Who's First After Angel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
While we're waiting for official word, let's speculate on who — or what — will be announced. We already have a thread devoted to picks for secondary and incidental characters, so let's narrow the focus here to main cast members only.

Assuming Angel in one guise or another is a given (Pylean Demon Angel, please and thank-you), what one main character would you consider to be the most likely frontrunner for early release after ol' broody brows? For extra credit, explain why you consider your pick to be worthy.

I predict Lorne, as the Host kills three-and-a-half birds with one stone: He's a major recurring character cum cast member, a beloved fan-favorite, and — big bonus points — a demon!

Whom do you pick?

lrn.jpg

Gotta go with Cordy. She should have been released as part of the Buffy line a long time ago, so they should get her done as soon as possible.

I just have a feeling it will be Lorne. Sideshow rock at demons, Lorn'es a main character and fave, so pretty much like FF said, I think Lorne. I want cordy soon too!

Now that Sideshow have the rights to both Angel and Buffy, I have been dying for four figures from a crossover episode. The "Fool for Love" Buffy and the "Title I Can't Remember" Angel were originally aired back to back. They shared a scene set during the Boxer Rebellion in China. Spike, Dru, Angel(with Soul!) and Darla are all in 19th century garb, and these would look awesome as a set!

Since these won't happen for quite some time:wacky , I'd run with Wesley! He is a big part of both shows, but had a chance to grow into his own during seasons three thru five of Angel. As long as they skip tweedy-nerdy Wesley and make a later version of him, I'll be happy!

That episode was called 'Darla' Both superb.

Wesly is one of the best character's no doubt. He was so hilarious on buffy.

My guess would be Lorne as well which is great. He's one of my favorite Buffy/Angel characters of all time.

I keep drooling all over Ironman's custom Lorne everytime he posts a picture of it. :drool HINT HINT!! :D

i'd bet on cordy -- she was a huge, integral part of the show, should have been part of the btvs line, we've been clamoring for her, uuuummmmm.... and just because i really want a cordy figure? please?

Since Angel, Cordy and Wes were the three main characters of the show, I predict they'll be the first three in that order.

<hr style="color: rgb(51, 102, 51);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->
Since Angel, Cordy and Wes were the three main characters of the show, I predict they'll be the first three in that order.

Main characters coming first? What company are we talking about? That's right, the one that 3 years into the Buffy revival hasn't released Giles...

We'll see Sabassis before we see Cordy or Wes...

Sideshow was smart enough to start the Buffy line with Buffy, Angel and Spike, I'm sure they're smart enough to start the Angel line with Angel, Cordy and Wes. Although if they're really smart they should probably have Illyria be the second release, that would really kick up some buzz.

Actually, Sideshow started with Hush Buffy and the three Gentlemen, followed later by Buffy, Angel, Spike and Faith.

I'm guessing after Angel we'll see yet another Spike just because he's so popular. I'm still guessing we'll get a Cordy with the Buffy line first before we see her with the Angel line. And I'm all for the flashback figures of Darla, Spike(William) and Dru to go with Origin's Angel. I've been hoping for that ever since we got Liam!

If they release Cordy in the Angel line, and they will, I don't think she'll get a figure in the Buffy line. Just my gut feeling.

For Darla, we need her in her costume from "The Prodigal" to go with the Liam figure from the Buffy line.

They need to do a Doyle figure.
I stopped watching after they killed off
Doyle.

Grasping at straws

If there is a god in heaven it will be Miss Chase. Of course I'm an agnostic and this is SSC who seem to have a strong dislike for Cordy and Giles so I'm not making any bets.
Wouldn't it make sense though all joking aside to finally do Cordy? Dave wasn't far from right in his comment, but she was the single most important character in the series for four seasons besides Angel.
Also hoping for a pretty Julie Benz/Darla figure. I know most people prefer monsters, I like them too, but I also think cute girl figures are nice to have on the shelf as well. Not to mention I first started regularly watching Angel when Darla was brought back human.
I'll be happy to get more Spike, an Angel version Buffy, Doyle, Lorne, Wesley and a Faith that hopefully looks a little like Eliza Dushku this time. Quite a lot of the Buffyverse remains unexplored and I hope we see some of that unexplored territory in this new license.
Oh yeah, and Skip.

Cordelia's going to be among the first few figures, if only because she has not yet been produced for the Buffy line. Hey, it even may increase the odds of seeing another Cordy under the Buffy umbrella, since the head sculpt will be done.

But I agree with Dave, no way will we see Angel, Cordy, and Wes in a row. Like Buffy, they're going to spread the main characters out over time.

I think Boxer Rebellion versions of Angel, Darla, Spike, and Dru are likely; The costumes alone are figure-worthy. We'd get human-face versions of Darla and Dru, and it would justify the inevitable Spike and Angel variants. Did Angel have his mustache then?

Anyway, the question I asked was, "what one main character would you consider to be the most likely frontrunner for early release after ol' broody brows?"

So far, Lorne and Cordy seem to be the favorites.

crdla.jpg

Back