PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic park Diorama

hardstyle lover
09-23-2009, 04:26 AM
hello there mate's

just wanted to ask sideshow , for maybe 1 or 2 more jurassic park pieces.
the first one was amazing. but why only one? when there's so mutch more nice stuff you can do from the movie.

This would be good looking as a diorama:

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jurassic_park_rex1.jpg

Or this one:

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/j/images/jurassic-park-3-7.jpg

And in the dinosauria branch.

a veloceraptor would be verry nice !

Deckard
09-23-2009, 07:45 AM
I don't see any JP3 pieces happening, it was a huge flop.

But its been said before, its a waste of the license for them to only to that one piece.

I don't care how well recieved their Dinosauria line is, you cannot tell me it's doing anywhere near as well as a Licensed JP piece would. They just botched the paint on the first piece and gave up.

Give us the Rex eating Gennarro off the toilet or Nedry being attacked by a Dilophosaurus. Muldoon being hunted by the raptors, anything.

dansdinosaurs
09-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Sideshow has already mentioned that they're not currently working on another JP piece, and are instead focusing on Dinosauria (which suits me just fine). If we do see another JP piece from Sideshow, I suspect it won't be for a while.

FelMar
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't see any JP3 pieces happening, it was a huge flop.

But its been said before, its a waste of the license for them to only to that one piece.

I don't care how well recieved their Dinosauria line is, you cannot tell me it's doing anywhere near as well as a Licensed JP piece would. They just botched the paint on the first piece and gave up.

Give us the Rex eating Gennarro off the toilet or Nedry being attacked by a Dilophosaurus. Muldoon being hunted by the raptors, anything.

Totally agree...

The dinosauria line isn't doing well..
most are still available and they are selling for quite less on ebaY.

A good JP line would be great and the pieces would be hard to come by if done correctly with a nice ES.

Its too bad.

Ktjn
09-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Only thing that would sell well for JP is a massive rex PF

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jurassic_park_rex1.jpg

which should have been the first piece.

I kinda knew the dinosauria line wouldn't sell all that well. Some of the statues are too plain, like the stuff you can get at the mueseum. <--said that at the start of the line.

dansdinosaurs
09-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Dinosaurs consistently sell well, actually. They might not have big-budget films to back them up every year like some comic book franchises, but dinosaurs hold universal appeal. Two hundred years from now, a child will recognize a Tyrannosaurus. The same cannot be said for Iron Man.

That being said, Jurassic Park is definitely a big franchise lure for mainstream consumers. I know that my JP dioramas generate substantially more traffic in my store than the Dinosauria pieces, for that reason.

hardstyle lover
09-23-2009, 12:49 PM
i have to say the dinosauria line is quitte nice , the rex does not have the same head as the JP rex , but it's ok.

rex vs triceratops is also nice, carantosaurus or whats its name is also verry nice , but the size , there just to damn small.

here in belgium the retaill price for the JP diorama is: 299 euro's
so in dollars its almost 448 - 450 dollars

hardstyle lover
09-23-2009, 12:55 PM
ow yeah, i'm also looking for a velociraptor model , something like the one's in JP.

does anybody know something?

Spiker
09-23-2009, 01:07 PM
THIS would be THE diorama scene i would buy in a heartbeat. Same scale as their first diorama would be a good size. Including both cars. 1 wrecked on the head, on with Malcolm in it. Of course with the broken fence in the background. Could not imagine a greater scene. I remember beeing breathless in the cinema while watching this for the first time.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3614/jurassicin9.jpg

dansdinosaurs
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
The reason the Dinosauria Rex has a different head is because it's based more closely on an actual Tyrannosaurus skull. The Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus was made to look more fearsome with a few enhancements, such as the orbital osteoderms, which give it that "angry" look.

hardstyle lover
09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
THIS would be THE diorama scene i would buy in a heartbeat. Same scale as their first diorama would be a good size. Including both cars. 1 wrecked on the head, on with Malcolm in it. Of course with the broken fence in the background. Could not imagine a greater scene. I remember beeing breathless in the cinema while watching this for the first time.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3614/jurassicin9.jpg

Got to agree with you on that one ! would make a great diorama , also the scene where the rex comes out of the woods to take a galaminus down.

http://thumbs.filmstarts.de/wallpaper/JurassicPark06.jpg

But if i have one thing to say about the picture you showed , i would like this one better :

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/t-rex-jurassic-park.jpg

MrStayPuft
09-25-2009, 11:37 PM
IAN, FREEZE!

sorry, just had to quote that scene. But gosh, I really hope this line continues.

