FEDEX Problems!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
For the third time in the last few months, Fedex has rerouted my package and sent it off to another city! The first time, they sent my Amon Hen to Utah, and it was ultimately lost and never recovered. The second time, they sent my Mumak to Fresno, but it did show up here the following day. Now they have sent my "Home" Mulder (possibly including a free t-shirt) to Bishop, CA.

It was scheduled for delivery on the 7th, and it made it all the way over through the desert and up on the eastern side of the Sierra Nevadas to a town I don't live in, where they attempted delivery on the 10th. Luckily, the "recipient" was not available, but they were going to reattempt tomorrow. (Don't ask me where they tried to deliver it, since I checked and there is no record of a street in that town with the same name as the one I live on...)

Luckily, I caught the problem and contacted them so they will not try a second time to give it for free to somebody whose name, address, town and zip code do not match the mailing label. Now they will have to send it back down and around the mountains and start over. I wonder when (and if) it will get here--hopefully only a few more days...

Has anybody else had problems with Fedex recently, or is it just me?

No, Fedex has become very unreliable with me as well. So much so that I actually contacted SS about the possibility of using another carrier to deliver my packages, but was told that Fedex was the only option.

I even had them lose a couple hundred dollars worth of Christmas presents last month I had ordered from another business. All items sold out, so I had to start Christmas shopping again a couple days before Christmas :horror

I'm definitely not a fan of Fedex. But what are you going to do? :google

Of al the negative experiences that can be made ordering stuff from SSC, delivery-trouble is really the most frustrating! For example, some of my most valuable items arrived in dented boxes (I'm talking about the actual packaging here, not the outer box). Just as if some one played football with 'em during transit. I know it is not SSC's fault, but it still is frustrating!
Transport is an enormous problem. Items get lost, arrive to late or arrive damaged. And mind you, you are really paying for that service!

Although no courier is perfect, it's scary to think these things can happen often. One of the reasons why couriers are used is because they ship fast and it's tracable.

On the bright side, since it's tracable, refund can be issued. Compared to using say USPS, if it get's lost, then that's probably the end of it. No product, no money back. Since there's no proof that the receipient really didn't receive the parcel.

Recently I have had nothing but problems with FEDEX!

This not only involves anything coming from Sideshow but also purchases that I have made at various online retailers and some items that I have purchased on E-Bay.

I had the same exact problem as the first post in this strand noted with the item being delivered to an entirely different city altogether. This recently happened when I ordered a 12" Sideshow Highlander figure on line and the shipment was rerouted to an entirely different state and city.

Very frustrating let me tell you!

My FedEx problem is a little different. I recently had Han Solo delivered, and of course I expected to have to call FedEx Home Delivery and make arrangements to pick him up because I was supposed to have to sign for it since it's a shipment over $100. I have typically gotten home when FedEx attempted other SS deliveries over $100, found the little sticker on my door saying that they needed a signature, and then I called FedEx to get them to hold the item til I could drive to their station the next day. On Han's expected delivery day, I was totally expecting the little "we were here" sticker when I got home, and I was all set to call them, but lo and behold, FedEx LEFT my package sitting outside my front door. It wasn't visible from the walkway, but I found it interesting that the last few times I had to practically BEG FedEx to make no more delivery attempts because there was no way I could be home to sign for an item's delivery, and to just let me pick it up, and this time they didn't even bother. If the item had been stolen, I assume FedEx would have to cough up the money for it since Sideshow CLEARLY requires a signature. It didn't come to that, but now I'm peeved because FedEx DID leave it. I've grown accustomed to the routine of getting the notice, making the call, and picking my package up the next day, and I don't mind because I know that a nice expensive item isn't sitting on my doorstep for anyone to walk off with. :rolleyes:

It's always SOMEthing with FedEx, isn't it? :banghead

It really wouldn't matter which carrier was used, the same problems would occur. Training? That would be novel, if anyone took responsibility these days. It really depends on the person delivering the item, how they might feel on a particular day, and how the boss and customers may have treated them, or some other disturbance in their lives. Some care, some don't and some swing in the breeze. Sure would be nice for everything to run as it should, but life does get in the way of the ideal world, and communication doesn't mean the other person happens to be on the same wavelength.

Sideshow went through the hoops with their previous preferred carrier, and they do review this regularly. I would hazard to say Fed-ex may provide the exact same service to the recipient, as any other carrier, what service they provide to the initiator of the shipment may be better from Sideshows point of view.

Still waiting for Fedex to deliver...

I spoke to a Fedex representative and was assured that my package had been rerouted and would be delivered today. Nothing. Tracking doesn't even show that it has returned to Los Angeles yet, so it looks like it will not even show up tomorrow, five days late like I had hoped (funny thing to hope for).

I have never once had this kind of problem with UPS. (I actually once had a UPS employee show up at my house after 8:30 PM with a package she noticed she had missed on her daily delivery route. Rather than make me wait until the next day, she brought it by herself on her way home from work. How's that for taking care of your customers!) Why doesn't Sideshow give us the option of how we want a package delivered, like many other companies? I ALWAYS choose UPS when available and have never had a problem. I would even prefer USPS to Fedex, at the rate they have been misdirecting my packages. They are not reliable, and their "customer service" cannot provide the least bit of help when a problem comes up.

They obviously have a bunch of drunken monkies loading the trucks. That is the only explanation I can think of for how multiple packages could be sent to the wrong city. Also, after discovering their mistake, they do nothing to make it right and rush your lost order to you. Inexcusable for a supposedly professional shipping company.

