My 12" Ray Stantz review - Ghostbusters!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Three Mattel reviews in a row? Unheard of! And there might be a fourth...a got my big old box of Matty Collector exclusives this week, and tonight I'm checking out the one I was most looking forward to - the 12" Ray Stantz. While I'm not excited with the cartoony sculpt, I love everything from the neck down.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Nice review.

I actually agree with Michael for a change. :lol

The head totally kills this figure for me. I'd rather pay $150 for a Hot Toys Ghostbusters figure than $60 for a Mattel one that I have to customize to make it screen accurate.

The accessories are just about perfect.

agree with your review, michael. the headsculpt really sucks.
what's with the elongated forehead?? looks more like aykroyd as a conehead! :sick

but the proton pack is very nice indeed. it's the figure's saving grace, imo. how come u didn't mention or show the light-up features on the pack?

What's your views on switching over to TT body and a dececnt head sculpt? Does the outfit and proton pack hold up to high end standards??? Nice review btw

I agree with Michael's feelings on the head and proton pack, but I don't necessarily agree with this point:

"The jumpsuit looks amazing, with excellent stitching and high quality materials."

I think it feels really cheap. Plus, he seemed to like the elbow pads, which I HATE. I guess Michael has a less difficult time than I do evaluating a product based on the price point. A great review, though, and surely will be a help to people on the fence about buying.

You know, you'd think they might mention the light up feature on the package some place. I didn't realize the pack lit - found the button now though! I've updated the review, thanks.

And yes, I like the elbow pads :p

You know, you'd think they might mention the light up feature on the package some place. I didn't realize the pack lit - found the button now though! I've updated the review, thanks.

And yes, I like the elbow pads :p

didnt yours come with seperate instructions explaining the light up feature and battery replacement?

The neck joint is really more a pin joint. With the pin running from chest to back. The head movement is shoulder to shoulder. If you pop off the head you'll see what I mean. I guess it might want to be a ball joint. The head being hollow is a downer. If you want to remove the head I suggest you heat it up because it might tear.
Mike I know you're color blind, but the shirt might be dark brown. I say that 'cause mine is and I haven't heard anyone mention their's is. Perhaps I'm color blind?:horror

The neck joint is really more a pin joint. With the pin running from chest to back. The head movement is shoulder to shoulder. If you pop off the head you'll see what I mean. I guess it might want to be a ball joint. The head being hollow is a downer. If you want to remove the head I suggest you heat it up because it might tear.
Mike I know you're color blind, but the shirt might be dark brown. I say that 'cause mine is and I haven't heard anyone mention their's is. Perhaps I'm color blind?:horror

Could be - my wife and I just bought leather seats for the new home theater (I'm going to get that bastard finished by Thanksgiving if it kills me...or at least usable) and it was deeply amusing to her to see me trying to tell black leather from brown leather when they weren't next to each other.

Nope. No instructions.

It is interesting. The instruction sheet for mine was outside of Ray's box. As I recall it was tucked loose inside the shipping box and not even inside the white Mattel box. They must have forgotten to include it inside the figure's box and tucked it in before shipping.

Last edited:
I love this pose, but the gun (particle thrower) is upside down! :)
THe yellow leg is loose at the end? in the movies it had a clip to put on the back of the belt.

By spv11

Back