Spiker
09-26-2009, 01:47 AM
I just love that scene. if Sideshow does not bring it i will build one myself someday. Have the Horizon Rex here and it is a perfect size for this.

hardstyle lover
09-26-2009, 04:39 PM
IAN, FREEZE!

sorry, just had to quote that scene. But gosh, I really hope this line continues.

IAN FREEZE! GET RID OF THE FLARE !!!!!!

run!!! get to the chopper :lol

hardstyle lover
09-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I just love that scene. if Sideshow does not bring it i will build one myself someday. Have the Horizon Rex here and it is a perfect size for this.

nice :D

i'm going to find me a sculpter here in belgium , and i think i'm going to let him do a diorame from JP for me.
already asked him for a life size Velociraptor head, could cost me about 400 dollars, but not like felmar's, its a nice piece, but i want it to be more brutal
with the teeth shown!

the only problem for a diorame is that i want the one with ian or allen , but the jeeps have to be in it , and i want them to be fully detailed:sick

hardstyle lover
09-26-2009, 04:45 PM
and i have to say one thing

Jurassic park , for a movie that was made in the year 1993

the cgi looks ^^^^ing amazing , i will show this pic again, if you look at the rex , it's just beautifull

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/t-rex-jurassic-park.jpg

holtrax
09-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I think the jp dinosaurs from the first film are the most realistic ever seen on film. That film was just perfect. I remember going to watch it in the theatre as a teen and just being blown away by the special effects.

The t-rex looks so real its hard to tell whats cgi and whats animatronics.

Voix
09-26-2009, 06:34 PM
If they could make a rex maquette that looked like this (http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=93647), I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. :whip

MrStayPuft
09-26-2009, 10:26 PM
I think the jp dinosaurs from the first film are the most realistic ever seen on film. That film was just perfect. I remember going to watch it in the theatre as a teen and just being blown away by the special effects.

The t-rex looks so real its hard to tell whats cgi and whats animatronics.

I agree. It's sad to think that it's 2009, and still nothing has come even close to beating the dinos in Jurassic Park.

crystalbaud
09-26-2009, 10:33 PM
If they could make a rex maquette that looked like this (http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=93647), I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. :whip

Here here. That's a scale many are looking for.

SimFeliz
09-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I don't care how well received their Dinosauria line is, you cannot tell me it's doing anywhere near as well as a Licensed JP piece would.

The dinosauria line isn't doing well..
most are still available and they are selling for quite less on ebaY.
A good JP line would be great and the pieces would be hard to come by if done correctly with a nice ES.

I don't agree, what evidence do you have that you have come to the conclusion a 'better' JP line would out do Dinosauria? With 5 dioramas/Maquette and 2 soon to be announced, this line must be doing strong for SS to continue.I was disappointed to hear that there is a pretty low chance of them revisiting JP, but to be honest If I had the choice between the two I would go with Dinosauria.

carantosaurus or whats its name is also very nice , but the size , there just to damn small.

Here here. That's a scale many are looking for.

