Privilege Membership - Marvel Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
I love Sideshows Marvel line so much (except movie Maquette’s :rolleyes: ) that I would be willing to pay them based on 2-3 versus line and 2-3 ¼ scale $2000 up front at the beginning of the year as long as they guarantee me the exclusive of each line and any other special exclusives from the Marvel line if I like them. Would you?

Bullseye said:
I love Sideshows Marvel line so much (except Marquette’s :rolleyes: ) that I would be willing to pay them based on 2-3 versus line and 2-3 ¼ scale $2000 up front at the beginning of the year as long as they guarantee me the exclusive of each line and any other special exclusives from the Marvel line if I like them. Would you?

THE PROBLEM IS THAT NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD DO THAT,BUYING WITHOUT SEEING THE PRODUCT.. MYSELF INCLUDED....

I'd buy most of what Andy, Ray, Pablo or Martin produce without having seen it first. Plus not everyone has to join.

The only thing I have seen from Sideshow that I wouldn't be interested in was the Beast maquette, and that was not an original sculpt, but a reproduction of the movie design maquette, naked for the purposes of the design team's anatomy studies. If money wasn't an issue, I would easily commit to buy up front--I am that confident in Sideshow's products. The problem would be in having enough cash, not having enough confidence.

Sideshow will you please make the edition size 51 and give Bullseye one before he has a nervous breakdown.

Actually, I think Bulls has a valid idea. This isn't even really new to Sideshow either. When the Sideshow/Weta line was still new, they had packages available where you could be all the statues in a particular series as a lump sum. While I don't believe these were a preorder type thing, it is still a very similar idea. Of course since that same system wasn't repeated throughout the entire line I would imagine it must not have had many takers.

Although it would be a logistical nightmare, something like the SF Exclusive system would be nice too. Where if you buy in on the ground floor, you're guaranteed a shot at each exclusive down the line and with matching numbers as a bonus. Again, probably nothing we could ever see offered from Sideshow due to the significantly larger client base, but still an idea.

Why not. The people that want to get a (similar) figure could still buy the regular edition. But, what to do if there is more than 50 people signing up for this "Privilege Membership"? Will this be the end of the "ES 50 line"???????? This might be a profitable solution for SSC, but I fear it is not a suitable solution for collectors.

We've discussed "subscription" services just like this for SW and LotR. Although they'd have to commit to a certain number in a certain time frame for it to really work. I think it's more viable with the 1/6 lines than with the dioramas or 1/4s though.

Darklord Dave said:
We've discussed "subscription" services just like this for SW and LotR. Although they'd have to commit to a certain number in a certain time frame for it to really work. I think it's more viable with the 1/6 lines than with the dioramas or 1/4s though.

I agree. They would do this first (if at all) with SW or LOTR before Marvel.

A cancellation fee would also have to be implemented to avoid people who are not serious.

Kookie said:
Sideshow will you please make the edition size 51 and give Bullseye one before he has a nervous breakdown.

Best laugh I've had all day.

You know I love ya Bullseye.:D

Kookie said:

No keep it at 50. I'll pick one up if i want to.:D But if we are going to talk exclusive why not take it to the next level. I have my cheque book ready.:rolleyes:

It's a nice idea but what if life butts its ugly head in when you least expect it, or what if you can't afford to get started on this idea but an item comes up later that you want an exclusive of.

The thing that cracks me up the most about this idea and it comes up everytime someone misses an exclusive or they feel cheated. Someone comes up with the idea of making an exclusive "club" that in the end screws someone else. I hope I'm not the only one that finds it funny that someone who feels screwed thinks the best idea in the end is to possibly screw someone else.

jlcmsu said:
It's a nice idea but what if life butts its ugly head in when you least expect it, or what if you can't afford to get started on this idea but an item comes up later that you want an exclusive of.

The thing that cracks me up the most about this idea and it comes up everytime someone misses an exclusive or they feel cheated. Someone comes up with the idea of making an exclusive "club" that in the end screws someone else. I hope I'm not the only one that finds it funny that someone who feels screwed thinks the best idea in the end is to possibly screw someone else.

I am past the Grey Hulk jl. Its just an idea i put out there since i was mainly collecting the exclusives. Why not have an exclusives club. You don't have to join and no where did i say the rest of the people who weren't members would be precluded from buying exclusives.

Bullseye said:
I am past the Grey Hulk jl. Its just an idea i put out there since i was mainly collecting the exclusives. Why not have an exclusives club. You don't have to join and no where did i say the rest of the people who weren't members would be precluded from buying exclusives.

I didn't say you hadn't gotten over the hulk. I'm just saying that initially you where the maddest over it and now have this idea for a "club". I know you said nothing that you had to join but the point of these "clubs" usually is to get something that you can only get from being a member of these "clubs". They are called member exclusives for a reason. So if you don't join you you get left out on what's already come up or if you don't join by a certain you miss out entirely. So while these are always nice ideas I just find it funny that it usually gets brought up by someone or a group of someones who has felt like they where wronged.

jlcmsu said:
I didn't say you hadn't gotten over the hulk. I'm just saying that initially you where the maddest over it and now have this idea for a "club". I know you said nothing that you had to join but the point of these "clubs" usually is to get something that you can only get from being a member of these "clubs". They are called member exclusives for a reason. So if you don't join you you get left out on what's already come up or if you don't join by a certain you miss out entirely. So while these are always nice ideas I just find it funny that it usually gets brought up by someone or a group of someones who has felt like they where wronged.

I admit i was mad for a while and it wasn't helped by some people pouring petrol on an already hot flame. I've nothing against you jl but i think your defending SS when all i want is an answer from them. Chicky has came on and been kind enough to say that PST is the time they will be operating from. I may need to get one of my US brothers to order for me in the future.

SolidLiquidFox said:
How would a club like this affect the edition sizes?

Say 50% for members and 50% for non-members. I don't think the size of the edition has to be low like the GHE. Say 200 max size run. Therefore 100 members at $2000. Thats $200,000 up front for SS.:D

The trick is getting 100 people willing to seriously commit like that for Marvel product. May be for LOTR or SW since it has a stronger fan base.

I wonder how their rewards program will work and if it'll take something like this into consideration. A way to do it is if a person orders a certain dollar amount of product per year then they are automatically enrolled to order a certain amount of exclusives. The only problem with that is that it would cut dealers out of the loop for the regular editions. Also, everyone will pick the most popular exclusives hence not really working very well.

I think the rewards program will just give you coupons depending on how much you buy. Reserving exclusives does not seem feasible to me.

SolidLiquidFox said:
The trick is getting 100 people willing to seriously commit like that for Marvel product. May be for LOTR or SW since it has a stronger fan base.

I wonder how their rewards program will work and if it'll take something like this into consideration. A way to do it is if a person orders a certain dollar amount of product per year then they are automatically enrolled to order a certain amount of exclusives. The only problem with that is that it would cut dealers out of the loop for the regular editions. Also, everyone will pick the most popular exclusives hence not really working very well.

I think the rewards program will just give you coupons depending on how much you buy. Reserving exclusives does not seem feasible to me.

You could be right. Just an idea.

Bullseye said:
I admit i was mad for a while and it wasn't helped by some people pouring petrol on an already hot flame. I've nothing against you jl but i think your defending SS when all i want is an answer from them. Chicky has came on and been kind enough to say that PST is the time they will be operating from. I may need to get one of my US brothers to order for me in the future.

I've got nothing against you Bull. It was just that I get tired of reading people say SS is screwing me or something like that. It just gets really old and tends to push a button or two. If you need help from someone I or someone from the US would be willing to help.:D

Back