Helmeted Cobra Commander officially confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Q: In regards to your 12″ line, specifically the G.I. Joe line, I was wondering about character variations. We know that Sideshow has their own, unique take on the characters and their looks - and they are absolutely fantastic! My question is if Sideshow is limited to producing only single versions/variations of the characters, or is there a possibility that Sideshow may at some point create alternative variations of the characters? For example, we have a hooded Cobra Commander, but no silver-plated masked Commander. I’m not sure if something like this would require Sideshow to produce a whole new design for such characters, or just simply producing costume/feature additions to interact with the current versions of the 12″ characters. I am interested in how Sideshow will handle characters who through the ages have had many looks and various detail changes. And G.I. Joe is one of those lines that have many of these!

A: We absolutely intend to bring the various significant versions of the main characters to life in product form. Helmeted Cobra Commander is a definite, and the figure will have significant differences from the Hooded Cobra Commander. We regard it as wonderful that there have been so many interpretations of the characters within the original figure line, the 25th Anniversary line, within the comics, and other mediums over the years.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7549&utm_source=wp_news

cobracommander.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

2010??? Wed be lucky to see him by 2015
SS and there stupid ass Q&A, so useless

Like we needed confirmation that SOMEDAY a face plate CC would be done

That's a bit harsh don't you think? I bet we see him before the end of next year, I'd welcome it. The way I see it is some news is better than no news. :dunno

I don't think so. We got Jedi Luke, CIV Luke, Bespin Luke, ANH Luke, and Stormtrooper Luke in only about 3 years. We've already got hooded Cobra Commander and Crimson Cobra Commander. They both sold well so I wouldn't doubt a helmeted Cobra Commander within a year or two.

I would expect it to be silver paint like the original figure. Has Sideshow chromed anything before? They dropped the ball not doing it on the Ark.

Thank God Bradstreet never painted the helmeted version. :D Hopefully SSC will make him look exactly like this:

IMAG000.JPG

Exclusive can be this cape and/or scepter:

cobra_commander.jpg

I was actually thinking that a cape would make some sense for this particular version of CC, because of that scene from the real movie.

However, I fear instead that they might give him a snakeman head. Jesus, I hope not. :monkey4

Leave that crap for the He-Man toys :lol :peace

Back