Sideshow got me, I missed the Grey Hulk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshows 4.00am debacle

Being a huge fan of Pablo’s and Martins work it is with great sadness that today the 13th January 2006 I am without a Grey Hulk Exclusive. Sideshow in their kindness and wisdom (they obviously hate us Europeans) decided to put this absolutely fantastic sculpt from one of the best sculptors in the business at the timely hour of 4.00am (based on Azogs initial link). Now being of sound mind I was in bed resting for the day ahead after waiting till 12.00am just in case they decided to put up this marvellous sculpt. You see I mainly collect their Marvel line and mainly their exclusives. But was I given an opportunity NO I WASN’T. Instead in their kindness and wisdom they sent me an email giving me the Heads UP on an action figure of Aragorn. Now while some people maybe interested in action figures, I isn’t one of them. Sideshow in its wisdom decided to move the ordering days from Friday to Thursday nights. Hell why not have it on Wednesday knowing that most people work the next morning while most people have weekends off.

This is not the first time Sideshow has ****ed over its European and non-US buyers. I have the fantastic Predator on order but this is only being shipped from the US warehouse and not the EU one so as well as paying $999 I pay duty, Import taxes and possibly big shipping fees.

It’s about time the people in Sideshow realise that the US market is not their only market. How would the US collectors have felt if SS decided to put this up at 4.00am your time while you were asleep? IMO it shows a complete lack of understanding of how people feel. Why couldn’t they have at least put it up like the usual times of 12.00am?

Maybe Sideshow can have someone respond, but I’d doubt that they would have the courage to explain how they are treating us Europeans.

BTW This piece will cost $299 plus shipping for you guys (It’s made in China). But by the time Sideshow ship it to me it will have cost close to $400 between delivery and VAT.

( I estimate that I have bought $8,000 worth of stuff from SS with about the same on order, I deserve more respect).

Re: Sideshows 4.00am debacle

pitchin said:
It was 3:00am UK time that it went up

Still a crazy time to put it up. And on a Thursday too. Why not Friday like normal. I ain't looking for an arguement with people. This thread is not about that. I want an explaination from SS why they have no respect for EU collectors.

I feel for you Bullseye. I know you been following this piece very closely and your name did come up when we were discussing it last night in the statueforums.com.

It's always gonna be a bad time for somebody. Try living in Australia, at least you have a European warehouse! Completely agree with you though Bullseye, this piece means way more to me than that 12" doll - they should have given better info regarding the release of this piece.

However, it's great to see that SS has introduced such a low limited edition, and I'm very happy for all those that were lucky enough to snag one.

I'm a bit worried about the green exclusive though. I hope the edition size isn't too high on this one because many people who have ordered the grey, have also ordered the green. I can see them over-estimating the popularity and ES of this version, as I think many who have both may cancel the green later on, making it's value go downhill.

It does suck for you all I agree. Like you said RD it's gonna be bad for someone so why try to make a big change if it's still gonna piss or screw someone else.

As far as this or that 12" doll :rolleyes: give me the doll. :D

TBH......it's the only way they could do it...........otherwise if they advertised it in advance with an ES of 50...........ebay scalpers woulda got the lot. At least this way collectors got em'

pitchin said:
TBH......it's the only way they could do it...........otherwise if they advertised it in advance with an ES of 50...........ebay scalpers woulda got the lot. At least this way collectors got em'
Not me...:( We'll see how many end up on eBay.

pitchin said:

Ha! Ha! We'll see how many are actually kept. I'd bet 30+ are flipped. Statueforum has a ton of flippers as well as here. I flip too sometimes...to each his own. Most people flip at some point whether they intended to or not.

Originally posted by jdonoho
Ha! Ha! We'll see how many are actually kept. I'd bet 30+ are flipped. Statueforum has a ton of flippers as well as here. I flip too sometimes...to each his own. Most people flip at some point whether they intended to or not.

Who you calling a flipper? FLIP YOU! :p

It was the only way to do it, no server issues and no scalpers. Only very few attentive and dedicated fans.

It will always be a bad time for some part of the world. Dam rotation of the earth!!!!!

Jesse

Jesse, make it stop!

earth002.gif

ResinDog said:
I'm a bit worried about the green exclusive though. I hope the edition size isn't too high on this one because many people who have ordered the grey, have also ordered the green. I can see them over-estimating the popularity and ES of this version, as I think many who have both may cancel the green later on, making it's value go downhill.

Good point....and bullseye, down the line I'm pretty much sure youll end up with a grey Hulk statue...

The proper way to do it was to post it up at 12.00am Greenwich time so most people have a chance not 3.00am greenwich time. If i had have know that the Green exclusive was going to be up at 3.00am i'd have gotten up to order it and then would have discovered there was a grey exclusive. Anyway no more comments from me on the matter. I just hope Sideshow thinks more about its collectors outside the US.

Martin I’d like to apologise for my outburst regarding the Grey Hulk. I should have realised that loosing a close friend/member of the family is much more significant than loosing out on a collectible. You know I’m a huge fan of your work and I am still happy that I got the green exclusive.

I would also like to apologise to my fellow forum members about my ‘letting off stream’. I don’t want to be seen as a whiner and I congratulate everyone who was lucky enough to pick up this marvellous piece.

TheWitchKing said:
Who you calling a flipper? FLIP YOU! :p

You know it'll be flipped. LE 50...if it even remotely goes high people will flip even if not intending to. I'd have probably flipped if I got it. I'd be happy with the green and even happier with the green if I flipped the grey for a profit. You know the drill...

If you flipped me...you'd be taking a loss by the way. lol

I agree with Bullseye about at least letting us know he was going to be up for pre-order. Also, I agree about the Friday Newsletter now coming on Thursdays. How are we ever supposed to know how things work if they constantly keep changing what they tell us! How many of you logged on early to your Sideshow account and then your newsletter account for the Anakin (or was it Obi-Wan?) priority pre-order and set there refreshing your account page or newsletter page waiting for the link to turn up? Silly me, all I had to do was go to the home page for streamlined pre-order, but I followed the rules! Oh well, I guess "Collect for Life" means having to track down their product on the secondary market for the rest of your life!

Bullseye said:
The proper way to do it was to post it up at 12.00am Greenwich time so most people have a chance not 3.00am greenwich time. If i had have know that the Green exclusive was going to be up at 3.00am i'd have gotten up to order it and then would have discovered there was a grey exclusive. Anyway no more comments from me on the matter. I just hope Sideshow thinks more about its collectors outside the US.

Martin I’d like to apologise for my outburst regarding the Grey Hulk. I should have realised that loosing a close friend/member of the family is much more significant than loosing out on a collectible. You know I’m a huge fan of your work and I am still happy that I got the green exclusive.

I would also like to apologise to my fellow forum members about my ‘letting off stream’. I don’t want to be seen as a whiner and I congratulate everyone who was lucky enough to pick up this marvellous piece.

I respect that........

Jesse

I feel you Bullseye. Having the Exclusives shipped to Malaysia, I always expect to add another $150 to $200 on top of each statue for shipping and customs :( . But I have no problem so far on ordering the exclusives as long as I check in in time (Usually it's 2am here).

It is understandable that SS can't satisfy everyone on setting a universal timeframe that will make us all happy. But I was hoping of getting some form of notice on the grey hulk as well.

I missed Big Grey :crying

Guess what people...I live in the USA and missed the Gray Hulk as well. I was 5 minutes late but that's how life is....it's sometimes unfair.

If people were clever and patient enough to wait and find it...I say good for them!!!!!

Back