock

Khev
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
:google:google:google:google:google um.... no. He's the Cobra Sniper, not the Cobra magician.

I thought that's what he meant as well. :lol

Deak Starkiller
10-29-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm talking about the same figures using the same patterns, clothing, accessories, etc. Those are variants.

But, again, all semantics. The point is that these troops are basically the same figure, just with different eyes, different colors and a few different accessories. And that's all well-and-good, but we need some more varied (and DIFFERENT) characters in this line before they start the rehash treatment.

You did say different 4 times, are you sure you still think this is the same figure? :rotfl But seriously it's Spooktacular this makes sense for this time of year. I agree though we are due for a new figure announcement. Same with Indy. :monkey2

EVILFACE
10-29-2009, 09:08 PM

We'll prolly see them later.

MANDO
10-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I like this figure and ordered one, but I certainly don't count it as "new". I hope TheNam is right that this doesn't count toward the "1 per quarter" average release.

He doesn't. Duke is still the main Qtr. 1 release. I look at it like the Masters of the Universe Classic figures. One main release and a bonus figure on top.

Duke is Qtr. 1, Firefly will be Qtr. 2, with Beachhead Qtr. 3, and Crimson Guard Qtr. 4. Anything else in the mix is an optional side item! http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

...CG was wishful thinking. :o

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Duke is their Q1 release. So the fact that this fella is coming out in Q1 as well, SHOULD support that. :lol

EVILFACE
10-29-2009, 09:09 PM

That would not be a variant, he better be a figure with a all new outfit designed up like the original figure.

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
That would not be a variant, he better be a figure with a all new outfit designed up like the original figure.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Rehashing the Bradstreet with the helmet would be a pimpslap to all of us who collect this line.

MANDO
10-29-2009, 09:12 PM

:lecture
People all too often get mixed up with the terms "variation" and "version".

Straight Arm CC is a varient. Mickey Mouse CC is a varient. Hooded and Battle Armor are different versions of the character, not varients of the chrome dome figure.

thenammagazine
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
People all too often get mixed up with the terms "variation" and "version".

Straight Arm CC is a varient. Mickey Mouse CC is a varient. Hooded and Battle Armor are different versions of the character, not varients of the chrome dome figure.

However, if they just popped his battle helmet on the hooded version, that's a variant. :(

IrishJedi
10-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Duke is their Q1 release. So the fact that this fella is coming out in Q1 as well, SHOULD support that. :lol

I've always taken the "1 per quarter" mantra to basically mean an average of 4-5 figures per year. So I hope we see more than 4 more figures announced between now and a year from now (not counting SDCC Exclusive).

IrishJedi
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM
However, if they just popped his battle helmet on the hooded version, that's a variant. :(

And that would be some inaccurate B.S. too. :( :lol

JukieX
10-29-2009, 10:02 PM
I asked in the Sideshow chat earlier if varients like the cobra sniper would be included in the 4 per year deal and this is the response from Alex :

"<SideshowAlex> Jukiex: That would most likely include varients...though at the rate/populatirty the Joe line is going I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than 4 figures a year"

So I guess it does count but we'll probably get more that 4 a year. From what I gathered from the chat log with Greg I think the 4 per year depends on development and hasbros approval rate.

Buttmunch
10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
We've already gotten more than 4 figures this year.

Snake Eyes
Cobra Commander
CCC
Cobra Trooper(s)
Storm Shadow

and the Cobra Officer(s) very soon. And thats not even counting the Environment. I don't know why you guys are so worried about only 4 per year when we've already gotten more than that this year.

immauser
10-29-2009, 10:18 PM
We've already gotten more than 4 figures this year.

