What do you really think about the Grey Hulk experiment?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about the secret Grey Hulk ultra-exclusive?

• I got one and the method it was offered was fine

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • I got one, but I think a lottery would be more fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got one, but it should have been in the newsletter

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I DIDN'T get one but the method it was offered was fine

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I DIDN'T get one, a lottery would be more fair

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I DIDNT' get one, it should have been in the newsletter

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • They should NEVER have something so limited

Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought a poll was in order for this, so please answer truthfully so we can give SSC a good consensus of the overall feel for this stunt.

I WOULDNT CHANGE ANYTHING.IT MIGHT HURT SOME BUT THIS WAS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT.....EVEN IF I HADNT GET ONE,I'D BE MAD ABOUT ME, NOT ABOUT SIDESHOW.BUT THATS JUST ME..I UNDERSTAND ALSO THE DIFFERENT REACTIONS FROM PEOPLE MISSING THIS PIECE.

By clicking on the exclusive green page and then seeing a link saying "wouldn't it be nice in gray" this took you to the Gray page.

Viking28 said:
By clicking on the exclusive green page and then seeing a link saying "wouldn't it be nice in gray" this took you to the Gray page.
I see. Thanks for the reply. I would be against it if they did that for any line that I'm buying, so I have to vote NEVER.

I got one because of the podcast clue and the consistency between the release times of the last two newsletters. Priority preorders are announced at the time of the initial preview. Since it was not announced as a priority preorder, I expected to be able to order at the time of the newsletter release. I wouldn't have a problem if Sideshow did this again. I hope I would be able to follow it as closely as I did this time and get one, but if not... I would kick myself, not Sideshow.

Last edited:
I got one and the method it was offered was fine - 11
I got one, but I think a lottery would be more fair - 0
I got one, but it should have been in the newsletter - 0

Of course the people that got one would think the way it was offered was fine.
:duh :rolleyes: :cuss :tap ...................... :wacky :peace :grouphug

If I had gotten one, I could say the exact same thing. I'd like to think that
I still would have voted as I did, but my perspective then would be totally
different being one of the lucky few, instead of the far-less-lucky many.

I voted for "I DIDNT' get one, it should have been in the newsletter" as I
honestly and truly believe that. I get the newsletters, and I check the
newsletters. I've NEVER listened to a podcast, but I guess now I'll have
to start, or risk missing out on something rare and wanted yet again.

The only reason I even knew anything about the Hulk being up for preorder
at all, was because of Azog's post on the board(s). I received my newsletter
after the items had already been up for preorder, and the Grey sold out.
Guess I'll be logging in from now on, and checking my newsletter account,
instead of waiting to receive it in my e-mail, which can be slow indeed.

JS :peace :grouphug :duff

Last edited:
The only reason I even knew anything about the Hulk being up for preorder
at all, was because of Azog's post on the board(s). The newsletter didn't
clue me in at all.

J, you mean that you saw Azog's post first before seeing the newsletter about the Hulk being up for preorder?

Yep - thats what I mean. I either missed it in the newsletter, or I didn't
receive the newsletter until after the item was already up for preorder.

JS

Hmmmmmm......reason why I ask is because I think a lot of people are still waiting for the newsletter instead of logging into their accounts and checking from there.

Viking28 said:
Hmmmmmm......reason why I ask is because I think a lot of people are still waiting for the newsletter instead of logging into their accounts and checking from there.

Yes, old habits die very hard, and I'm still one of the "waiters of the e-mail"
Not again though. I've never even pinned down the regular date that the
e-mail newsletter came out, as I never received it on a regular basis.

Please let me know what day and time the newsletter regularly is posted
and henceforth from this day forward I'll be checking my newsletter account
on-line instead of waiting to receive it via e-mail, lest I be royally $crewed
yet again on an item that I very much want and would more likely have gotten.

JS :peace :bow

I got one.

It should have been available in the newsletter as a link with a TBA edition size just like it's green exclusive counterpart. The 50 would sell out quick on their own merit and not because you influenced "investors" on buying a low edition piece. The podcast says collectors would have to make a choice. Telling me to pick a 50 edition and a TBA edition is not a choice....IT'S COMMON FREAKING SENSE even if I don't know anything about Hulk. Reveal the edition size on the following week's newsletter.

The result of your "experiment" would have been more positive if done that way. You show more control of the situation and don't make it seem like you are just throwing Xbox360's on a crowd the day after Thanksgiving. Whoever makes it to register in one piece "wins".

I hope we do get more surprise exclusives EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. They should be rare and done sporadically to spice things up. They should also make sense like in the case of the Gray Hulk. Most fans know that the statue looks like it was based on a McFarlane design so it works. Don't give me a variant that you can't explain just for the heck of it. If you are going to do another "50" stunt do it on a piece that calls for it.

P.S.: let's set a day and time for the newsletter to go up. We can set Priority Preorder event on the clock. Keep an I.T. guy up late on Thursdays to send out the thing at a specific time. Releasing the rewards program info soon would be cool as well.

Viking28 said:
J, you mean that you saw Azog's post first before seeing the newsletter about the Hulk being up for preorder?

That's what happened to me. If I had to go to the newsletter and play scavenger hunt I never would have made it. When I clicked on his link there were less than 15 left.

Hence proving that looking for deals and coupons in Halloween is fun to do in the Sideshow site during Spooktacular. Putting the fate of having a good piece in your collection based on vague podcast hints is not.

Back