2010 Star Wars 1/6 line-up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Editdroid

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Being somewhat new to SC, I'm wondering what has been the pattern of releases in the SW line. Does Sideshow announce a new figure every quarter? Do SW figure appear at precise intervals or does it seem random?

In their latest «Ask Sideshow», they mentioned working on a Boba Fett. I remember seing a 3PO on one of their convention videos ...

Anybody has tidbits of info that would be more than wish list?

Thanks!

Slated so far for 2010 is the Phase 1 Clone Trooper and Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker . At SDCC they showed work in progress pics of a Gamorean Guard as well as Commander Cody and also said they are working on a Captian Rex which all 3 should appear at various times of the year.

Except for Toy Fair and SDCC new figure announcements are pretty random. Alot of us a re also expecting a new figure announcement for Spooktacular.

Plus I guess we can expect an exclusive at Comic-Con 2010? Though not necessaryly in 12 inch scale ...

I think since the line started there has always been a 1/6 exclusive figure for SDCC. Initially it was announced that the line would produce (I think) 8-12 figures a year. And seems like that's been the case.

But we usually don't know very far ahead when it comes to who will be announced/pre-ordered next. That's why we actually have a thread dedicated to people's guesses :lol

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Plus I guess we can expect an exclusive at Comic-Con 2010? Though not necessaryly in 12 inch scale ...

I think we can expect something at the comicon, I don't know about the 12inch though...

SS needs to show us something. I havent ordered a Star Wars figure since Lando, the rest have been very meh.

SS needs to show us something. I havent ordered a Star Wars figure since Lando, the rest have been very meh.

I hadnt really thought about till you posted in the preorder list thread, but you are 100% right.

Havent ordered, or been impressed, with anything since Lando.

Good thing the G I Joe line is kicking ass and taking names!

I'm also in the "Last thing I ordered was Lando" boat...

I would really want a chewbacca but if sideshow doesn't want me to make him at least make Dooku or Padmi from AOTC battle arena.

Slated so far for 2010 is the Phase 1 Clone Trooper and Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker . At SDCC they showed work in progress pics of a Gamorean Guard as well as Commander Cody and also said they are working on a Captian Rex which all 3 should appear at various times of the year.

Except for Toy Fair and SDCC new figure announcements are pretty random. Alot of us a re also expecting a new figure announcement for Spooktacular.

I seriously hope the Cpt Rex figure won't be a Clone Wars version i.e. thin long arms and legs, distorted torso and triangular-shaped face. If it is this version, it will be an easy pass for me, not even a second thought is necessary.

A regular version with normal-sized limbs and standard body shape will be a sure-buy for me.

God, I'm not disappointed in the slightest. I loved the CW Anakin at the Con. Seeing it for the first time was a jaw-dropper. (The pose was a bit weak, but I see awesome potential in my first-ever Pro-bodied Jedi.) And the Thrawn books were the first things to drag me back into Star Wars after the lengthy period of limbo that followed Return of the Jedi, so seeing him sitting in his command chair sent me reeling. And they just had to throw another Clone in there for the hat trick. Great round at SDCC for me.

Every year I do a "family photo" of the SW figures I've acquired in the previous 12 months. Looking at them, I can confirm that last year saw the addition of 12 new figures between February 2008 and February 2009.

If you're looking for speculation, it was suggested to me at SDCC that we should look for another Sandtrooper variant in the near future. Also, word on the streets is that Thrawn's command chair was a sort of practice run at creating Palpatine's throne for a ROTJ Emperor. :rock I expect Dooku, but not until after his PF is shipped.

I seriously hope the Cpt Rex figure won't be a Clone Wars version i.e. thin long arms and legs, distorted torso and triangular-shaped face. If it is this version, it will be an easy pass for me, not even a second thought is necessary.

There's no reason whatsoever to think that they'll do something so ridiculous. We've had three CW figures released so far with another on the way (and another if you count the plain ol' white Episode II Clone), and all of these have been naturally-proportioned. Even the characters' face sculpts have been more toward the real-life look as opposed to the cartoonish appearance that could have been.

I hadnt really thought about till you posted in the preorder list thread, but you are 100% right.

Havent ordered, or been impressed, with anything since Lando.

Good thing the G I Joe line is kicking ass and taking names!

Word, If SS dropped SW and pumped out more Joes, Id be all over it. The SW is cycling the drain for me..

They just need to confirm ROTS Commander Gree already:D

Gree might pose a problem due to his awesome Oakley-style visor. I'd love to see that figure as well, but I'd be leery to produce it if I were in Sideshow's shoes. Way to many judgmental, hyperbolic Star Wars fans to suit my tastes...

I understand The sandtrooper squad commander is supposes to Starr slling today ... But I couldn't find The info about The Time... All The info page shows is newsletter subscription ... which is usuallysent during The night ....

Can someone clear this up?

I understand The sandtrooper squad commander is supposes to Starr slling today ... But I couldn't find The info about The Time... All The info page shows is newsletter subscription ... which is usuallysent during The night ....

Can someone clear this up?

It will be available to order when tonights Newsletter goes up.

Back