Snake Eyes
Cobra Commander
CCC
Cobra Trooper(s)
Storm Shadow

and the Cobra Officer(s) very soon. And thats not even counting the Environment. I don't know why you guys are so worried about only 4 per year when we've already gotten more than that this year.

i cant wait for cobra officers...those will be soooo cool:banana:banana

EVILFACE
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Wonder if this will be whats on the filecard.
Just as the venom of a cobra contains neurotoxins that are capable of killing a human with a single bite, Cobra Snipers are deadly with a single shot. One of the vilest individuals on earth, COBRA Commander rarely, if ever, negotiates his demands. Instead, he uses his elite unit of snipers to demonstrate the consequences of non-compliance. From concealed positions, COBRA Snipers take care of those unwilling to give in to COBRA Commander's demands or are simply in the way of a larger agenda. In addition to their extensive infantry training and natural born marksmanship capabilities, COBRA Snipers are specialists in camouflage, infiltration, observation and reconnaissance techniques. Employing these abilities, COBRA dispatches snipers across the globe to remind the nations of the world that their most important personnel are always within reach of COBRA's fangs. Time and time again, G.I. JOE has had to deal with COBRA Snipers on the battlefield. Above being an added annoyance and source of frustration, COBRA Snipers have hit their marks more times than the Joe's are willing to admit. While respected for their abilities, their cold-blooded selection of targets incenses many of the Joes and at the same time filling COBRA Commander's heart with delight. They have no remorse and the psychological training they received from COBRA has removed any trace of conscience that may have previously affected their loyalties. These individuals are simply an extension of the venom coursing in COBRA Commander's veins.......COBRA!

hairlesswookiee
10-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Easy pass. Maybe a rainy day purchase for cheap down the road. This pic reminds me of those videos of people improperly holding a rifle that recoils back and smacks them in the face.
http://i33.tinypic.com/10covps.jpg

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Easy pass. Maybe a rainy day purchase for cheap down the road. This pic reminds me of those videos of people improperly holding a rifle that recoils back and smacks them in the face.
http://i33.tinypic.com/10covps.jpg

The promo shots here are night and day better than the ones they took of Snake Eyes. :lol

Bloodsport
10-30-2009, 01:24 AM
at this point I guess we can forget about Destro and Zartan. Heck, I rather settle for another Snake Eyes figure since Hasbro does have different variantions of Snake Eyes. That I wont mind but this here. SS just making s>>> up as they go along with the line.

King Darkness
10-30-2009, 01:32 AM

Bottomline, he is a trooper variant, but one that makes sence, and is different enough to stand out from the other troopers, not just a color swap like CCC.

Malakite
10-30-2009, 01:37 AM
Well, damn it, I wished for a new Joe announcement, would have loved to hear some new character was coming, but hey, I'm glad since I didn't troop build with the normal trooper variant, I'll get this one for sure!

kl241
10-30-2009, 01:38 AM
http://www.eternitycomicsandcollectibles.com/eternitycomicsandcollectibles/catalog/images/GIJoeCobraBazooka1.jpg

EVILFACE
10-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Yea, and?

DinoDB1975
10-30-2009, 02:49 AM
Ordered one. Not my first choice for another figure, of course, but the color looks cool and the sniper rifle is ace. I could see Firefly's night camo in the exact same shade with lighter grey as well.

Has Sideshow ever "re-released" figures in any line? Wonder if there's any chance that the collectible figures set to be announced could be a package of the Cobra Trooper, Cobra Officer, and Cobra Sniper, for those that missed out on the initial two and/or want to army build.

King Darkness
10-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Wonder if there's any chance that the collectible figures set to be announced could be a package of the Cobra Trooper, Cobra Officer, and Cobra Sniper, for those that missed out on the initial two and/or want to army build.

Not gonna happen.

DPrime
10-30-2009, 04:07 AM
Looks cool, but kind of disappointing as well. I too would rather have had these Trooper variants spaced out a bit, but whatever. I preordered, but may cancel as there's no variant and I could probably get it shipped cheaper from a member here after its release, or on Ebay (I wish Sideshow would just use USPS to Canada...).

He'll look really good nestled in the Recon at Waypoint environment, with Snake Eyes sneaking up on him!

I've actually got a couple RAH figures very similar to this, I'll take some pics after work...

swiftlikessharpthings
10-30-2009, 04:55 AM
It looks cool enough, but these variants are getting a little bit out of hand. I still maintain that the Dragonov rifle should have been the exclusive for the regular trooper...

AngryEwok
10-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Recoil is gonna take his eye out.

:gun

creature4000
10-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Not really.. it has a soft eye protector on the end of the scope.

just sayin. ;)

the angry orc
10-30-2009, 05:43 AM
looks cool...trooper variants = :rock

i don't think this guy will take anybody's release spot...i.e. zartan, firefly, etc.

IrishJedi
10-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Recoil is gonna take his eye out.