Have you seen them in person? IMO there size is just right. Big enough for plenty of detail and to look impressive on display, yet not so big they take up too much room.
As nice as that JP Rex looks ,and I would love to have, it's just too big. Imagine if SS when with that scale, I sure as hell wouldn't have the room.

hardstyle lover
09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
got to agree with you on that one mate

a 5 foot rex is real nice, but still to damn big. i would love to have one in my collection ofcourse , but the room would also be an issue

i don't have any dinosaurs yet in my collection. because i'm looking to get costum made work first. but if that doesn't happen
the carontosaurus is my first buy , the rex is sold out here in belgium

hardstyle lover
09-27-2009, 12:13 PM
plz sideshow do a velociraptor piece like the ones in jurassic park in the attack pose.
a little bit like in this scene , just before the rex grabs her

http://www.aycyas.com/JP93-veloc6.jpg

hardstyle lover
09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
any one else got any comments on this issue :D

Deckard
09-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't agree, what evidence do you have that you have come to the conclusion a 'better' JP line would out do Dinosauria? With 5 dioramas/Maquette and 2 soon to be announced, this line must be doing strong for SS to continue.I was disappointed to hear that there is a pretty low chance of them revisiting JP, but to be honest If I had the choice between the two I would go with Dinosauria.

Simple they wouldn't just be catering to fans of dinosaurs, but fans of movies and fans of Stan Winston. And the market for those collectibles is far larger.

dansdinosaurs
09-30-2009, 01:02 PM
And the market for those collectibles is far larger.

Source? :D

Deckard
09-30-2009, 01:05 PM
The boards your on. Theres what 4 dinosaur threads, how many of the collectibles here are Stan Winston related. Don't get me wrong I think the Dinosauria line has produced great pieces, but now that they seem to have corrected any painting issues they should give JP another crack. Most people seemed to pass on the first JP piece because the colors or details were not faithful to the film.

dansdinosaurs
09-30-2009, 01:09 PM
See, that is not actually a "random" sample of the population. This is a Sideshow board, so it's obviously going to be skewed toward comic and movie fans. But as I said earlier, even a big film like Jurassic Park is not going to be remembered as long as the actual dinosaurs themselves.

Deckard
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
See, that is not actually a "random" sample of the population. This is a Sideshow board, so it's obviously going to be skewed toward comic and movie fans. But as I said earlier, even a big film like Jurassic Park is not going to be remembered as long as the actual dinosaurs themselves.

Fair enough then how about JPtoys, even there more people are still preferring to buy old JP toys from ebay then new pieces from Sideshow. And yea its JP toys but mostly everyone there is a dinosaur fan in gerneral, the regulars anyway. It just seems like if your a fan of Dinosaurs in general, your probably going to buy a really nice JP piece while if your just a Jurassic Park fan, your probably not going to buy a random Carnotaurus.

dansdinosaurs
09-30-2009, 01:13 PM
All things being equal, wouldn't you expect people to buy more old toys than triple-digit statues?

IrishJedi
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2077/3527633782_54d138b112.jpg

Deckard
09-30-2009, 01:20 PM
All things being equal, wouldn't you expect people to buy more old toys than triple-digit statues?

Nowadays with collectors I'm not so sure. I think you underestimate old toys, find me a MIB JPS2 Carno from 93 for less then $300 and maybe you'll have me. But I'm talking specificly about people who stated they'd rather wait for something licensed and spend there money on that.

As I said, I think most fans of Dinosaurs probably are fans of Jurassic Park, all wrong things like a Dilo doesnt spit Venom, aside. While most fans of film and Jurassic Park or Stan Winston aren't just going to buy any random dinosaur statue.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2077/3527633782_54d138b112.jpg

"That... is one big pile of ^^^^."

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj32/deckard86/a-1.jpg

dansdinosaurs
09-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh no, I'm not underestimating the value of some of the older toys. Heck, I paid $300 for my Battat Diplodocus. Why? Because it's beautiful, and in my opinion, far prettier than the sought-after JP Carno. But again, I'm talking about the big picture. Superheroes, even the most popular ones, have only been around a few decades. The dinosaurs had a slightly longer legacy. :D

Deckard
09-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh no, I'm not underestimating the value of some of the older toys. Heck, I paid $300 for my Battat Diplodocus. Why? Because it's beautiful, and in my opinion, far prettier than the sought-after JP Carno. But again, I'm talking about the big picture. Superheroes, even the most popular ones, have only been around a few decades. The dinosaurs had a slightly longer legacy. :D

True but when were dinosaurs actually discovered by man? I'm sure something is still around from that same day and age that is popular entertainment in some form. Theatre most likely. But now I don't know what were really disputing...

hardstyle lover
09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
first of all , deckard , love the quote!

