Mysterious X3 Maquette Disappearance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kookie

Super Freak
Reaction score
It seems our buddy Jug and Beast are now gone. I'm guessing there will be some tweaking of the old maquettes.

SS does state that the orders already placed would be honored. The question is how valuable do you think Beast could end up being if only 10-20 were sold.

An interesting development! Due to low sales, negative feedback, or a combination of both? I am interested in seeing how they look when they are tweaked and put back up for order. Didn't most people like Juggernaut?

Very interesting indeed :confused:

I liked Juggernaut but at 26 inches and very bulky it was just too large for me.

I would like to see Beast with hair not so flat and maybe more fur to cover his twig & berries :wacky

I applaud SS for listening, if that is in fact what happened. :confused:

I will not say anything more, but it was not SS's decision to take them down. But maybe they are tweaking things anyways.

Hey guys and gals.

Just to clarify what happened-

Fox & Marvel asked us to pull them down, but will allow us to post them at a future date. I guess they wanted our release to be more inline with their promotion strategy. It's all good.

We will be reposting them at an later (but not too much later) date.

And no, the maquettes will not be changed.

They are EXACT replicas of the maquettes that Spectral Motion designed for the movie. Why is Beast naked? Because it's a study of what the entire make-up appliance design is for the film.

These movie maquettes (X3, Hellboy's Abe Sapien, FF's Thing, Blade: Trinity's Drake, etc.) are a chance to give fans an opportunity to own a piece of a film's conceptual design process. Sideshow is proud to replicate each maquette as is, since the artists who created these great designs put so much effort into the sculptures. It's also the only opportunity fans get to see the conceptual process first hand, save for maybe some small pics on some DVD extra feature, or something.

And don't worry- if any of you placed an order for one, the order will be kept on file, and honored.

If you have any more questions about the maquettes, I'll pop in to answer them throughout the day.

Thanks for understanding!

Brock

Last edited:
Interesting that Fox/Marvel would be so picky about it though. Not like it really messes up anything for the movie.

Interesting developments but I understand that all ships must be sailing in the same direction at the same time.

It's all good. Now, on to more pressing matters...

Now, let me put my mask on and grab my gun and hijack this thread: When is Spider-Man Vs Hulk available for preorder? They are not mutants so the Mutant Registration Act doesn't apply to them... :D

I figured Marvel or Fox, but what about all the dealers still pre-selling? Marvel/Fox gonna sue 'em if they don't pull too? lol

Viking28 said:
I was of the understanding that Chuck Norris "did not approve them"?

Funny that you mentionned this Viking, I was under the impression that those statues have been sculpted by Chuck Norris himself...EVEN HEARD HE DIDNT USE ANY SCULPTING TOOLS..HE SIMPLY ROUNDHOUSE- KICK A PILE OF RESIN TO DO THEM...

Shaihulud said:
Funny that you mentionned this Viking, I was under the impression that those statues have been sculpted by Chuck Norris himself...EVEN HEARD HE DIDNT USE ANY SCULPTING TOOLS..HE SIMPLY ROUNDHOUSE- KICK A PILE OF RESIN TO DO THEM...

Chuck is simply awesome:banana

Hmmm you know a Mystique maquette would of been pretty cool to release:naughty

Back