:gun

It's a sniper rifle.

maskfreak
10-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Cool looking sniper. I am going to save my money on this one to buy 2 Zartans when he comes out.......

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 07:08 AM
http://www.eternitycomicsandcollectibles.com/eternitycomicsandcollectibles/catalog/images/GIJoeCobraBazooka1.jpg

You do realize that this was just a fabrication for the 25th Anniversary like CCC, and has no foundation in Joe canon.

Looks cool, but kind of disappointing as well. I too would rather have had these Trooper variants spaced out a bit, but whatever. I preordered, but may cancel as there's no variant and I could probably get it shipped cheaper from a member here after its release, or on Ebay (I wish Sideshow would just use USPS to Canada...).

He'll look really good nestled in the Recon at Waypoint environment, with Snake Eyes sneaking up on him!

I've actually got a couple RAH figures very similar to this, I'll take some pics after work...

This is what you've been crying for since last Thursday. :lol

Skiman
10-30-2009, 07:29 AM

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Khev
10-30-2009, 07:48 AM

I like this figure and ordered one

I have one ordered through Sideshow and plan to order one through my favorite ecommerce when he starts shipping.

You hypocrites owe an apology to everyone you ripped on for purchasing the CCC. :) Every reason you're giving for justifying the "Blackhole Cobra Trooper" is exactly what the fans of CCC were saying back when he was announced.

Shai
10-30-2009, 07:53 AM
You hypocrites owe an apology to everyone you ripped on for purchasing the CCC. :) Every reason you're giving for justifying the "Blackhole Cobra Trooper" is exactly what the fans of CCC were saying back when he was announced.

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/freeman/homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.jpg

DPrime
10-30-2009, 07:53 AM
This is what you've been crying for since last Thursday. :lol

Yes and no.

It's okay, but I think that most people hoping for a GI Joe announcement were expecting a new figure.

I'm all for this. It looks cool and everything, but it really seems like it'd be better as an exclusive of some sort, or at least something down the road. I mean, we all just got our regular Cobra Troopers after all!

If you look at it like an "extra", which it very well may be, as you say (i.e. not a "regular release" figure), then it's great, but I'm still a lot more excited about seeing a new character.

King Darkness
10-30-2009, 07:56 AM
I always said the CCC looked cool but was absolutely unnecessary as a figure. I feel the exact same way about the Sniper.

That being said, they are completely different imo. Variants of such core figures like CC is just wrong imo. Its like making a pink Snake Eyes.

Variants of troopers is completely different. Since the trooper itself is a rather generic 'character' to begin with I see variants of those making much more sense than variants of core characters.

I like the sniper. It came out cool so I ordered. But if it have never been made its not something I would miss.

IrishJedi
10-30-2009, 07:58 AM
http://members.arstechnica.com/x/freeman/homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.jpg
:lol :rotfl :lol

I always said the CCC looked cool but was absolutely unnecessary as a figure. I feel the exact same way about the Sniper.

That being said, they are completely different imo. Variants of such core figures like CC is just wrong imo. Its like making a pink Snake Eyes.

Variants of troopers is completely different. Since the trooper itself is a rather generic 'character' to begin with I see variants of those making much more sense than variants of core characters.

Bottom line: Cobra Sniper >>>>>> **** Cobra Commander

Skiman
10-30-2009, 08:02 AM

http://i80.servimg.com/u/f80/13/00/49/16/ccc_co10.jpg

IrishJedi
10-30-2009, 08:06 AM
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

I'd never seen that before.

King Darkness
10-30-2009, 08:07 AM
I think Irish owes us all an apology for his general behavior and name dropping ways :lecture

FLOSI
10-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Wow... Kinda lackluster....

IrishJedi
10-30-2009, 08:11 AM
I think Irish owes us all an apology for his general behavior and name dropping ways :lecture

No. We are past the Statute of Limitations on that now. :lecture

Mad Old Lu
10-30-2009, 08:12 AM

I like the sniper. It came out cool so I ordered. But if it have never been made its not something I would miss.

Very cool. I'm not collecting Joes, but I would have been happy to add this figure to my collection! Isn't this better for army building than just buying multiples of the same cobra trooper? It adds a nice variety!

