HT military????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't noticed anything released or announced in a good while. They must not make the same kinds of profits as they do with the geeky stuff.

yeah the secret service were the las ones done.
i hope they continue, more pmcs, and a freaking CRYE multicam for crying outloud

don't think it's that, i think they have not been told NO on a movie liscense they REALLY want in a while, and needed something to do with the prototype headsculpt :lol

Given that we just got the British Tank Commanders and Secret Service Agents, I doubt the line is dead. I just think they're taking a breather to focus on their licensed characters for the moment. We should see at least one other release before the end of the year.

Given that we just got the British Tank Commanders and Secret Service Agents, I doubt the line is dead. I just think they're taking a breather to focus on their licensed characters for the moment. We should see at least one other release before the end of the year.

hmmm makes sense I guess.

Their Military line is definately on a temporary hiatis. Like EF eluded to, their bread and butter is the MM line, and nobody even comes close to what they do.

I have quite a bit of HT Military from their early releases to present, but there is new player in town:

soldierstory.jpg

I'm interested in what HT has up their sleeve if and when they come back, but I'm not holding my breath. It will probably be another sniper with more recycled parts.

As for now, I'm more than happy with what SS is doing with their mix of Modern, other interesting eras, and subjects.:monkey5

How do the Soldier Story figures compare to the Hot Toys Military line? I'm thinking of grabbing the SFOD(Delta) and Navy Seal figures that SS have.
Since we havn't seen anything interesting for a while from Hot Toys Military I'm thinking of branching out into the SS line.

How do the Soldier Story figures compare to the Hot Toys Military line? I'm thinking of grabbing the SFOD(Delta) and Navy Seal figures that SS have.
Since we havn't seen anything interesting for a while from Hot Toys Military I'm thinking of branching out into the SS line.

Well IMO I think SS figures stack up very well against HT's. SS figures usually come jam packed with accessories, and HT does a good job in that department as well. HT TT bodies are probably the best out there in terms of durability, poseability, parts interchangeability with other manafuctures BBi, DiD. SS's S2 body is equally comparable, can be picked up way cheaper, but is limited in terms of head swapping options with other manufacturers.

One of the areas that I think SS absolutely shines is their weapons. They have working slides/bolts, great detail and weathering, and some you can actually load little bullets in the magazine! My favorite weapon at the moment is their HK416.:monkey5 HT weapons on the other hand, are generally oversized, don't have as nice detail/weathering, but they have improved lately in making them more in scale.

One minor flaw with SS is the plastic they use. It seems to be very brittle, and you must use extreme care when putting stuff together as it it very easy to break things. If they were to use a better plastic they would be absolutely ace. Lastly SS figures usually sell from $85-$95 (recent exemption $105 FCS figure), and HT usually sell for $115.

I have both the SFOD, and ST 10 figures, and they are among my favorite figs, I would highly recommend them. They are getting hard to find, and are suprisingly going up in value.

The SFOD figure seems to based on some of the operators seen in this cool video:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vzHqqTmSnC0&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/vzHqqTmSnC0&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Last edited:
where do you guys get your SS stuff from?? they dont seem to be available in the uk :monkey2

where do you guys get your SS stuff from?? they dont seem to be available in the uk :monkey2

For you guys across the pond, there doesn't seem to be too many options other than HK ebayers. I believe there is only one dealer that stocks limited SS in Oz as well.

Not a big fan of HT military but i think they have moved mostly to the movie franchise.

i'm happy with soldier story... in fact i think they're superior to HT. bodies have higher range of movement, weapons are more detailed, articulate and not to mention accurate. their headsculpts are improving too. only problem is the gear lacks weathering... too bright and clean. easily solvable though.

HT have overall better headsculpts, figures can stand well thanks to molded boots, but the figure designs are less authentic... they tend to over-accessorize... they're more in for the cool factor.

HT still puts out military figures, just not very often.

Yeh, but the last ones were well over half a year ago. The CIA and British Blues and Royals were the last ones. Unless there has been a new figure released that I don't know about.

Back