Should I sell most of my Marvel Collection for a CM Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I sell most of my Marvel collection for a CM Predator?

• Total voters

jye4ever

Broke and happy
Reaction score
I need to hear your opinions on this one.

Let me just get this out of the way, this Thread simply wouldn't exist if I was a wealthy muther^^^^er, nuff said!

I fell in love so much with the CM Predator that I'm considering selling my:

CIM Ex
Spiderman Ex
Thing PF Ex
Cap Reg PF
Punisher Reg PF
Custom 1/4 Scale Hulk

All for $1,900.00 plus shipping so then I could go ahead and purchase the CM Predator with whatever additional costs I would have to put out.

My collection would then consist of:

1:2 Scale IM
CM Predator
CM Superman
Wolverine Comiquette (he's not going anywhere, he was my first SS piece)
Hulk PF (also not going anywhere until I see what the Hulk comiquette looks like than maybe.....maybe I might let him go)
Thor PF (just too nice to let go)
Punisher Comiquette

You can see how the 1 IM and 2 CM's are consuming most of my budget I have allocated for this awesome hobby-way of life.

So, have I completely lost it?

Has anyone ever encountered a similar situation where 1 statue made you begin having crazy thoughts on what your collection should consist of?

What say you?

Joe

HELL No.

Edit: That's weird, I guess if you type in all caps, something switches it to lowercase by default.

If you can find a way to keep cap I would. Cap is another statue that has a presence to it.

Not that I've seen it in person but that pred statue just looks huge and bad ass. Since you already have a couple CM's I think it would enhance your collection.

As Gruson always says quality over quanitity!!

It depends on how much you love the Cinemaquette Predator. I love that piece as well, but I'm just trying to save up some money to eventually buy one. It'd be really hard to see my Hot Toys figures and Sideshow statues go.

I think you should try to keep most of them. If you prefer some of the doubles you have like the Punisher Comiquette over the Punisher PF or the Hulk PF over the Custom Hulk, you should sell the one you like least and keep the other one. That way you can still keep the representation of the character you like in your collection and make some extra money for the cinemaquette.

You may also want to set aside a hundred or two every month as a Cinemaquette Predator fund. You'll have the money in no time.

Sounds like a good move for you. seems you have your mind made up already about the direction you want to go with your collection..:)

If you can find a way to keep cap I would. Cap is another statue that has a presence to it.

Not that I've seen it in person but that pred statue just looks huge and bad ass. Since you already have a couple CM's I think it would enhance your collection.

As Gruson always says quality over quanitity!!

Actually, I own no CM's yet, Pred would be first and I'm saving up for Superman for when preordering begins spring 2010.

Iron Child I have already layed out a deposit.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would.

Then a few months after that, make a thread for selling your CM pred to get back into marvel. :lol

Actually if you're saving up for Superman and the funding for Iron Toddler, $100 a month might be more difficult than I first imagined.

My new strategy is to sell your blood once every day.

The PFs you listed were never among my faves, so if you have fallen that hard for the Pred then do it.

Not only that but most if not all PFs will eventually be re-released as Comiquettes. :lecture

And yes, to answer the question in your first post....

You have completely lost it.

Edit: And I felt the need to add this: :lol (So that you know I'm joking around with you.)

Last edited:
The CM Predator is amazing, but I am still a bit worried about the long-term survivability of the CM material. I also agree that quality > quantity, but you should NOT get rid of Cap. He is one of the top PFs out there and really stands out. Have you considered the Sideshow Predator PF instead?

I know how you feel about want a new/high-end item; I have been considering selling all my Bowen to fund a Doom PF, but just haven't got the balls yet to pull the trigger on that.

I didn't vote btw.

Oh, wow. I just looked at the poll results and this is a first: Chapter, Bodie, AND Shai all agreeing on the SAME thing.

Back