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 08:31 AM

1. CCC was a marketing ploy only 3 figures in and an unnecessary variant that just didn't make sense at all.

2. Compare the two. CCC sucks. Sniper does not.

3. This figure is more inline with the 25th Bazooka figure. A modern upgrade that's not only cool, but practical and should've existed back in the comics and cartoon because it makes sense. Putting CC in red? No.

4. No? :lol

Yes and no.

It's okay, but I think that most people hoping for a GI Joe announcement were expecting a new figure.

I'm all for this. It looks cool and everything, but it really seems like it'd be better as an exclusive of some sort, or at least something down the road. I mean, we all just got our regular Cobra Troopers after all!

If you look at it like an "extra", which it very well may be, as you say (i.e. not a "regular release" figure), then it's great, but I'm still a lot more excited about seeing a new character.

This isn't a quarterly release. So for all intents and purposes, it's an extra. Comes out the same quarter as Duke.

http://i80.servimg.com/u/f80/13/00/49/16/ccc_co10.jpg

Shut up, go home, and change your :censored, ya bloody newb!

(This post was self censored because the moderator of this thread won't allow any more feminine product jokes about CCC.)

corin7
10-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Sold. Love the figure. I am glad SS is putting their own spin on the line. Sniper fits right in from my perspective, much better than many of the figures Hasbro came up with over the years. Variants are just a fact of life with any line these days. This is the reason I didn't get more than one trooper. After watching the videos from SDCC it was obvious SS was going to be releasing a lot of Trooper variants. I am just happy to have a new figure on the way. I do hope we get Beach Head before Firefly now, my Joes are soo out numbered.

IrishJedi
10-30-2009, 08:59 AM
1. CCC was a marketing ploy only 3 figures in and an unnecessary variant that just didn't make sense at all.

2. Compare the two. CCC sucks. Sniper does not.

3. This figure is more inline with the 25th Bazooka figure. A modern upgrade that's not only cool, but practical and should've existed back in the comics and cartoon because it makes sense. Putting CC in red? No.

4. No? :lol

kl241
10-30-2009, 09:16 AM
You do realize that this was just a fabrication for the 25th Anniversary like CCC, and has no foundation in Joe canon.

You do realize the same is true for the Cobra Sniper as well. So what's your point?

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 09:21 AM
You do realize the same is true for the Cobra Sniper as well. So what's your point?

That IS my point. :lol It looked like you were trying to say that the Bazooka was more canonical. I'm not the only one, EF got the same vibe too. :lol

Skiman
10-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Pffffffffffffffffffff CCC FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kl241
10-30-2009, 09:25 AM
No, it's just looks cooler.

creature4000
10-30-2009, 09:28 AM
If you like it or not, CCC and Sniper trooper are the same thing.

One is not justified over then other and if you think so, then Khev is right.

Shai
10-30-2009, 09:28 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/aarrgghhv2/costanzaPopcorn.gif

Skiman
10-30-2009, 09:30 AM
If you like it or not, CCC and Sniper trooper are the same thing.

One is not justified over then other and if you think so, then Khev is right.

Shai
10-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Khev cant be right..he's a mod.

MANDO
10-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Shoulda been blue... :dunno

Shai
10-30-2009, 09:35 AM
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/thriller/25.gif

creature4000
10-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Shoulda been blue... :dunno

true... as a sniper he should want to blend in with his fellow troopers. :lol

Skiman
10-30-2009, 09:38 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2496/3892725627_a97dcb3527.jpg

kl241
10-30-2009, 09:39 AM
If he's going for stealth why would he have a big silver reflector painted on his helmet giving away his position? :huh

MANDO
10-30-2009, 09:42 AM
true... as a sniper he should want to blend in with his fellow troopers. :lol

No, were he blue he would've looked exactly like the original Officer and you could just swap rifles with the Trooper. There'd of been very little to piss and moan about with that one.

creature4000
10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=6822

EVILFACE
10-30-2009, 09:49 AM

I can let them slide on a generic soldier, not a main character.

The Craw
10-30-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=6822:lol WTF?

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Sounds to me like you losers who bought CCC are still trying to justify it to us. :lol

:survivor, CCC's a fail!

creature4000
10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=6823

Preshea
10-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't know what to say... why this?:confused: No, I'm not complaining, but I do fear that releases like this will lead to a loss of interest and support for this line before they get around to making all the core characters. I say that because the releases are already seemingly slow to most of us but then again maybe there just hinting that the releases in the line will start to pick up. Heres hoping.