But, Deckard. If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists. :joy

and i am myself a big fan of stan winston, offcourse i think everyone here is.
but that's not the point. the point is sideshow is wasting to mutch money on star wars items & alien items. (no offence)
ok star wars are good movie's, but the avp's sucked!!!

myself i'm a big terminator, alien & predator fan. but some of the latest alien pieces aren't verry entertaining.

like i said before , how come nobody has ever done a velociraptor! for me the rex & the raptors are the most beautifull dinosaurs ever to have walked the earth. (dilophosaurus also)

But give us something people , i want a raptor :(:banghead

Kyuzo
09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll weigh in by asserting my love affair with dinosaurs preceded Crichton's novel and Winston's groundbreaking work. There's no denying that to the lay public at large, the JP franchise is dinosaurs. I also sense that some fans of the Dinosauria line are better informed and versed in paleontology having kept up on the latest research and therefor have developed a deeper appreciation of dinos as once living animals vs. hollywood monsters. This is in general agreement with dinosaurdan's argument that though people may remember JP now, the allure of dinosaurs in general will outlast the franchise. Who remembers Waterhouse Hawkins creations from 19th century London? Widespread press and throngs of visitors at the time haven't saved it from present day obscurity.

The main reason SS probably won't be continuing the JP line may be economic. I too would love to see a well executed JP dio but why pay high licensing costs when they can let their own in-house talent off the leash? Personally I'm less interested whether something sells well than if it appeals to me on an aesthetic level which often confines me to the minority. For now the appeal to me is more science than science fiction.

mikkipog
10-03-2009, 07:03 AM
I'll weigh in by asserting my love affair with dinosaurs preceded Crichton's novel and Winston's groundbreaking work. There's no denying that to the lay public at large, the JP franchise is dinosaurs. I also sense that some fans of the Dinosauria line are better informed and versed in paleontology having kept up on the latest research and therefor have developed a deeper appreciation of dinos as once living animals vs. hollywood monsters. This is in general agreement with dinosaurdan's argument that though people may remember JP now, the allure of dinosaurs in general will outlast the franchise. Who remembers Waterhouse Hawkins creations from 19th century London? Widespread press and throngs of visitors at the time haven't saved it from present day obscurity.

The main reason SS probably won't be continuing the JP line may be economic. I too would love to see a well executed JP dio but why pay high licensing costs when they can let their own in-house talent off the leash? Personally I'm less interested whether something sells well than if it appeals to me on an aesthetic level which often confines me to the minority. For now the appeal to me is more science than science fiction.

well said bro!

and for those who are saying that sideshow's dinosauria line is not successfull, well, let me tell you this, only in the latest sideshow's newsletter was it stated that the jp dio was finally out of stock! imagine how long it took that piece to actually sell out from the time it was released! years! and still, waitlist is available. the dinosauria pieces sold out pretty fast.

don't get me wrong, at first i was also happy with my jp piece, but when i got my rex vs trike dinosauria dio, now, i'm planning to sell my jurassic park dio.

i love jurassic park, i love dinosaurs, but if any of these isn't executed well, i'd go with the other. right now, the very first and only jp piece was mediocre, at least for the paintjob, compared to dinosauria, which already has a 5-piece line up of absolutely stunning products! i really don't think there is even a contest to start with. no-brainer really.

Scar
10-03-2009, 07:12 AM
I hadn't realized that we started another topic for this! :lol No plans in the immediate future for further JP collectibles, and I adore the Dinosauria line and the creative freedom it affords the SS team... that being said, I've posted this JP Wish List before. I post it again because I would love to see all of these following made in some way, shape, or form. Some are more realistic (the maquettes and dioramas) some I would enjoy but don't view as very likely (12" human characters).

