Sideshow Disney Vs Dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlprjlpr

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know Sideshow is currently sticking to PF for Disney.

I love the PF line, but I would love to see a Disney Vs Diorama series:

Mickey Vs Peg Leg Pete in black and white from Steamboat Willie
Aladdin Vs Jafar
Peter Pan Vs Hook
Prince Philip Vs Maleficient as the Dragon
The Beast Vs Gaston
Pinocchio Vs Stromboli
Simba Vs Scar
Jack Sparrow Vs Barbossa
etc.

I know Sideshow is currently sticking to PF for Disney.

I love the PF line, but I would love to see a Disney Vs Diorama series:

Mickey Vs Peg Leg Pete in black and white from Steamboat Willie
Aladdin Vs Jafar
Peter Pan Vs Hook
Prince Philip Vs Maleficient as the Dragon
The Beast Vs Gaston
Pinocchio Vs Stromboli
Simba Vs Scar
Jack Sparrow Vs Barbossa
etc.

Hopefully if they do that one will be first. :rock

These would be cool, but I think I would pass on them in order to get more PF's. A Jack vs Barbossa would be very tempting though. I've considered getting the WDCC but since the likenesses aren't there I won't.

Give it time, SS has a standard procedure of starting with PFs and moving from there. However, there are already so many diorama or very similar lines that Disney license holders have that SS may not go down that road.

Hercules Vs Hydra would be awesome too.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

That would be cool...

Okay, I'd probably buy Pan vs. Hook. Crap, I don't need anything else to collect.

How about the Dwarves vs. the evil Crone on the mountain?

This is a line I could really get into...

How about the Dwarves vs. the evil Crone on the mountain?

This is a line I could really get into...

that is a great idea.
It is something the Disney Classics WDCC line has not done and would be a great scene for Sideshow to do

I can understand Sideshow not wanting to go with the "cute" Mickey and Minnie or the Princess stuff but a Vs line that would always have a villain and lots of action as part of the statue would work well with Sideshow's typical buyers.

Disney is about as big a license as Sideshow can get and there is certainly enough ideas that we have all listed to keep a Vs. Diorama series going for a few years.

i also think that this would be a great idea even though i wouldn't probably buy them, but they really should try to keep the dios matched with their PF's imo.
so that people could display them like the cap and skull i have below and the sneak peaked wolverine and sabretooth pf's that are coming, that will go with the already released vs dio.

zkld35.jpg

that is a great idea.
It is something the Disney Classics WDCC line has not done and would be a great scene for Sideshow to do

I can understand Sideshow not wanting to go with the "cute" Mickey and Minnie or the Princess stuff but a Vs line that would always have a villain and lots of action as part of the statue would work well with Sideshow's typical buyers.

Disney is about as big a license as Sideshow can get and there is certainly enough ideas that we have all listed to keep a Vs. Diorama series going for a few years.

Did they say they aren't doing them, or just that they are doing them later? I don't want just villains...

Did they say they aren't doing them, or just that they are doing them later? I don't want just villains...

I asked the question about the "cute" characters at SDCC and they said initially they would be doing mostly animated villains and live action character (things such as Jack Sparrow and Rocketeer) but that they might do the "cute" characters as the line goes on. They never said they would never do the "cute" characters.

I think doing a Vs diorama line is a way of doing some of the "cute" characters because they are interacting with the Villains in action scenes. And that kind of diorama is Sideshow's specialty so it would work well I think.

Tron VS dioramas would be awesome.

I would love a Tron vs giant Sark or Tron vs Moses (I mean the MCP)
Recognizers chasing Lightcycles or a lightcycle dual with the light beams would be an awesome use of polystone.

I asked the question about the "cute" characters at SDCC and they said initially they would be doing mostly animated villains and live action character (things such as Jack Sparrow and Rocketeer) but that they might do the "cute" characters as the line goes on. They never said they would never do the "cute" characters.

I think doing a Vs diorama line is a way of doing some of the "cute" characters because they are interacting with the Villains in action scenes. And that kind of diorama is Sideshow's specialty so it would work well I think.

Thanks. That's what I though. Started to get panicked for a moment. :lol On the bright side it would have made it easier to cancel the Evil Queen.

Back