SW 1/6th: Which is which?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puay

Super Freak
Reaction score
Took this from the latest edition of 'Ask Sideshow'. I wonder which are the two that are coming true... My guess, Tarkin and Greedo.:)

Q: Any chance we will see Grand Moff Tarkin, Leia in her Bespin gown, Lando in his Skiff guard disguise or Greedo as an upcoming Star Wars 12-inch release from Sideshow?

A: Of the four you’ve listed, two are definitely happening. One is currently in development, one is currently in design. The other two are good picks, but they’re not yet part of our line list.

I'd say, Tarkin's in development, Skiff Lando likely, with Greedo and Leia on the list.

With Tarkin, they've got two existing patterns for the uniform, so really all that's missing is a head sculpt to get him moving forward.

With Lando, they've got a headsculpt already, for the Skiff figure, I don't think anyone would take much issue with reusing the Bespin head.

Greedo and Leia would have to be done completely fresh, no reusable materials currently, so that's why my theory is what it is. I'm thinking selections based on how much of the R&D process is already underway, and with Tarkin and Lando, some component is already in existence.

I'd say, Tarkin's in development, Skiff Lando likely, with Greedo and Leia on the list.

With Tarkin, they've got two existing patterns for the uniform, so really all that's missing is a head sculpt to get him moving forward.

With Lando, they've got a headsculpt already, for the Skiff figure, I don't think anyone would take much issue with reusing the Bespin head.

Greedo and Leia would have to be done completely fresh, no reusable materials currently, so that's why my theory is what it is. I'm thinking selections based on how much of the R&D process is already underway, and with Tarkin and Lando, some component is already in existence.

I would love to see that happening. Tarkin to go with Vader and Skiff Lando to join the Jabba setup.

I say Greedo stands a chance since he seems to be the most requested figure.:)

Sounds plausible to me..
I hope one of them is Tarkin and from ANH obviously.

Back in 2006, when Sideshow had their big 'Scum and Villainy' announcement they actual showed Greedo in the promo, but here we are a disappointing three years later and I believe Bib Fortuna is the only figure ever released in that line, although I guess the Gamorrean Guard is on its way.

Neither Greedo nor the Tusken Raiders are that much more complicated than a normal human figure. They are still humanoid and just need a head, hands and clothing on a standard male base body. Sideshow just makes some very odd development choices (meaning they seem completely deaf to what fans ask for again and again).

Sideshow is really short-changing fans if it starts making design reuse the basis of its figure choices. In particular, they could have staggered the endless release of Stormtrooper variants a bit with more unique releases this past year. After the major disappointment of SDCC for 1:6 OT fans, I am still awaiting something really exciting from Sideshow.

Greedo and Leia would have to be done completely fresh, no reusable materials currently, so that's why my theory is what it is. I'm thinking selections based on how much of the R&D process is already underway, and with Tarkin and Lando, some component is already in existence.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/chauskosis-devil-dunnys-are-a-four-part-custom-series-from-the-darkness/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/chauskosis-devil-dunnys-are-a-four-part-custom-series-from-the-darkness/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

It would be awesome if it was Tarkin, which is probably being made as we speak.

i think greedo and tarkin are the wips with tarkin coming sooner and greedo coming in 2011 along with the cantina guys they hinted to in a q and a a few days ago.

I'd be guessing Tarkin is a lock... as MF said, outfit is already there; just need a head.

Leia is probably the least likely... just don't see a gown version being as hot of a commodity. I know I'd pass, but if they released her in the white Bespin outfit; or a figure that you could mix and match to get a Hoth or Bespin look I'd be all over it.

Not sure which is more likely between Lando and Greedo though... I know I'd buy both. But seems that Greedo might be a bit less work so I'm gonna go with him.

i think greedo and tarkin are the wips with tarkin coming sooner and greedo coming in 2011 along with the cantina guys they hinted to in a q and a a few days ago.

That sounds about right. I remember them hinting at that.

As far as Leia, the Hoth/Bespin look is what I'm looking forward to. The outfit is the same--a white jumpsuit with the white vest and white gloves. The vest and gloves come off after they're captured, so all they would need is the removable vest, a change of hands from gloved to bare, and 2 headsculpts with the 2 hairstyles. The Bespin gown I can do without. I doubt they would include it (although Lara Croft had a complete different outfit included). Maybe that can come later as a Con exclusive or something.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I think we'll see Tarkin before year's end (B&W Friday?) and Greedo prod pics hopefully around Christmas with a PPO in 1st Quarter. I think the prospect of us even seeing another Lando will depend on how well this one sells, which may be grim given the fat chunk of Lando diehards here flaking. Leia would also be cool, but her sales suggest she's also a long shot.

I agree with Tarkin and Greedo. Tarkin would be very easy to produce since most of the components are there. I say Greedo because in another '"Ask Sideshow Question" someone asked when would we be seeing more Aliens namely Canntina aliens and SS replied that we would be seeing more "Scum and Villany" in late 2010-2011 and possibley beyond.

I'm not so much concerned with who sculpts Tarking, but if he's not a Buck figure, I truly hope he'll be one of, if not the first, Pro figure to use a sculpted neck setup. Older men like Tarkin need sculpted necks more than younger characters because often, the details that define the face continue into the neck and cutting off the neck can ruin that. Old Ben has subtle details in his neck that set him apart, Palpatine, Sidious. A jointed neck just wouldn't look good for that.

Using the word design, to me, suggests figuring things out like how to execute a costume, sculpting seems like just business as usual.

Which is what I was thinking... so why would either Greedo or Tarkin need only be in design? Seems like they should have had those two done and ready long ago. Just cued up in the output line.

I'm not so much concerned with who sculpts Tarking, but if he's not a Buck figure, I truly hope he'll be one of, if not the first, Pro figure to use a sculpted neck setup. Older men like Tarkin need sculpted necks more than younger characters because often, the details that define the face continue into the neck and cutting off the neck can ruin that. Old Ben has subtle details in his neck that set him apart, Palpatine, Sidious. A jointed neck just wouldn't look good for that.

Well said, I am hoping for a sculpted neck too.

Back