A 1/6 scale Dilophosaurus maquette with frill fully extended in attack position (all the vibrant colors and an extra coat of gloss on the frill would make for a breathtaking creature)

Velociraptor 1:1 bust, foot claw, or 1/6 scale maquette (either the versions from JP or TLW would do fine, being that both had different color schemes, the males in TLW having tiger stripes, the females having slightly less vibrant stripes, and the females in JP having the mottled brown coloration)

A 1/4 scale T.rex bust, 1/6 scale T.rex maquette; my dream would be for a 1/6 maquette set of the TLW T.rex family, catching the intricate details distinguishing the male and female, with the female in light brown/tan with brown stripes, and the male having largely green mixed with brown, yellow/tan stripes, battle scars, and an added neck wattle. That's a bit overly wishful on my part, but it would be a dream come true. A bust of the male T.rex has many possibilities to capture so many details.

1:1 compy maquettes (what collector wouldn't want to have one of these little fellows perched on their desk with that inquisitive yet slightly sinister gaze)

12" John Hammond
12" Robert Muldoon
12" Alan Grant
12" Ian Malcolm
12" Roland Tembo

I've seen many versions of Hammond's cane done in the past, but none appear to be really true to the film version. A replica of the cane would be snatched up in abundance.

Incidentally I'm all for diorama pieces here as well. Imagine the JP T.rex hovering over a Ford Explorer, the Velociraptor pair stalking in the kitchen, Nedry being assailed by the juvenile Dilophosaur with frill exposed, or even the TLW adult T.rex pair stalking outside the trailer. The possibilities here are seemingly endless. We need to get on this and see what Sideshow can do! They are doubtless capable of manufacturing many if not all of these in brilliant quality!

The impetus for halting the JP line is grounded in the licensing fees, which frankly I can't blame SS for circumventing. Universal has the unpleasant habit of milking every cash cow, no matter how beefy, until it is tried up, frail, and welcoming death. Enter the JAWS sequels and JPIII. JP renewed the public fascination with prehistoric fauna. For that reason alone, if for no other, we should hold JP in high regard.

Scar
10-03-2009, 07:47 AM
The boards your on. Theres what 4 dinosaur threads, how many of the collectibles here are Stan Winston related. Don't get me wrong I think the Dinosauria line has produced great pieces, but now that they seem to have corrected any painting issues they should give JP another crack. Most people seemed to pass on the first JP piece because the colors or details were not faithful to the film.

Now I'm just going to go and hazard a guess here and say that SS has a long history of working closely with SWS, produces Terminator, Alien, and Predator collectibles, so one would expect a SSC forum to have a vast quantity more fans of Stan's work than, say, paleontology as a whole. Now go to any number of paleo collectible forums and notice aaaaaaall of the topics about dinosaurs in general, and the relatively small number of Stan Winston threads. It's not random sampling. It's selecting a specific demographic and drawing a foregone conclusion based on a limited population with a predisposition. Obviously the majority population here has a high affection for SWS, but you'll notice a large number of SWS fans are also fans of dinosaurs in general. The number of paleo posts are largely equivalent to the number of JP posts on this forum. Rightly so. I would love it if SS would produce both, but I understand 1.) the exorbitant licensing fees, 2.) not wanting to leave consumers jaded with such magnificent creatures by flooding the market with more than one line of dinosaur-related high-end collectibles, and 3.) the hope not to invite comparison between their own line of original statues which are literally a form of paleoart, and Stan Winston's own paleoart in the form of the JP dinosaurs. The SS Dinosauria pieces have the potential to depict any and all dinosaurs in a manner faithful to current paleontological science, whereas the JP dinos have a very specific look which, while not always the most accurate, is irrefutably breathtaking. There's merit to be found in the production of both Dinosauria and JP products, though for the moment I'm glad SS is just sticking with Dinosauria. Let them revisit JP for the 20th Anniversary. By then my bank account will have swelled enough to accommodate both Dinosauria and JP products concurrently.

