Hot Toys Highlander-Do you think WE could make it happen ????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tys1977

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've posted this over at OSW also,

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I would love to see in 1/6 from Hot Toys,
I own the Sideshow Highlander figures but would love to see Hot Toys interpretation of them,
I've sent a mail to them asking whether or not they would be interested in doing the line,
So far I've recieved a mail saying that my mail has been referred to there creative department for consideration,
I was wondering if you folks could maybe send in a mail yourselves (if you are interested of course) to Hot Toys with the same kind of hopes as myself,

Imagine........... A Hot Toys Medievil Kurgan,
Ramirez
McLeod

What do you think guys??? are you in ???

Link below for there Ideas mail

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?...ge_id=cservice

Kindest regards
Tys

Gifking1.gif

Gifking1.gif

Gifking1.gif
Gifking1.gif
Gifking1.gif
Gifking1.gif

Gifking1.gif

Gifking1.gif

Gifking1.gif

Gifking1.gif

Might be time someone started a krusade.

Against all these HT wish list threads. Can't some mod combine them all. Adoptedscot I'ma lookin at you. :monkey3

WOW,
Thanks for all the friendly replies everyone :confused:

The sort of sarcasm I normally get from my teenage Son, nice!!!

I'm done with this board,
Only came over here recently from the OSW as someone said this board was more aimed at Film/TV figures :banghead

WOW,
Thanks for all the friendly replies everyone :confused:

The sort of sarcasm I normally get from my teenage Son, nice!!!

I'm done with this board,
Only came over here recently from the OSW as someone said this board was more aimed at Film/TV figures :banghead

Hey tys. For what it's worth, welcome to the board. It's sad to see you go so soon after joining. Sometimes this place can be pretty crazy with bickering and bashing of new members. If you want to hear people argue over the eye sockets of an alien figure, the fatness of a Batman toy, or the undeniable fact (their opinion) that comiquettes are better than premium formats, then I suggest you stay.

To answer your question about Highlander, I don't think Hot Toys will pick up the license, unfortunately. Hot Toys seems to focus on the heavy hitters like Alien or Predator and new movies like The Dark Knight and Iron Man. However, they have picked up old Sideshow licenses like Planet of the Apes and made obscure figures like Mars Attacks, so anything is within the realm of possibility. For your sake, I hope they do make them as you seem to be very big fan of the movie and I'm sure it'd make your day.

Sorry tys. I am just a bitter Highlander fan because of Sideshows piss poor handling of the license. F U Sideshow! :mad:

Normally i dont care if I offend anyone, but a fellow Medieval Kurgan fan should have been treated with more respect.

Gifbehead1.gif

:rock :rock :rock

Though, you will need thicker skin if you are gonna hang around here.

I've noticed that King Darkness is actually a very nice guy despite what others might say.

I predict someone will make an excellent Medievel Kurgan within the next 20 years.

There's a lot of history with this forum and Highlander. Everything was said in jest really. It just happened that your first post was on a subject that has been discussed A LOT here in years past.

But there wasn't really enough interest in the Highlander property for SSC to make a real go of it. Of course there's the precedence of HT picking up the Apes, which was also an unsuccessful line for SSC. But it seems that HT is discovering that the Apes aren't as popular as they'd thought, since we haven't seen any more after the initial 3. I'd doubt they would go after another line like that this soon.

There is also an issue with the license to Highlander. As independent films the rights are all over the place and one of the main license holders died recently - leaving a lot of things unresolved as to who controls the property.

Back