cking Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I think most of you have already seen the pics of my collection which have been posted on a couple of other forums. It's been through a lot of changes over the years but this is where I'm at with it now:

3800139-lg.jpg

If you can't see the pic here, please click on the link to my Photo.net album:
https://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3800139&size=lg

Thanks for looking!

Chris.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating - not only an impressive collection but beautifully displayed. I especially like what you've done with the X-wing.

Everything looks great, except it looks to me like Vader's helmet is the wrong size.

KIDDING!!

That looks like a perfect collection. A great mix of stuff presented in an awesome way. You should charge admission when people come to see it! I wish I had a spare room so I could display my stuff at home--it's all in my office, competing with my books for space.

That is an amazing display. Its one thing to collect but its entirely different when you try to put everything together.

How much to come to my house and design my collectible room?

Wow, just wow. That seriously looks like an interior designer had a hand in it. It is absolutely magnificent. One of my favorite collections.

Your Vader helm is incredible. I wish the SS one looked more like that (*ducks for cover*).

BTW, where did you get that AT-AT backdrop? I'd like to do something similar for mine.

Thanks guys!

I'm honestly humbled by such nice comments. I wish that more people could come and enjoy my collection room but all of my fellow prop collecting friends are in countries other than the UK!

For the AT-AT backdrop, I scanned a photo of the Hoth matte painting which appeared in one of the Star Wars reference books (can't remember which book) and then scaled it up to the appropriate size in Photoshop. When I was happy with the size and quality of the image, I took it to a professional printing company and they printed it onto foam board then applied a matt heat seal laminate over the top to protect the image. I used the same technique and printing company to do the backdrops behind my Vader and X-Wing displays.

Thanks again!

Chris

Last edited:
Truly inspiring Chris! Yours has always been one of my favorite SW collections. I hope one day to be able to see it in person. :)

Luis

Mini-Rock said:
Truly inspiring Chris! Yours has always been one of my favorite SW collections. I hope one day to be able to see it in person. :)

Luis

Not that yours is too shabby!:google If I do say so my self you, cking and Gruson have some of the best displays.

BDboystoys said:
Not that yours is too shabby!:google If I do say so my self you, cking and Gruson have some of the best displays.

Thanks BD. Gruson and cking's collections are both amazing, and I'm honored to have my name listed with theirs. :D

Yes, I LOVE Chris' collection as well.

He gets my vote for the best layout/display there is!

Awesome work bro!

;)

WOW! I wish I had the indiana jones stuff, excellent display. Something I can look up to now. Thanks for the pix.

I'm not a fan of Star Wars, Superman or Indiana Jones

But this is one hell of a collection.
Very, very nice items and what a display !

I especially like the weapons on the wall below the posters.

Back