Superheroes, even the most popular ones, have only been around a few decades. The dinosaurs had a slightly longer legacy. :D

And hero/villain mythology is ultimately rooted in predator/prey relationships. Sentries and alpha individuals in herbivorous species are those which stand apart from the rest of the herd, putting themselves in harm's way to protect the "masses" from the vicious onslaught of ruthless, cunning predators that exploit any and all possible weaknesses to see through their intended goals. It's no coincidence that a collectible company largely dealing in superhero products uncovered a niche market for dinosaurs among its consumer base. :D

hardstyle lover
10-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Scar , thx for sharing your JP enthousiasm, and your idea's

i love the stuff you would like made by sideshow!
my biggist wish is the velociraptor , a PF would also be nice hehe
but we will have to wait huh guys

also you where talking about the rex family

i expecially love the scene in the lost world , where eddy is trying to save the trailer with the mercedes SUV , when the rexes come on boulth sides of the car

would love to see that one in diorama

Spiker
10-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Ok here my wishlist :D:

JP:
Diorama Line (best in 1:18 scale)

1. T-Rex attacking Jeeps
2. Sick Triceratops
3. Dilophosaurus attacks Nedry (Nedry on his bottom, Spitter takes first spit and a partly Jeep Wrangler with working lights to get the movie atmosphere).
4. Raptors attack Muldoon
5. Raptors in the kitchen

In a smaller scale (maybe like SS Look Sir Droids Diorama):
1. Brachiosaur eating from the leafs and standing on the hindlegs
2. Gallimimus stampede

Maquettes:
1. 1:12 T-Rex
2. 1:6 Raptor
3. 1:6 Dilophosaurus
4. 1:18 Brachiosaurus
5. 1:6 Gallimimus

Wallmounts/Busts:
1. 1:5 T-Rex
2. 1:1 Raptor

Sorry i leave out 1:6 figures. I really can't believe these will sell well.

hardstyle lover
10-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok here my wishlist :D:

JP:
Diorama Line (best in 1:18 scale)

1. T-Rex attacking Jeeps
2. Sick Triceratops
3. Dilophosaurus attacks Nedry (Nedry on his bottom, Spitter takes first spit and a partly Jeep Wrangler with working lights to get the movie atmosphere).
4. Raptors attack Muldoon
5. Raptors in the kitchen

In a smaller scale (maybe like SS Look Sir Droids Diorama):
1. Brachiosaur eating from the leafs and standing on the hindlegs
2. Gallimimus stampede

Maquettes:
1. 1:12 T-Rex
2. 1:6 Raptor
3. 1:6 Dilophosaurus
4. 1:18 Brachiosaurus
5. 1:6 Gallimimus

Wallmounts/Busts:
1. 1:5 T-Rex
2. 1:1 Raptor

Sorry i leave out 1:6 figures. I really can't believe these will sell well.

damn that all sounds so nice , i'm drooling like hell here hahaha

Scar
10-04-2009, 09:48 PM
The Velociraptors in the kitchen would make sense as a diorama, but not Muldoon's demise. Muldoon's death was one entirely of shock value with the alpha female showing immediately to the left of Muldoon's face as he fixes his aim on the other raptor. The attack makes the situation for the survivors all the more dire when we realize that this man, who knows more about Velociraptors behaviorally than any other human, and who has hunted "most things that can hunt you", was killed quite deftly by the Velociraptors which managed to sneak to within literally inches of him before Muldoon realized survival was an impossibility. The scene happens extremely quickly, it's extremely grisly... and unfortunately Bob Peck is no longer with us. It's a visceral attack wherein the "great white hunter" is eaten alive, very unlike the equally shocking but much grander and less gut-wrenching attack upon the Velociraptors by the Tyrannosaur. Seeing Tim and Lex cowering around the kitchen counters with the Velociraptors patrolling the aisles has a much higher likelihood.

hardstyle lover
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
i agree scar, but in the final scene, when grant and the kids come in to the main hall ,just before the Rex starts eating the raptors , would also make a great dio i think.

