Iphone or Blackberry Tour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iphone or Blackberry

• Total voters

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Need some help with this one. I need a new phone. I plan on getting one once work picks back up in about a month or two. I REALLY want an iphone. However, AT&T's service in my area isn't so great. I currently have Verizon and have never had a problem. Plus I get a 20% discount on my plan. So what are your thoughts? I will be adding a poll to this. I have also heard that Verizon has been trying to ink a deal with Apple to have the iphone.

If you can wait a couple weeks (and it sounds like you can), I'd get the HTC Hero using Android on Verizon.

I love the iPhone, but AT&T really makes the device terrible. I use mine on T-Mobile.

I have a crappy Pay as you Go phone...
As much as I'd like to have an iPhone, I really don't like having a stupid phone plan...

Then buy a used 2G one, jailbreak it, and use pay as you go on T-Mobile.

Depends what your primary uses are. I use my phone more for business and I have a Blackberry Curve 8900. Fantastic software and menu design, everything is quick and easy, and I can type significantly faster on that sort of keyboard than an iPhone.

The iPhone is a fun phone and has lots of games available so it's a good phone for the general public, I considered getting one myself, but I really wanted a hardware keyboard.

Also, AT&T sucks, so that's a problem.

Keith, I've had Cingular/ATT for the last 5 or 6 years and haven't had a problem. A few bad spots here and there, but nothing thats crazed me enough to want to change providers.

My speaker blew on my cell now so it doesn't ring. I have to hope I hear it vibrating on something when someone calls. So, I've been looking into the same thing except I was going back and forth between a crackberry and an Iphone. But, I think I've been sold on an Iphone. My buddy just got one for himself and his wife. If you upgrade or start a new plan I think he said it was $140 for a 16gb plus 2 yr commit or $300 for a 32gb with a 2 yr commit.

I'm sold on the Iphone myself, my wife has a Ipod touch and its just to damn handy not to go that route. The only thing I have to find out now is how much the plan will cost :sick

Now I just have to wait until Jan when I'm eligible to upgrade :banghead

ATT works fine for me too. Minimal problems and better than the T-Mobile I switched over from.

Don't know why everyone bashes on it (ATT), must be the cool thing to do.

I have a blackberry Curve 8900 and love it much more than i did the iphone. My job let me demo them both and the iphone was just to damn sensitive. I was always worried about breaking the screen. Even though i locked it, it kept unlocking. The apps though cool were way overpriced. Plus my fingers are to big for the virtual keyboard, it took me forever to type something. In the end i went with the blackberry curve 8900 (the tours twin but for ATT). I have all the apps I want and use and they were free such as pandora, twitter, wordpress and a few others. It really is a preference, they are both solid devices. i would check out the features and before you buy anything go to https://wireless.amazon.com/. I got my blackberry for 40 bucks brand new with free shipping but now it is $0.01.

Go with the iphone. I had a very crappy phone for 6 years and finally decided to get something nice so I went all out. I will never go back the phone rocks. AT&T in my area is near perfect.

In all the years I've had a cell phone, I've had Verizon, Spirit, T-Mobile and AT&T and they all suck. I love my iPhone enough to put up with AT&T and in reality haven't had much problem wherever I go with it. So the choice is clear.

iphone.jpg

I voted for the iPhone. 3 more weeks, and I am out from Verizon and getting the 3GS, 32GB.

:rock

Back