Has the bubble on Marvel PF's & Comiquettes popped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
Similarly titled thread, I know, sorry.

3 auctions I was watching out of curiosity just ended at way below what I expected.

SS Green Goblin PF = $255
SS Iron Man comiquette = $560
SS Wolverine comiquette =$355

do these prices seem low to anyone else? Great time to buy IMO.

The IM Comiquette REALLY surprised me....actually ALL of them really surprised me. :lol

A great time to buy indeed. Now, if I can find another Stealth comiquette at reduced price that follows this trend, I'll be happy!!!

IM was first one of course. The better one IMO. I don't like classic style at all. Funny thing is I picked up a second for about that amount when I thought I was selling one overseas, which didn't happen. So now I have two. :lol or :monkey2

3 auctions I was watching out of curiosity just ended at way below what I expected.

I am glad you brought this up, because I wonder as well. Maybe because of Disney?

Green Hulk is also on the drop. I tried to do a trade for one. But I am not to sure if I should wait it out?

Must be the first one.

IM was first one of course. The better one IMO. I don't like classic style at all. Funny thing is I picked up a second for about that amount when I thought I was selling one overseas, which didn't happen. So now I have two. :lol or :monkey2

Yeah I had a bad feeling about that, but I was really hoping it was the second. :lol I kinda liked having a statue worth so much, it was my justification to others for collecting. Oh well, they don't need to know about the price drop.

Nothing seems to be selling, even on the board for sale section, great deals to be had but no one biting...

I think several things are at play with Sideshow's Marvel items:
  1. A full year of (imo) poor character choices and sculpts
  2. Expensive, higher end collectible in a down economy
  3. Wolverine & Hulk = announcement of new Wolverine & Hulk products in the works
  4. The massive amount of fake IM comiquettes
  5. Bowen really stepping up their quality and character announcements
  6. Less people willing to have debt sit on a credit card with Christmas around the corner

I really think Sideshow choosing to release what characters they want to release, instead of what the majority of fans have been requesting, really turned alot of people away. If you look at Capt. America and Doom, their prices are still remaining strong.

I was watching two Han Solo PFs (identical) and one ended at $84 Thursday night and the other one ended last night at $154...so it might have been when the items ended as well. End of the month vs. Beginning of the month

Last edited:
  3. Wolverine & Hulk = announcement of new Wolverine & Hulk products in the works
  4. The massive amount of fake IM comiquettes
  5. Bowen really stepping up their quality and character announcements

I really think Sideshow choosing to release what characters they want to release, instead of what the majority of fans have been requesting, really turned alot of people away.

And do you know what would have prevented this from happening in the first place?

Daredevil and Cyclops PFs. :lecture

3. Less people willing to have debt sit on a credit card
  4. Wolverine & Hulk = announcement of new Wolverine & Hulk products in the works
  5. The massive amount of fake IM comiquettes
  6. Bowen really stepping up their quality and character announcements

I really think Sideshow choosing to release what characters they want to release, instead of what the majority of fans have been requesting, really turned alot of people away. If you look at Capt. America and Doom, their prices are still remaining strong.

I was watching two Han Solo PFs (identical) and one ended at $84 Thursday night and the other one ended last night at $154...so it might have been when the items ended as well. End of the month vs. Beginning of the month

I would think the first one would drive up costs since there are less new items people want it would make the older ones more desireable and give people more money to use toward it.

And do you know what would have prevented this from happening in the first place?
Daredevil and Cyclops PFs.

In all honesty, I think there is alot of truth in that statement.

I would think the first one would drive up costs since there are less new items people want it would make the older ones more desireable and give people more money to use toward it.
Not if people decided to collect something else instead; I have seen several posts over the last year in regards to people switching to Bowen and several other "regular" board members have stopped collecting Marvel altogether. In collectibles, interest is mucho important and by releasing a years worth of not-as-popular characters, interest simply went somewhere else. With Bowen and Hot Toys putting out great product, the competition is there.

For awhile, I even bought several Bowen statues planning on switching to Bowen. However, I am now slowly selling them off to save up for a Doom PF.

I don't think there is one particular reason that Sideshow prices are dropping as much as it is a combination.

Last edited:
That makes sense, now I see why you say that could be a contributing factor.

Poseur fans buying Marvel for the value are caca.In the end, I am a happy Marvel collector.Whatever the price or value of my Marvel collectibles.

the IM and Wolverine don't surprise me with all the fakes of the IM were bound to start bringing down it's value, while the wolverine has a PF coming and the movie hype has disappeared also.

the GG does surprise me though since it had enjoyed a nice rise for sometime, maybe it's just a bump in a normally $400+ statue.

I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think these things will be sought after or hold their value indefinitely.

Look what happened to sports cards and comics. Everything will eventually fall.

Some things rise, some fall. Some because of economy, some because of not so good sculpts, some because of the competition.

There will be some pieces that will remain grails, they withstand the test of time. Not all SS pieces can be this, in fact only few.

Let's face it, economy is not so hot right now, good time to pick up a few deals.

Like Shai said, he collects Marvel, regardless of the price. Avid collector, even though he likes his "ca ca" statements:rotfl

The GG and the IM auctions ended with reserve not met, assuming I am seeing the
same auctions you meant Mesa, so it is not clear to me what they mean for the
current prices. Also the seller has a very low rating.

Not sure which Wolverine auction you meant - there is a Logan PF auction which
ended today at $355, which seems high for this one.

Back