Action Figure Prog's Joe kitbashes- Breaker post 41, Law (WIP) on 55

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
Thanks to Mando for inspiration and a lead on the vest. The hat and pants came from a old Classic Collection GI Joe set. I hope to replace the pants and shoes with better quality stuff. The shirt and vest I dyed. I don't know if I will try to roll the sleeves yet. The body is just a Art S Buck, so I don't really care to show the arms. I'm not sure if I like the head either. I want something that looks closer to Tom Selleck someday. Basically the figure's done, but not done. :)

He is not one of the coolest Joes but this was one of my first kit bashes so I kept it simple and I knew I had a bunch of part the parts already.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Re: Quick shot of my Cutter custom

I think it look great Prog. I particularly like how deep the orange is on the lifevest as it's much closer to the original. And you've got the Red Sox "B" which in my book IS Cutter.

Looks good. I guess you are gonna have to do an in-scale WHALE next, right? Be sure to post pics when that is finished :D

An full 1/6 scale Whale would be an absolute dream piece for me. It's definitely my favorite large size Joe vehicle. :drool

IMAG000.JPG

I was disappointed with how my Cutter was not in scale with the other Joes, so I put him on a prometheus body. Now I'm back to square one looking for a headsculpt that will fit on the pro. If someone knows of a HT/Pro style head with a mustache (except for Lando :lol), please let me know.

In that respect, being a "frugal" collector, I decided I can't afford to upgrade every figure to a HT body, so what I am doing is upgrading my Indy with a True Type and then using prometheus bodies to do my custom Joes. Was this an unwise decision? I am finding out that a lot of the clothing made for military figures are too big for the prometheus. especially pants. I don't want half my Joes to be one size and the rest to be another. But as I said I can't afford to buy a whole bunch of truetypes...

I was disappointed with how my Cutter was not in scale with the other Joes, so I put him on a prometheus body. Now I'm back to square one looking for a headsculpt that will fit on the pro. If someone knows of a HT/Pro style head with a mustache (except for Lando :lol), please let me know.

In that respect, being a "frugal" collector, I decided I can't afford to upgrade every figure to a HT body, so what I am doing is upgrading my Indy with a True Type and then using prometheus bodies to do my custom Joes. Was this an unwise decision? I am finding out that a lot of the clothing made for military figures are too big for the prometheus. especially pants. I don't want half my Joes to be one size and the rest to be another. But as I said I can't afford to buy a whole bunch of truetypes...

Hey bud, if you can find a HT small neck adapter, you can glue that head onto it and pop it right onto the Pro. It'll save you a bit of cash. ;)

Hey bud, if you can find a HT small neck adapter, you can glue that head onto it and pop it right onto the Pro. It'll save you a bit of cash. ;)

cool. very cool. I was never sure if the neck adapter worked on pros. So when SSC said the buck heads weren't compatable with the new bodies they weren't entirely right.

I decided to invest in 3 or 4 HT bodies, atleast 1 of each the regular, the narrow and the slim. So I should have extra adapters, I will give it a try!

Is the narrow shoulder the only way to go for Indy or will the reg work?

Thanks.

cool. very cool. I was never sure if the neck adapter worked on pros. So when SSC said the buck heads weren't compatable with the new bodies they weren't entirely right.

I decided to invest in 3 or 4 HT bodies, atleast 1 of each the regular, the narrow and the slim. So I should have extra adapters, I will give it a try!

Is the narrow shoulder the only way to go for Indy or will the reg work?

Thanks.

Yeah, they just need a bit of customizing. My Bespin Luke is on a Pro via a short adapter. Just make sure to heat the cup up a bit with a blowdryer if you can't get it on without invoking herculean strength. Don't want to snap that stem. As for the TT, Narrow is best. The regular TT works, but it's Carrot Top shoulders stretch the shirt too much. I was afraid the stitching on the snaps would rip out and wound up reinforcing them with more stitching. Don't have that issue with the Narrow.

here is a quick shot of my latest kit bash, Grunt!

Kevlar helmet, sweater, harness, pants, belt and M4. Easy as pie and pretty plain, but it builds my army a bit. I am debating whether to add stuff like pouches, a pistol and holster, grenades, etc.

I am also thinking of doing another exactly the same and give him a bazooka and there would be a Zap.

Great stuff, Prog! Love that classic cardart pose as well.
icon14.gif

A knife and pouch would look cool, really hope you go with Zap.

thanks Mando! yeah a knife would be a good addition. Ill see what I can find.

Looks good. Yea, I would make little pouches on the arms like the figure.

Back