MLB-2009 Push for the World Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
Don't think we have a 2009 Baseball thread so since the playoffs are coming figured I start one.

So it seems the AL will be Detroit, New York, Anaheim and Boston holding strong to the wildcard, with Minnesota as an darkhorse chance at making a run at Detroit for the Central.

In the NL its LA, Philly, St Louis and my Mile-Hi club in the wildcard, with the Giants trying to make a run at the Rockies.

I know there are a lot of Boston fans :monkey4 ;). Who else is following?

Me, though my team went into the toilet right off the bat. We have a ^^^^ty owner.

Anyway, if Michigan doesn't pick it up, they're gonna blow it, but I really don't care that much. I want anyone but Boston or NY Yankees to win it all.

would love to see the Rockies get a second crack at the Red Sox, this time without the ridiculous 9 day layoff and without the lame ticket policy the rockies had that allowed out of town Boston fans to snatch all the tickets away (this year you had to preregister with the website to qualify for tickets.)

would love to see the Rockies get a second crack at the Red Sox, this time without the ridiculous 9 day layoff and without the lame ticket policy the rockies had that allowed out of town Boston fans to snatch all the tickets away (this year you had to preregister with the website to qualify for tickets.)

Rockies would get swept agian if they rematched Boston. :lecture

Red Sox.....FTW. :cool:

I support my boys, but it's been an iffy season, a lot of folks playing out of character this year, but I'm hoping the playoff spirit might get some fire out of them that's been lagging in the season.

I'm kinda crossing fingers they stall clinching the Wild Card, I have tickets to the 2nd to last game of the season and I'd love if that was THE game to do it and I could say I was there.

My Indians have won three in a row. Too little, too late. We have a minor league team now. Damn Dolan! :monkey4

Sox squeaked in, I'm not worried about the Angels, we always seem to have an easy time with them in the playoffs, though I don't imagine a sweep like past years, but come ALCS, it's going to be another mess with the Yankees.

NLE-PHI-Insignia.png

"World champions..... WORLD ^^^^ING CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was encouraging to see Lester bounce back so well last night after taking that line drive off the knee in his last outing. It'll be interesting to see how Beckett looks tomorrow.

It was encouraging to see Lester bounce back so well last night after taking that line drive off the knee in his last outing. It'll be interesting to see how Beckett looks tomorrow.

Beckett is the wild card in all of this for the Sox. I love the Sox, I'm still scared about the Yankees. They've been dominating all year and I really think they are going to wind up taking the whole thing this year.

Back