We should be talking about a great sculpt....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
....but we have gotten into a revolving door of threads about how we missed out on the Grey Variant. While i'm pissed off to miss out i am still delighted with how this piece looks. I love the fact that it matches in with the WvS piece perfectly.

The pose of Spider-man is perfect and shows his athleticism and flexibility just fantastic. I also like how the Hulk looks massive. Too often have we seen the Hulk too small. He should be massive IMO.

My only critique of the piece is the base. I’m not a huge fan of broken up mac-adam, it distracts from the rest of the piece but I still love it. Pity they don’t fix these versus sculpts to a base similar to the LoTR Weta line, they would look better

Great job Martin.

0h yea, it's a fantastic piece. My first Marvel piece so far. I love it.

I got on the wait-list for the Wolverine and Sabretooth exclusive right after I saw the picture of the 2 pieces next to one another. If I don't get one, I may have to go for the regular edition and display these 2 pieces together.

:banana

Agent23 said:
0h yea, it's a fantastic piece. My first Marvel piece so far. I love it.

I got on the wait-list for the Wolverine and Sabretooth exclusive right after I saw the picture of the 2 pieces next to one another. If I don't get one, I may have to go for the regular edition and display these 2 pieces together.

:banana

Don't forget Cyclops and Colossus.:D

Ehh, not feeling that one too much.

Spidey is my favorite superhero, and the Hulk is up there, so I thought this was a perfect piece for me to get started. I just really, really like it, alot. Plus, my brother and I used to have the dolls of Hulk and Spidey and make them fight each other all the time, so it kinda rekindles childhood memories for me as well.

I really like X-Men, Wolverine is my favorite there. And, the 2 next to each other is going to look cool as hell.

I like Cyclops and Colossus, but, I will probably not get that one.

I will only consider these diorama type pieces I think, they look great. I'd love to see Ghost Rider somehow, maybe paired up with Dr. Strange, and maybe Cable VS Dead Pool.

Until Sideshow gets the D.C. line, (crossing fingers) then it's time for Batman VS the Joker of course.

This is one of my favorite Hulk sculpts!!!! Love how big he was made! And how agile Spiderman was captured is just awesome. LOVE IT MARTIN!!

I'm getting all my Marvel characters statue fix from these SS dioramas. That's it. No Bowen, HH or anything else. These seem to be the best bang for the buck with beautiful sculpts so far. I intend to go out of my way and seek out the best exclusives. Given how long I been collecting and reading comics (around 1990 or so) it is cool that now at age 28 I am able to own these beautiful pieces of art.

Martin has done an excellent job with this statue. Hopefully his talent won't be overshadowed by all this 50 Gray Hulk negativity. I don't have much more praise to add to what Bullseye already said so I'll focus a bit on what could have been done better.

The Hulk should have more of an action pose. Something a little more dynamic. The crushing of the sidewalk thing shows his brute power, but the piece could have benefited from a more kinetic pose. I expected debri flying as Hulk was attacking Spidey. It's like we got there just a few seconds too late...

Spidey should have been sculpted as a slightly taller man. I was afraid of his scale not matching the WvsS diorama. By looking at the comparison pic they missed the mark by a little bit...

9002_press11-002.jpg

Wolverine is supposed to be a short guy. Spidey is drawn usually about average size (JR Jr) and sometimes depicted as slim (J. Scott Campbell covers). Obviously it's a little bit off but not by much. I guess in relation to the Hulk the proportions are just right and work very well as a stand alone diorama.

Those are my few nitpicks. I got nothing but praise for Martin's work. Out of the park with this one. I was lucky enough to order both exclusives Gray and Green. Looking forward to the X-men Vs Sentinel!

Bitter and frustrated though I may be missing out on the Grey Variant,
I have to say that I believe this is an absolutely fantastic sculpture.
(thus adding to the sting of me missing out on the Grey.......)

I've never seen the Hulk in a pose like this, and I positively love it.
It is different from the usual standing pose of "Hulk Smash" that I
have seen from Bowen, Hard Hero, and many other companies.
Attakus Hulk is still my favorite for now, but this will either be #2
or it could even displace my Attakus Hulk as #1.

So, that said, anybody got a Grey Hulk that they don't want?
I'd give a lot to get one.

JS :(

The "sting" of missing THE GREY has hurt...not even in the mood to purchase a greeny..:sick ...Loved the grey hulk stories...when he turned grey...did'n't he shrink?...

BTW...I would trade my Lurtz Exclusive for a grey....anyone??...anyone?? :confused:

Deadly Dagger said:
The "sting" of missing THE GREY has hurt...not even in the mood to purchase a greeny..:sick ...Loved the grey hulk stories...when he turned grey...did'n't he shrink?...

BTW...I would trade my Lurtz Exclusive for a grey....anyone??...anyone?? :confused:
I have the Four Hoursemen's Skeletor AP 1of100 and Clawful AP 1of75, and i am tempted to sell or trade them so i can get a grey hulk...

Let's keep the focus on the discussion of the actual piece folks at least on this thread. It's been a long 24 hours and some perspective on the statue itself is overdue. :peace

It looks like Hulk just tried to smash Spidey who has leapt away just in the nick of time, leaving ole Mr. Mean Jeans to grab nothing but sidewalk. Pretty dynamic pose as I see it.

Regretably we don't get any good Marvel feeds here in Belgium. So while I enjoy the two characters I had no idea they were actually up against eachother at some point. In that respect I would have preferred Spidey to get nasty on one of his more usual opponents.
Nevertheless this presents a great chance for me to get two comic book characters I have liked since childhood for the price of one, so to speak, and they look mighty good doing it. Flashing traffic light is a neat feature.
And on a sidenote, I never even knew there wàs a grey hulk :p

I agree that Hulk Vs Spidey is not the most memorable match up there is but, damn this statue came out well!

I would have prefered Hulk to go up against The Abomination, The Leader or at the very least Juggernaunt. I am sure Spidey will have his own classic Vs diorama is the near future. He is the most popular Marvel character even before all the recent movies.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I agree that Hulk Vs Spidey is not the most memorable match up there is but, damn this statue came out well!

I would have prefered Hulk to go up against The Abomination, The Leader or at the very least Juggernaunt. I am sure Spidey will have his own classic Vs diorama is the near future. He is the most popular Marvel character even before all the recent movies.

Could you imagine the size of those. I would still like to see the more classic Spidey matchups though.

Back