Well, my guess would be because Fedex probably offers SS the highest discount rate on shipments.

I understand that since the US is so large, Fedex may employ contractors to help deliver for them. So if your package is being delivered by a contractor and not direct employee of Fedex, then there's nothing much you can do i guess if they did not do their work properly.

Man that sucks. Luckily I've been problem free. (Knocks on wood it will continue)

Your right thoug Noelleon Fed Ex uses a company that contracts with them and is called Fed-Ex Home Delivery. They are basically a franchisee is what I was told.

My only complaint about Fed Ex is in regard to fees and taxes.
Sometimes they charge me for them up front at delivery or
pickup. Just recently I had been having a discussion with them
over being billed for the fees and taxes after the fact. The sent
me a reminder notice (a not very nice one) that I owed them 11.90
and that I had better pay up. I had contacted Fedex about this
problem previously and was told not to worry about it and still
they were pressuring me to pay. So I paid. A week later they emailed
me to say the problem had been fixed, not my fault etc. So now I
have paid when I did not need to. I feel that if they do not charge
me at pickup or delivery I am not required to pay at all.

All signature required home deliveries are contracted out through "Fedex Home Delivery". That's where I have had all my problems with Fedex. They should really do something about it too because they are getting alot of bad press for employees that arn't even thiers.

Jesse

Hi all,
Unlike most people here, Fedex has been great. Its my understanding that each route is maintained by some one who buys the truck and must meet requirement set forth by Fedex. I guess to some extent it comes down to the driver. I live in a small town of approx. 3000 people, so I guess the driver kinda knows most of the people. They should know me by now because of the amount of packages delivered here from Side Show. Which that has become another problem in and of its self.(On the way to the poor house)
Good Luck,
Brent

I have to agree with musketball and others, I prefer FedEx myself. What I have found to be true, is that it depends on your area and your area's drivers and employees. We ship a lot of packages from my office, as well as receiving a lot also. All my personal packages I have delivered to the office so I can be there to sign for them.

Here is a rundown of my experience:

In the past ten years, we have had the most reliable and safe service from FedEx, whether Express or Ground service.

The most late delivers occur with DHL.

The most damaged packages (and I mean a LOT!!!) have been sent through UPS. It is amazing how many packages we get, shipped via UPS, have holes punched in them, footprints on them (drivers climbing over them to get to other packages in the truck), etc. I avoid UPS at all costs!!

The most lost packages (not that many really) is with USPS; with no tracking, that is probably the main reason they get lost.

So, just like everything in life, everyone has different opinions and experiences. Sideshow probably sticks with one delivery company to get better rates on shipping, as has been stated earlier. I guess if everyone was willing to pay higher shipping costs, they could offer multiple shippers, but most of us don't want that if I'm not mistaken.

Post number 666! Scary!

What I have found to be true, is that it depends on your area and your area's drivers and employees.

I'm not sure if this is the case with me, since according to tracking, my packages are being misdirected from Los Angeles. They are not even arriving in my area for the local drivers to mess with. When they do arrive locally and get handed off to my area driver, there is usually not a problem. It is down south that they are getting lost, so I don't see it as a local driver problem.

It is interesting to hear about Fedex VS. Fedex Home Delivery franchisees. I didn't know that. However, I did once have a package due at work from Fedex and another package due from Sideshow at home, and the driver left both under my name at work to save him the trip to my house. So in this case, both business and residential packages were on the same truck.

Look what I found... Fedex has a money back guarantee, if their packages are not delivered on time!

FEDEX REFUND LINK

I am going to pursue this, since my package will not arrive until after it is six days late, at least.

Last edited:
Another quick update--Fedex has now lost my package, and they no longer have any estimate for when it might be delivered. It left the wrong city, but for some reason they were not able to reroute it properly. They are "trying" to locate it and redirect it. Not sure exactly where it is...

Also, I am not able to get a shipping refund--only the shipper can do that; the recipient has no protection or guarantee available to them.

Three cheers for Fedex!!!

Yes, Fedex Ground does indeed suck. Their next day services, however, are excellent.

From what I've read, apparently Fedex and Fedex Ground are 2 different companies. Fedex Ground is setup to where they franchise it out to local services. Many of the local Fedex drivers do NOT work for Fedex, they are merely franchisees. Obviously, some of these local franchisees are better than others. The city I live in now has an excellent Fedex Ground service, but it was TERRIBLE where I lived before. I believe Fedex Air services are run by the main company itself. That explains why you get a lot of runaround when dealing with the Ground side of things.

I've only got good things to say about UPS, no matter where I've lived, and they are easily my favorite. I don't know how their operations work, though. I could be the same for all I know. I'm sure the UPS stores are run on a franchise basis, but I'm not sure who owns and operates the trucks/drivers.

I cant say I have had problems with deliveries from Fed Ex. But I can say I had a pick up set for Friday of last week and they just came and got it today. Which included packages from all week. Seriously thinking about pulling them from the site as shipping option after this.

I just hit a snag with FedEx and my George Washington exclusive (up till now it had always been DHL!). They show my package as delivered to the front door, but it is no where in sight and my wife was home at the time it was "delivered." I checked with the neighbors, etc, and nothing.

Fortunately Erin is on the case, she has been more than kind, and I am sure it will be resolved. :cool:

Back