The Craw
10-30-2009, 10:01 AM
still hoping for something joe related in the figure set. whatever that is.

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't know what to say... why this?:confused: No, I'm not complaining, but I do fear that releases like this will lead to a loss of interest and support for this line before they get around to making all the core characters. I say that because the releases are already seemingly slow to most of us but then again maybe there just hinting that the releases in the line will start to pick up. Heres hoping.

Have you read the posts here? If you had, you'd realize this figure is a bonus release, outside of the quarterly "main characters" we're supposed to get. If anything, aside from being an army builder, he'll help boost interest in the line.

MANDO
10-30-2009, 10:03 AM
:survivor, CCC's a fail!

Yeah there's no avoiding that one.http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Skiman
10-30-2009, 10:07 AM
They all rule nuff said bunny bread :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

Deeznutz6
10-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Have you read the posts here? If you had, you'd realize this figure is a bonus release, outside of the quarterly "main characters" we're supposed to get. If anything, aside from being an army builder, he'll help boost interest in the line.

Did someone from SS come in and advise this was a "bonus", is that just assumption on everyones part?

IrishJedi
10-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Did someone from SS come in and advise this was a "bonus", is that just assumption on everyones part?

People are making that assumption based on the "1 per quarter" mantra and the fact that both this and Duke are scheduled for 1st Quarter 2010.

:huh

Preshea
10-30-2009, 10:36 AM

Are you being confrontational again?:lol Yea bro I read it and thats why I said the latter (not trying to argue with you, honestly:peace)but I think it also could backfire.

You still have those who get a lil impatient waitng for more popular characters to come into the fold. Too much of this and not upping the number of different troops per year(to 6 or even 12) and eventually the number collectors waiting may say screw it and give up on the line all together. Not saying thats me or you but I personally am holding out for the original viper and B.A.T.'s for my army as well as chrome face cobra commander(don't mind being patient ethier). With releases like this that seemingly slow things down, other collectors that feel that way may start to give up and more of that risks Sideshow discontinuing the line.

The Craw
10-30-2009, 10:49 AM
People are making that assumption based on the "1 per quarter" mantra and the fact that both this and Duke are scheduled for 1st Quarter 2010.

:huhthat and the fact that we'll have 6 figures shipped to us by the end of this year but there were only 4 quarters in 2009 i believe. so they aren't really following the 1 per quarter rule. it's more of a guideline than a rule me thinks.

devlinboy
10-30-2009, 10:50 AM
that and the fact that we'll have 6 figures shipped to us by the end of this year but there were only 4 quarters in 2009 i believe. so they aren't really following the 1 per quarter rule. it's more of a guideline than a rule me thinks.

there was actually 6 quarters in 2009.

Khev
10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Shai stop posting those damn popcorn eating gifs. :thwak :lol

They should've made the Cobra Sniper blue and given the AK-74 to the black trooper. Then their made up soldier could be "Night Ops Commando" or whatever and the blue soldier w/Dragunov would have been a perfect update of the original 1982 figure.

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 10:55 AM
that and the fact that we'll have 6 figures shipped to us by the end of this year but there were only 4 quarters in 2009 i believe. so they aren't really following the 1 per quarter rule. it's more of a guideline than a rule me thinks.

And so long as we get four "major character" releases a year, the rest is gravy! :D

devlinboy
10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Shai stop posting those damn popcorn eating gifs. :thwak :lol

They should've made the Cobra Sniper blue and given the AK-74 to the black trooper. Then their made up soldier could be "Night Ops Commando" or whatever and the blue soldier w/Dragunov would have been a perfect update of the original 1982 figure.

yea but you could just switch the weapons on your own if it is that important no? i never liked that the infantry troopers has sniper rifles. i think this way makes more sense.

immauser
10-30-2009, 10:59 AM
there was actually 6 quarters in 2009.

didnt know that? :confused::confused:

MANDO
10-30-2009, 11:01 AM
yea but you could just switch the weapons on your own if it is that important no? i never liked that the infantry troopers has sniper rifles. i think this way makes more sense.

