Hot Toys batteries issues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
im curious to know how many people have or had issues with the batteries in their figures? I just received my T600 and the lights dont work, so i guess what im wandering, is if the figures come with batteries already dead, or if theres a problem with the figure itself and it needs to be replaced.

It's a good idea to take out the batteries and put them back in if you have problems like this, both to check that they are inserted properly and to make sure they aren't corroded. I've had two figures that had very very dim lights until I took out the batteries and put them back. Then they worked fine. I'm still not sure what exactly the issue was.

The headlamp on my Dallas dont work anymore and 1 arm on my iron man mk3 dont work either i will try and pop out the batteries.

You can always try replacing them too.

Curious as to how long would be too long to just leave the batteries in? Are we risking damage to our collectibles by not taking them out?

Also, Pred1 batteries are quite the chore to put in.... what the hell where they thinking? :confused:

I have a different issue from what you are referring to, but an issue that I would like some help with, nonetheless.

I had working batteries for my Battle Damaged Endoskeleton, but now I need replacements, and don't know where to look. I got some from Radioshack that said they were compatible with the battery number, but they fit too loose and didn't do the job.

Any advice? Also, could someone tell me the battery number on those batteries? I've lost the numbers that I wrote down. Thanks.

I have a different issue from what you are referring to, but an issue that I would like some help with, nonetheless.

I had working batteries for my Battle Damaged Endoskeleton, but now I need replacements, and don't know where to look. I got some from Radioshack that said they were compatible with the battery number, but they fit too loose and didn't do the job.

Any advice? Also, could someone tell me the battery number on those batteries? I've lost the numbers that I wrote down. Thanks.

the number on mine is LR621, i am going to see if i can get some new ones and try them, obviously if they dont work, im sending this ^^^^ back. this is why i stick to my statues and life size pieces, never have to deal with these tiny little pieces. :rolleyes:

It's a good idea to take out the batteries and put them back in if you have problems like this, both to check that they are inserted properly and to make sure they aren't corroded. I've had two figures that had very very dim lights until I took out the batteries and put them back. Then they worked fine. I'm still not sure what exactly the issue was.

yeah man, i tried that and then i tried different ways of putting them in just in case they wrote the instructions wrong, but that didnt work either.

Thanks. Does anyone know if the T-800 Battle Damaged Endo used the same batteries as the T-600?

that exact model may be hard to find though, i just came back from the hardware store. they had an equivalent battery, but it was thinner, so i just decided to buy the exact model online. Let me know if you find the model in a store, cause i couldnt. I would imagine since they both power up the same things that the batteries would be similar.

I found one at Radioshack that was listed as "compatible," having the number on the compatibility list on the back. However, like you are saying, it was not exactly the same, and was too thin.

I haven't really been looking for the last few months, but if I do run across it, I will post. I know there are some stores that specialize in batteries--there are probably online stores of this type, as well.

I found one at Radioshack that was listed as "compatible," having the number on the compatibility list on the back. However, like you are saying, it was not exactly the same, and was too thin.

I haven't really been looking for the last few months, but if I do run across it, I will post. I know there are some stores that specialize in batteries--there are probably online stores of this type, as well.

yup, thats why i ordered mine online, i should get em early next week

Had a problem with my Predator 1 batteries. Didn't come with any! I hit up the local Walgreens and picked up the compatible ones from Energizer and they ended up too thin and didn't make a good connection. Stuffing a thin piece of aluminum foil in between the batteries and connections did the trick for me. Works like a charm!

anyone knows what batteries does the HT T-800 endoskeleton uses ?

Need to get a battery for mine

Getting Batteries Back In Your Figures.

So I removed the batteries from 2 of my Hot Toys figures because I don't activate the LED's enough and I wanted to avoid corrosion. Well I had some people over and they wanted to see War Machine and my Mark IV lit up. I got out the batteries and found it damn near impossible to put them back in especially on the neck compartment of War Machine,that is where I am having the most trouble.
Any suggestions will be appreciated and do these types of batteries even corrode?

*EDIT* HA! They've disabled topics with "Hot Toys" in the title. :lol I had to remove it so I could post this.

Re: Getting Batteries Back In Your Figures.

So I removed the batteries from 2 of my Hot Toys figures because I don't activate the LED's enough and I wanted to avoid corrosion. Well I had some people over and they wanted to see War Machine and my Mark IV lit up. I got out the batteries and found it damn near impossible to put them back in especially on the neck compartment of War Machine,that is where I am having the most trouble.
Any suggestions will be appreciated and do these types of batteries even corrode?

*EDIT* HA! They've disabled topics with "Hot Toys" in the title. :lol I had to remove it so I could post this.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol :yess:

Sorry about that but I still don't see anything about how to put them back in?

Tweezers help, as does having something really thin (like an Xacto knife) close by in case you need something to hold down the metal tabs if they're getting in the way.

And I believe they do corrode after a period of time, pretty much like all batteries. I'm so paranoid about it I'll only leave the batteries in for about a month or so before removing them entirely. That's definitely overkill on my part, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Back