Offensive Jackson Five act

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
Unbelievable. This appeared on the Australian show "Hey Hey It's Saturday" last night. I guess it's their version of the Gong Show. At least Harry Connick Jr. said something.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wMAyGewq37w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wMAyGewq37w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I love how the crowd is totally into it too. :rolleyes: Man, I don't care what country you're from, that's in really poor taste.

I think he could have used a better choice of words other than "we've spent so much time trying to make black people not look like buffoons" :lol

Obviously, you know what he meant and it was nice that he mentioned why it was offensive to him.

Harry Connick Jr. was clearly offended. I mean whats up with the "black" make up anyway? That was just stupid and ignorant imo.

Wow, this is majorly out of context.

This was a special episode where they brought back this act. These guys did this same act 20 years ago and they got special permission to redo the act. Everyone knew what was coming except for Connick Jr who supposedly tried to walk out during the performance.

Also note that all 5 of the guys are not "white".

This was a special episode where they brought back this act. These guys did this same act 20 years ago and they got special permission to redo the act. Everyone knew what was coming except for Connick Jr who supposedly tried to walk out during the performance.

Well then most of us here are guilty too :eek:

I just sent that link to black friend of mine and his reply was that he thought the stupid look on the faces of the audiences members during the apology was pretty funny.

I don't understand what's wrong about dressing up as a black person. I'm sure some people take it too far, but if a person wants to dress up for Halloween or a party as someone who's black, I don't understand why it's such a faux pas.

(Mind you, I'm at work and as such didn't watch the video.)

I know it's over done, but someone needs to post the black kid saying "that's racist."

Either way, I don't know what those guys were thinking, if they were even thinking at all. If that was done here in Canada or the US, they would get in big crap. Interestingly enough, RDJr got a way with it. Que: Mike to defend the guy's honor. What a man crush he has. Very scary.

So I see that there not all white guys, in my opinion that does not make it any less racist.
An Indian guy making fun of African American is just as racist as if a white man did it.
In fact Eddie Murphy playing an Asian stereotype in Norbert was as racist in my opinion.

Gay-bashing in another thread and this here, what's going on today?

Even if true, that is completely inexcusable. What was racist 20 years ago is racist today. And who gave them permission, anyway? The Jacksons? I can't buy that.

Back