Epic Mickey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Kotaku (today):

It should come as little surprise that Warren Spector and his Junction Point development studio have been working on Epic Mickey, a game half-revealed by rumor, concept art and sparse details. But now it's official.

Disney's Epic Mickey is also the subject of the latest issue of GameInformer magazine, which should appear in subscribers' mailboxes starting next week.

The Wii game, said to be a Mickey Mouse platformer that involves the painting and erasing of levels, a struggle by Disney's lower caste of characters to dethrone the mouse.

Based on the cover art from the latest GI, it looks that, if anything, Spector and crew have managed to create something visually intriguing, with the rumored gameplay mechanics only slightly less interesting.

GI also has a video interview with Spector up, in which he talks about his love for things Mickey Mouse. It's light on actual Epic Mickey game details, but heavy on Spector face time.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next issue of Game Informer:
7558.epicmickey_2D00_cover.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

The game looks really cool, but its Wii so that basically makes me lose all interest.

That looks like The Haunted Mansion and It's a Small world in the back ground.

Agent, I just finished playing Dead Space: Extraction on the Wii. It was a lot of fun.

Looks great based on the concept art! Can't wait to see what gameplay looks like.

Before we get a lot of "looks cool, too bad it's on the Wii" hate, you gotta remember that the Wii is more powerful than the PS2, and the Kingdom Hearts games on that looked pretty nice, and don't forget about Resident Evil 4! I would have preferred to see this title on the 360/PS3, but I'm not throwing in the towel yet just because it's on the Wii.

Does the Wii have games that you use a regular controller for? I'm just not interested in playing a game where I have to wave my arms around. The Wii is fun for playing games with friends and in groups, but outside of that it has no appeal for me.

In case someone wants a wallpaper without the script....here ya go!

3991447078_3d647876e3_o.jpg

Does the Wii have games that you use a regular controller for? I'm just not interested in playing a game where I have to wave my arms around. The Wii is fun for playing games with friends and in groups, but outside of that it has no appeal for me.

Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Mega Man 9 come to mind instantly. I'm sure there are more.

In case someone wants a wallpaper without the script....here ya go!
awesome. thanks.

this game sounds great. i'll probably get a wii just to play it. good thing nobody wants them anymore and they're dirt cheap used.

Sounds epic to me. Especially happy to see they're using Ink Blot, since he's a big recurring villian in the European Disney comics that star Mickey. :rock

And if this game is going to use Okami gameplay...All the better!

Wow, I love the idea of this. I just can't believe Disney is allowing there characters to be so twisted. Too bad it's only on Wii, otherwise, guaranteed sell. But on Wii, it's a guaranteed not for me.

maybe this game will produce incredible figures, i hope madicom pay attention and makes vcd or even rah from those game.
maybe the vcd mickeys are some of the most incredible figures that i've ever see.
a rah mickey wold be amazing or a packages from some three of four little mickeys whit clothes iinside a rah package and format

Looks AWESOME!

maybe this game will produce incredible figures, i hope madicom pay attention and makes vcd or even rah from those game.
maybe the vcd mickeys are some of the most incredible figures that i've ever see.
a rah mickey wold be amazing or a packages from some three of four little mickeys whit clothes iinside a rah package and format

Some VCD would be COOL to have from this!

Back