I think what Khev is getting at is that if the Sniper were in blue he'd be the perfect 1/6 '82 Cobra Officer. You could still switch rifles if need be with the Trooper.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/nostalgiamanila/yojoe/cobraoffcr82.jpg

http://gijoewars.com/photos/CobraSoldier1982.jpg

devlinboy
10-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I think what Khev is getting at is that if the Sniper were in blue he'd be the perfect 1/6 '82 Cobra Officer. You could still switch rifles if need be with the Trooper.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/nostalgiamanila/yojoe/cobraoffcr82.jpg

http://gijoewars.com/photos/CobraSoldier1982.jpg

oh yeah...my bad i misread his post to mean trooper....not officer.

on second thought...i confused myself..but the infantry should have assault rifles..blue officers as well...and the black is great for a sniper.

thenammagazine
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM

It's like that funny buttstock placement discussion. We're looking at it from an experienced POV. We already know that each team has a designated marksman/sniper. ;)

devlinboy
10-30-2009, 11:04 AM
didnt know that? :confused::confused:

its a joke.

devilof76
10-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Awesome. Ordered the second I saw it.

I like it much better than the officer figure, which I did not order. I'm more motivated to get the regular trooper now.

kl241
10-30-2009, 12:01 PM
I'd rather spend the money and get another regular trooper than this.

sladesuperagent
10-30-2009, 12:04 PM

Took the words right outta my mouth.

EVILFACE
10-30-2009, 12:05 PM

Then do that.

Skiman
10-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Then do that.

Took the words right outta my mouth. :rotfl

MANDO
10-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Then do that.

He already spent the money on Germ Indy.:monkey1

devilof76
10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
His boots are killer. So's the Dragunov. I like that it can be broken down.

ProgMatinee
10-30-2009, 01:20 PM
thinking about it more, add me to the list wishing this figure was blue. i am/was considering getting a second trooper and would have got this one instead of 2 of the same figures. not sure I want a black one though.

Skiman
10-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I think if this figure were black I would of bought 3 of them. :rock

C0L0SSUS
10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
I really like this Cobra Sniper! However, I'm tired of Cobra after Cobra being announced. Where are Beach Head and Firefly? Although Firefly is a merc working w/ Cobra, at least he is not ANOTHER trooper. I guess I'll have to go back to bashing together my own Joes if this keeps up.

Khev
10-30-2009, 01:30 PM

Actually I meant that since SSC made a blue Cobra soldier and now a black one they should have given the blue soldier the Dragunov and called him the Sniper. Then at least he'd be a perfect update of the original Cobra Soldier (which as we know all had Dragunovs back in the day.) Then the silly black soldier could use the AK-74 and they could have called him a Blackhole Night Ops Killer Kewl Cobra L33T Trooper.

Or they could have just made them both blue and called it a day. :)

Ktjn
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
How long till we get the cobra brick layer?

But seriously, why not a accesories pack? People will buy the pack, thus buy more troops.

Khev
10-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I really like this Cobra Sniper! However, I'm tired of Cobra after Cobra being announced. Where are Beach Head and Firefly?

They're still on the way, and will probably be the headline figures for Q2 and Q3. Guys like the Sniper and CCC are just extra take-em-or-leave-em filler releases.

Skiman
10-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Man I wish this was black :drool

ProgMatinee
10-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Man I wish this was black :drool

:confused: I must be missing something. :lol

kl241
10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
got Joe? :monkey3

Deeznutz6
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
The more I think about it, this release is still BS. Yeah its cool looking, dont like dont buy it blah blah blah

This is a pure cash grab, thats all. SS needs to keep it core group of collectors with the line, not driving them away, even if it is a small amount. There is no new audience this is appealing to, (meaning if you didnt grow up with GI JOE, you arent going to start now).
I get the argument that they need the money for R&D and Im all for it, but didnt they use that $$ from the over priced wall, the CCC and the 2nd variant trooper?? I really dont think its that hard to give us one NEW figure every three months.

And Id like to point out that, yes this can be perceived as whining/complaining, but at least it opens up the forum for discussion, instead of posts full of
" bad ass"
"sweet"
"ordered 6"

Skiman
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
got Sniper?

The Craw
10-30-2009, 02:39 PM
got Sniper?finally...

Deeznutz6
10-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Got original cool Gi Joe character? no