How big is your movie collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voorhees27

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have 190 DVD's and 32 Blu Rays. Now i'm sure I will probably end up with one of the smallest collections here :D

How about you?

If I had to estimate, I'd say about 200+, and by that, I'm thinking unique things, not counting individual discs of box sets. I've got 9 seasons of Seinfeld, 9 of X-Files, 3 of Family Guy, 3 of Greatest American, 4 of The Incredible Hulk, 2 of SeaQuest and 4 of the Pretender in addition to individual movies.

I used to have around 950 DVD's at one point. I used to go out every Tuesday and buy whatever new release struck my eye. After awhile, it became too much of a habit and realized how much money I wasted. So I winded up turning most of them in and I'm happily down to 250 DVD's plus 20 Blu Rays.

I used to have around 950 DVD's at one point. I used to go out every Tuesday and buy whatever new release struck my eye. After awhile, it became too much of a habit and realized how much money I wasted. So I winded up turning most of them in and I'm happily down to 250 DVD's plus 20 Blu Rays.

You say you "turned them in". What do you mean by that?

Before I got into toy collecting, I mostly spent my disposable income on DVDs, CDs, and comic TPBs. I've probably got a bit over 200-300 DVDs at this point, though I've sold a crap-load to FYE. If they didn't have some lame-ass policy about not taking any more used DVDs after they fill up a box in the store, I probably would have returned about 100 more.

I really don't buy many DVDs anymore at all.

i'm at 989 with about 40 blurays in that total. why so exact you ask :naughty well i have a running inventory of excel on my computer along with a alphabatized movie catalogue that we can search for a title when we want to watch something.

all of my movies are also repacked into 7mm cases and new 7mm dvd art to save on space since the 14mm cases take up so much room.
alot of work but it's kinda a hobby for me. very few of them i've ever paid full retail for other than new release giftbox sets, (kinda a fetish of mine):naughty lots of trips to walmart's $5 movie bin.

29uolc6.jpg

Last edited:
hey, as long as they're ones you really like that's cool.

my faves would be serenity, stargate, groundhogs day, scrooged and of course the fifth element.:banana:banana:banana

yeah...i only buy my favorite movies and boxsets, thats why i have so little ......YAY!!

I think i am around the 250-80 mark now, all DVD and hell, come to think of it i have some VCD's laying around as well.

Back