Anyone have the "Baja" style futon from Walmart? Link inside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting futon...but I'll be honest with you. I have a Walmart futon and it's a piece of crap. You are better off going to a decent furniture store and finding something of better quality. These futons are not meant to last.

NEVER EVER by furniture at Wal-Mart. In fact I never shop at Wal-Mart because their products are crap. Okay this brand of tuna I like to get is at Wal-Mart because it's dirt cheap. But everything else, I get elsewhere.

You're getting a bed. I would do it right. You spend a quarter to a third of the day on a bed. Make certain you get something good.

NEVER EVER by furniture at Wal-Mart. In fact I never shop at Wal-Mart because their products are crap. Okay this brand of tuna I like to get is at Wal-Mart because it's dirt cheap. But everything else, I get elsewhere.

You're getting a bed. I would do it right. You spend a quarter to a third of the day on a bed. Make certain you get something good.
Sounds like pretty good advice. Not trying to beat a dead horse here but do you think that it may be better quality coming from their online store as this product is not available in the store.

Sounds like pretty good advice. Not trying to beat a dead horse here but do you think that it may be better quality coming from their online store as this product is not available in the store.

Thats exactly where I got my futon. I saw it on Walmarts site but not in the store itself. So I ordered my futon through the website and got a site-to-store delivery (so shipping was free). The futon was fine for 4 months but the underbars supporting the mattress underneath kept snapping because of the cheap build. I had to put a piece of plywood underneath the mattress to help support the underbars. Even the metal sidebar holding the underbars bent over time to the point where the futon just isn;t the same. This wasn't suppose to be a cheap futon mind you. I thought I was getting something decent for the $350 price tag from Walmart.com. I was wrong and I won't make the mistake again.

The basic rule of thumb with furniture is the check the overall quality. My advice is to spend the extra money and get something nice & durable. It will last and you won't have to keep purchasing furniture every few years. Buying from places like Walmart (or in another instance Furniture Warehouse in my case) will show you quickly that the furniture won't last and break down over time because it's materials are made on the cheap.

Thats exactly where I got my futon. I saw it on Walmarts site but not in the store itself. So I ordered my futon through the website and got a site-to-store delivery (so shipping was free). The futon was fine for 4 months but the underbars supporting the mattress underneath kept snapping because of the cheap build. I had to put a piece of plywood underneath the mattress to help support the underbars. Even the metal sidebar holding the underbars bent over time to the point where the futon just isn;t the same. This wasn't suppose to be a cheap futon mind you. I thought I was getting something decent for the $350 price tag from Walmart.com. I was wrong and I won't make the mistake again.

The basic rule of thumb with furniture is the check the overall quality. My advice is to spend the extra money and get something nice & durable. It will last and you won't have to keep purchasing furniture every few years. Buying from places like Walmart (or in another instance Furniture Warehouse in my case) will show you quickly that the furniture won't last and break down over time because it's materials are made on the cheap.

DING DING DING.....you get what you pay for. There's a reason furniture is so cheap at Wal Mart and Furniture Discounters/Liquidators...cuz it IS cheap.

is this for sleeping or sitting? get a real bed if its for yourself to sleep on regularly. if its for people to crash, who cares, but don't skimp on a matress, this is your freaking back we're talking about.

Back