where grant keeps elli & the kids behind him, and 2 raptors are coming from left & right

nathanial91
10-06-2009, 03:27 PM
now this is what the t-rex maquette should be
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/nathanial91/2667-0076c1-1.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/nathanial91/2667-0076d1-1.jpg

hardstyle lover
10-06-2009, 04:19 PM
HOLY CRAP :horror:google:horror

where did you find that masterpiece my man , i love it :duff

Bamboota
10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
This video has nothing to do with Jurrasic Park...but it has to do with Dinosaurs!! Check it out IT'S AWESOME!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds4eDwEW1qw

BTW...THAT PIECE IS AMAZING!

dansdinosaurs
10-06-2009, 09:27 PM
A 1:18 Brach? C'mon, Scar. That's pushin' it. :D

bearmodel
10-06-2009, 09:51 PM
now this is what the t-rex maquette should be
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/nathanial91/2667-0076c1-1.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/nathanial91/2667-0076d1-1.jpg

This is from Stan Winston private collection that is up for auction. When I saw this I was drooling for 2 days.... I love it.

Oh, how I wish Sideshow would do something like this for us. Maybe someday somebody will....

Can you hear me Sideshow? Can you????

jaxon
10-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I can see why Sideshow has put a halt on this from a business perspective, but from a collectors point of view this is very annoying. That maquette is exactly what they should make!
No need to alter, direct from the molds at Stan Winston to you.

hardstyle lover
10-07-2009, 04:56 AM
This video has nothing to do with Jurrasic Park...but it has to do with Dinosaurs!! Check it out IT'S AWESOME!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds4eDwEW1qw

BTW...THAT PIECE IS AMAZING!

that video are a couple of dino's from dinosauria , a show here in europe

i went to see the full show last month , verry specatacular

spares no exspence

hardstyle lover
10-07-2009, 04:58 AM
yes sideshow ! now listen up

where gonna do this smooth & by the numbers!

plz make us a nice piece

Reinhardt
10-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Awesome link Bamboota. I'm really bummed I missed them when they came into town. Hopefully I'll catch the show some other time.

hardstyle lover
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
feinhardt you'll love it

Scar
10-08-2009, 07:31 AM
A 1:18 Brach? C'mon, Scar. That's pushin' it. :D

That's what makes it a wishlist, Dan. It's intended to push the envelope and make people think about possibility, not necessarily probability. ;)

Wow. That SWS T.rex is absolutely breathtaking... though I will still say that in light of Stan's recent death, I find these auctions more than a touch indelicate. Long live Stan the Man.

Spiker
10-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Wow. That SWS T.rex is absolutely breathtaking... though I will still say that in light of Stan's recent death, I find these auctions more than a touch indelicate. Long live Stan the Man.

As far as i know the auctions where started long before Stan's death.
(I think one year ago or something). I was looking at Profiles in History and only thought "why the hell is he doing this????"...
When hearing from his death i suddenly knew why...
very sad... R.I.P. Stan, you will never be forgotten!

hardstyle lover
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
yeah , movie's will never be the same without stan!

we miss you man!

nathanial91
10-10-2009, 04:23 PM
As long a they get the creatures "JP" anatomically correct and the colours right, I'll be happy.
Although I would like a Dynamically posed T-rex maquette and quite Large, maybe 1/6 or 1/8 scale, that would be awesome

hardstyle lover
10-10-2009, 06:49 PM
As long a they get the creatures "JP" anatomically correct and the colours right, I'll be happy.
Although I would like a Dynamically posed T-rex maquette and quite Large, maybe 1/6 or 1/8 scale, that would be awesome

i agree mate

nathanial91
10-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I think a poll is in order to see which people would buy more of, because I'm sure a T-Rex collectible made to look like the ones from Jurassic Park will most definately sell better than any other type T-Rex be a 'walking with dinosaurs' or a totally original design

hardstyle lover
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM
hmm a poll sounds good

but i would like to see a velociraptor statue or something in the poll to (jurassic park 1 of 3 type)

but how do you start a poll here?

nathanial91
10-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I think we'll need a new thread, put I think it'll support the idea that we want Jurassic Park stuff if enough people vote

hardstyle lover
10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
just started one with the pol

i added my own choises 2 of them and 2 public choises

like the rex maquette (yours) and dylophosaurus maquette or statue