Triad Toys Doing Zorro Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha! just noticed the preview house figure on the upper left! pretty nice sculpt from what i can see

The copyright is just "Zorro" and not "Sony" so, I'm guessing it's like John Carter of Mars - just the property and not the film.

The copyright is just "Zorro" and not "Sony" so, I'm guessing it's like John Carter of Mars - just the property and not the film.
--

Regardless . . .

I hope the figure will be a very worthwhile representation of the character.

I have one question for now . . .

We will see a LADY RAWHIDE figure?

:D

While we're waiting for more on the Triad version, anyone have the 12" Zorro made by
Preziosi? any good for the price?

There's an amazing Zorro custom here:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106772&highlight=zorro

The guy used some Preziosi stuff for it...

z1016.jpg

If this company keeps getting nifty licenses like this one, I might start giving them more of a look. They seem most well known for their outrageously big-breasted, rooted hair, girl toys, which I am not interested in, so I haven't paid them much attention before.

Curious to see what they come up with.

I hope so. I'd prefer a pulp style, generic version over Banderas. If it were to be based on a licensed version, I'd want Guy Williams as that's the Zorro I grew up with, but I reckon a generic Zorro would come close enough.

I think a certain Mr Crawford will be a very happy bunny!

I would much prefer a classic Zorro (Tyrone Power, or pulp style/generic, etc) over Banderas. I would not purchase a Banderas version.

Well, I'd purchase any version - Zorro is da man. Banderas did a great Zorro in the first flick, and it's best if you just forget the second.

But my preference would be a Guy Williams version first, generic pulp version second, Bandaras version third, and Tyrone Powers version last. In reality, my favorite screen version is Tyrone, but he didn't wear a cape in that movie!

Last edited:
I'd prefer Banderas just because his costume was fancier. Power is my favorite though and one of the best non-John Williams film scores ever.

A Guy Williams version would rock.

Banderas outfit being "fancier" is the main reason I wouldn't purchase one. Less is more.

--

Regardless . . .

I hope the figure will be a very worthwhile representation of the character.

I have one question for now . . .

We will see a LADY RAWHIDE figure?

:D

I think Lady Rawhide belongs to Topps. Isn't that the company where she 1st appeared? After seeing the figures on the Triad site, they certainly would be the right company to make her though. :monkey5

Back