OT Animated Series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud

Super Freak
Reaction score
Who here would watch a show similar to the Clone Wars only based on the OT characters after the end of Return of the Jedi? Why has George Lucas completely abandoned everything OT in favor of prequel BS? I'd love to watch a show about the New Jedi Order, Han and Leia's adventures together, and Luke and Mara Jade. I could even see Hamill and Fisher doing their own voices!

Come on, how awesome would that be?

Who here would watch a show similar to the Clone Wars only based on the OT characters after the end of Return of the Jedi? Why has George Lucas completely abandoned everything OT in favor of prequel BS? I'd love to watch a show about the New Jedi Order, Han and Leia's adventures together, and Luke and Mara Jade. I could even see Hamill and Fisher doing their own voices!

It would be lamer than a crippled race horse. The OT has suffered enough. :lol

That would be absolutely ridiculous... why would you wanna ruin the OT with an animated cartoon series targeted at 7 year olds?

Just wait for the live action tv series about the time between ROTS and ANH.

Who said it was going to be for 7 year olds? I haven't watched the current Clone Wars show but as I understand it, it is not targeted for young children.

Obviously a show expanding on the OT wherein Luke turns to the Dark Side and Anakin Solo is responsible for Chewbacca's death and all the things that come with that would not be targeted for seven year olds.

Who said it was going to be for 7 year olds? I haven't watched the current Clone Wars show but as I understand it, it is not targeted for young children.

Obviously a show expanding on the OT wherein Luke turns to the Dark Side and Anakin Solo is responsible for Chewbacca's death and all the things that come with that would not be targeted for seven year olds.

Lucas said when talking about CW that it was "kind of hard-edged but not really, sort of on the verge of PG-13, flips over once in a while, but sort of the high end of PG." So it's not like 7 year olds wouldn't be allowed to watch.

It's definitely targeted at younger audiences. If it was not targeted for younger children, then Ahsoka wouldn't be in there. She's supposed to be the character children can "relate" to or something. Watch the show before you make assumptions about it.

Wow, sorry. I didn't realize you were such a fan of it to defend it like that.

All I'm saying is that I'm sick of prequel bull^^^^ and I'd like to see some OT stuff on the small screen.

Wow, sorry. I didn't realize you were such a fan of it to defend it like that.

All I'm saying is that I'm sick of prequel bull^^^^ and I'd like to see some OT stuff on the small screen.

First off, I would like to clarify that I am not a fan of the show (I am not a 7 year old, so I don't like it), and I was not defending it. I was simply giving the straight facts. I wish they would target it at older audiences, then it might be decent, but no. IMO, it's killing star wars. I mean, the 7-10 year olds who watch it now are eventually gonna grow up and stop liking the show because it's pretty childish. Many 7-10 year olds are seeing their first glimpses of the star wars universe through the CW series, so this is what star wars is to them. So with this series, the fans will eventually outgrow it and not even try to move on to the better things like the PT, or even better, the OT. Lucas just let people put a big expiration date on the next generation of Star Wars fans.

Second, the prequel trilogy is not bull^^^^ (except for TPM :lol), and I rather enjoy it better than the CW series.

Third, more OT stuff would be very nice... :D

First off, I would like to clarify that I am not a fan of the show (I am not a 7 year old, so I don't like it), and I was not defending it. I was simply giving the straight facts. I wish they would target it at older audiences, then it might be decent, but no. IMO, it's killing star wars. I mean, the 7-10 year olds who watch it now are eventually gonna grow up and stop liking the show because it's pretty childish. Many 7-10 year olds are seeing their first glimpses of the star wars universe through the CW series, so this is what star wars is to them. So with this series, the fans will eventually outgrow it and not even try to move on to the better things like the PT, or even better, the OT. Lucas just let people put a big expiration date on the next generation of Star Wars fans.

Second, the prequel trilogy is not bull^^^^ (except for TPM :lol), and I rather enjoy it better than the CW series.

Third, more OT stuff would be very nice... :D

It's funny you seem to think this because the billions of dollars that Lucas rakes in annually speaks to the contrary. Realistically, in the unbiased real world, when these kids get older, they'll likely explore other aspects of the SW universe, like the comics, games and films while enjoying the weekly live-action Tv series.

Id watch it..

But I think they should have an animated series created more like the trailer for the game Star Wars The Old Republic, looks like for a more mature audience, darker themes.

Far from "killing Star Wars" I think the Clone Wars cartoon is the main thing that's keeping Star Wars relevant to younger kids. I was at Toys R Us the other day and watched a young boy picking out Star Wars toys with his mom, just like I did when I was a kid. Do you think this same kid would be doing that if all that existed were the Star Wars movies? To kids this age, both the prequels and original trilogy are pretty much ancient history. Without the Clone Wars movie and TV show, most kids would have moved on long ago. What they will do in the future is anybody's guess. I'd like to think that they will explore other parts of the Star Wars universe.

As for the idea of an OT animated series, while I agree with the sentiment, I'm not sure it would really work. I think they'd have to get different actors, at minimum. Have you heard Carrie Fisher talk these days?

I would watch it. And I would hope for new characters for Sideshow to use as figure fodder.

More Star Wars = happiness

Back