The Wizard of Oz on Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu Falcon

Super Freak
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the 70th Anniversary Blu-ray box set through Amazon and just recieved it today. It's one of my all-time favorite family movies that I've loved for as long as I can remember. It's loaded with lots of extra goodies too. All in all a pretty good deal at $51.99 considering this entire collection could probably sell for $90 or more. Now I can share the experience with my 4 year old. Very pleased.

51xYNiMIjyL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I want to pick this up, but I think I may just go to Target and get the store exclusive disks-only version. I really don't need the swag.

It is beautiful really, I do wish the sound was in DTS; but it's a minor gripe.

:drool

As nice as the GG busts are (surprisingly) a PF would be in a whole new league; not to mention who knows if they will see the light of day?!

:angelsmil

I might have to look into those GG bust.

Well, I watched it with my 4 year old on Friday and he really enjoyed it. And guess what he wanted to watch on Saturday night? Not Bolt. Not Wall-E. Not Kung-Fu Panda. Yep, the Wizard of Oz. It's funny how the film's story, music and visuals can still spark the imagination of young kids, and hang in there with the best computer animated stuff out there to this day. And I'm not too much into buying collector's editions loaded down with crap that eventually becomes junk, but I do recommend the 70th anniversary set if you can swing it. It's a very nice box set that actually comes with very cool and interesting stuff.

Back