Enterbay- The Godfather- Don Vito review with pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Well if you were hoping for me to help make your mind up for you... you may be out of luck, perhaps it's time to flip a coin!

But which ever way you look at it, Enterbay have delivered another amazing 1/6th figure.

The Don review-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_100209b.htm

You'll find it and a ton of other stuff over at Mike's 'Captain Toy'-
https://www.mwctoys.com/

inbox-1.jpg

donchair.jpg

facedetail6.jpg

faceshadow2.jpg

theconversation.jpg

theconversation6.jpg

sittingpose.jpg

pose7-4.jpg

Last edited:
Great review as always Jeff! I think the HT sculpt is slightly more accurate, but Enterbay's tailoring is better and it's obvious when they're side by side. And I never thought I'd say this, but the Enterbay packaging is elegant.

Great review as always Jeff! I think the HT sculpt is slightly more accurate, but Enterbay's tailoring is better and it's obvious when they're side by side. And I never thought I'd say this, but the Enterbay packaging is elegant.

Tailoring is better? Are you sure bro? EBs suit looks like something SS produced on an old James Bond figure. Imo it is the weakest point. The sculpts paint turned out nice though.

Cool review Wook.

I guess should have said the "fit" was better. The pic where they're standing side by side looks like it just hangs better off his shoulders. The HT version looks linebacker-ish.

I guess should have said the "fit" was better. The pic where they're standing side by side looks like it just hangs better off his shoulders. The HT version looks linebacker-ish.

Oh I see. Cool. I think HT's Vito does look rather bulky in pics but in person he looks like a better fit.

Great review as always, wookster!
They are both awesome, but I think I'd have to give the edge to Hot Toys. I think Enterbay's eyes look a little too beady, and actually think their jacket is cut a little too narrow in the shoulders. But that's just me being way overly critical.

What a great choice for Godfather fans, huh?

Oh I see. Cool. I think HT's Vito does look rather bulky in pics but in person he looks like a better fit.

That's good to know--I've been waiting to make a decision on which one to get (even though I've pretty much known it would be HT) and when compared together I still think HT's is better. Price point helps too and since I don't need an exclusive fedora, make mine Hot Toys.

That's good to know--I've been waiting to make a decision on which one to get (even though I've pretty much known it would be HT) and when compared together I still think HT's is better. Price point helps too and since I don't need an exclusive fedora, make mine Hot Toys.

Definitely. I know I am a big fan of Hot Toys but this is the one to get 100%. Hey btw, is that Tom Selleck in your avatar? :D

Great review, Wookster. I think you were quite fair in your both this review and your prior review for the HT figure. The only part I don't agree with is your score on the "accessories" portion in the Enterbay review.

The strange thing is, as a reviewer you try to give people a feel for the figure, but as a lot of you know, although the pics help, there is nothing like holding them in your hand. The way you perceive them is very different. They're both tailored very well, the scale of the Enterbay material looks slightly better, but it needs more tweaking and futzing. And the Enterbay shirt has a better cut on the sleeves and cuffs, where as the HT shirt collar and bow tie are better. It really is swings and roundabouts.

Great review as always, wookster!
They are both awesome, but I think I'd have to give the edge to Hot Toys. I think Enterbay's eyes look a little too beady, and actually think their jacket is cut a little too narrow in the shoulders. But that's just me being way overly critical.

What a great choice for Godfather fans, huh?

Yep, it's an amazing choice, and in Enterbays defence, the eyes look spookily real in hand.

Great review, Wookster. I think you were quite fair in your both this review and your prior review for the HT figure. The only part I don't agree with is your score on the "accessories" portion in the Enterbay review.

I did deliberate for ages on the accesories score, and although $170 aint chicken feed by a long shot it still looks like a nice set. I tried to imagine a world where the HT one didn't exist, and on it's own merits I figured the hand, cat, chair (with a metal base), metal figure stand, metal certificate and the pen... make of it what you will with the pen, but it is actually a nice pen, all be it an 'unusual' extra.
So taking all this into account it was worth a full score to me, but I totally accept your way of thinking, as when compared to the HT haul it seems a little light... I just realised I didn't mention the cat in the accessories, luckilly there is a picture of it right next to the 'cat'agory I might see if Mike can paste a patch in for me.

You were waaay too kind to the EB version Jeff. The face sculpt is too chubby, it's not a good likeness at all IMHO and the body looks anorexic and poorly proportioned compared to the size of the head and hands. The chair is too small, the cat is terrible, the price is too high....nice pen though. ;)

This is no more than a 2 1/2 star figure in my book, especially when compared to the HT version.

You were waaay too kind to the EB version Jeff. The face sculpt is too chubby, it's not a good likeness at all IMHO and the body looks anorexic and poorly proportioned compared to the size of the head and hands. The chair is too small, the cat is terrible, the price is too high....nice pen though. ;)

This is no more than a 2 1/2 star figure in my book, especially when compared to the HT version.

Ouch!

All I can say is that in hand I found it to look better than in any pics I've seen so far. My main problem is that the Enterbay one looks like a real old man, where as Brando wasn't that old, he was just made-up to look aged, and that comes accross better on the HT version.

These might be of interest, not in Enlish I'm afraid, but Italian is without a doubt the most beautiful language on the planet, and a fitting soundtrack for this figure. Thanks to 'Chinpira' for these-

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3P85O0Mmi-0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3P85O0Mmi-0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IXGWpLHVmNE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IXGWpLHVmNE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I did deliberate for ages on the accesories score, and although $170 aint chicken feed by a long shot it still looks like a nice set. I tried to imagine a world where the HT one didn't exist, and on it's own merits I figured the hand, cat, chair (with a metal base), metal figure stand, metal certificate and the pen... make of it what you will with the pen, but it is actually a nice pen, all be it an 'unusual' extra.
So taking all this into account it was worth a full score to me, but I totally accept your way of thinking, as when compared to the HT haul it seems a little light... I just realised I didn't mention the cat in the accessories, luckilly there is a picture of it right next to the 'cat'agory I might see if Mike can paste a patch in for me.

Taking HT out of the equation, I would still consider Enterbay's accessories a bit light and disappointing if you consider half of the included items as superfluous. This is my opinion, but I've always felt that accessories included with a high-end figure should be FOR the figure, which means I frown upon the pen and do not consider the certificate an accessory, no matter what material it is made of.

I'm impartial to both figures. I've been waiting for both to release before I ultimately make my choice.

Cool videos, btw, thanks for posting.

I have to admit, I can't really see the point of certificates unless they're numbered, but if you are into that kind of thing, then this one is pretty special, it's like a Willy Wonka golden ticket turned up to 11.

Most of you guys are not too loyal to EB GF, but at least the 3A Zomb is!

SQ042.jpg

Not too sure about Red tho!

SQ045.jpg

Most of you guys are not too loyal to EB GF, but at least the 3A Zomb is!

Not too sure about Red tho!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Aha, great :p

Back