Possible problem with Sideshow Vader - question...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPrime

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I finally got my Ex. Vader out of the box (busy moving, which is why I'm late...), and I noticed that the right knee joint goes forward rather than backward. Is this something I can fix myself, or indicative of a construction error where I'll have to send it back?

Thanks all,
D

Ugh, this sounds like it's gonna be a pain in the butt... thanks for the advice, though.

Chin up lad, there's nothing more delightful than stripping Darth Vader.

Be careful with the chest box when stripping him the straps can be quite delicate, just take it slow and dont force it.

Yeah actually I have a terrible time handling collectibles like this. Always so afraid I'm going to shatter them. Especially hate dealing with the wrist pegs and such.

Why the hell would you need to undress the whole figure?! :dunno

Pop off the boot, shimmy up the pant leg so you can get a good grip on the leg beneath and twist it until the knee faces forward... what's wrong with you guys? :huh :lol

i can't vouch for vader, but I'm typically able to fix backwards legs without undressing or even removing boots or anything. you just with one hand hold the leg above the swivel then with the other hand you twist the leg until its facing the right direction, then you go down to the ankle and swivel the boot back to the right direction thereby untwisting the clothing but leaving the knee in the right direction. :lol

I can do it faster than it took to write how to do it. :lol

i can't vouch for vader, but I'm typically able to fix backwards legs without undressing or even removing boots or anything. you just with one hand hold the leg above the swivel then with the other hand you twist the leg until its facing the right direction, then you go down to the ankle and swivel the boot back to the right direction thereby untwisting the clothing but leaving the knee in the right direction. :lol

I can do it faster than it took to write how to do it. :lol

Unfortunately, with how tight the body suit's tucked into the boot (it even impedes some of the joint's poseability), you need to take the boot off.

You do not need to strip the Vader. You can slowly work it around until it is facing the right way. With a little patience it should not take more than 5 minutes. The ankle articulates as well and all you have to do is turn the middle part of the leg a tiny bit at a time and then adjust the pant leg back to it's original position.

You do not need to strip the Vader. You can slowly work it around until it is facing the right way. With a little patience it should not take more than 5 minutes. The ankle articulates as well and all you have to do is turn the middle part of the leg a tiny bit at a time and then adjust the pant leg back to it's original position.

Am I going to have to take off his massive boot to do this though?

I don't suppose anyone has pics that can aid in this, if I need to strip him?

You can't shimmy up the trouser leg anyway he's got stockings ( I mean socks) built into its trousers. Putting the boots back on properly is a pain anyway
The figure needs a redress any way so why not strip it down and do it all just the once

You can't shimmy up the trouser leg anyway he's got stockings ( I mean socks) built into its trousers. Putting the boots back on properly is a pain anyway
The figure needs a redress any way so why not strip it down and do it all just the once

Alright, so is there step-by-step instructions for this somewhere?

I never undress my 12" figures, and Vader looks to be even more complicated than most. I don't want to break anything here...

Pretty easy once you pop the head & gloves off, once you get them off the rest is pretty self explanitory, just don't rush or go heavy handed & it'll' be fine. I redone it several times to mine now! again you won't need to take the boots

Back