Your First Sideshow Order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
So... the next time you are on Sideshow's site, check under your account and find out when you placed your first order from them. Tell us the date, and what item it was that got you started.

After first hearing about them in 2002 in connection to the upcoming extended DVD release of FOTR, I finally scraped up some money and placed my first order on January 29, 2003, for "The Arms of the Fellowship, Collection One."

(That was followed a week later by an order for the Orthanc environment, which eventually got cancelled while I was on vacation, due to an expired credit card at the time of shipment.)

I was to yougn to order in Sideshow so till this days my first order is Lurtz exclusive 12/30/2005 :banana and in 2nd market it was the uruk-scout helm.

My first Sideshow item was the 8" line of Universal Monsters. My first order placed with them directly was for The Vampyre (Nosferatu) 12".

i saw a picture of the platoon set (barnes et. al) in a toy magazine, and had to have them -- haven't stopped collecting their 1/6 stuff since :)

Jan. 8, 2003 though it was for the TORn TT Oscar party. :D

I didn't actually start buying statues until Feb. 2005. I'm a late bloomer I guess.

My first Sideshow Order was made in person, at Comic-Con 2003, when I pre-ordered the Witch King. I also ordered Boromir, and bought the Aragorn bust at the Sideshow booth. I debated on buying Sam and Bill, but spending another $150 seemed like WAY over the top, so I didn't. :banghead

my first order was april 28th for the general grievous exclusive edition. i wanted to get some of the sideshow collections but i am more of a star wars collector than anytying else. so once i heard they were starting the PF star wars line it was already after the luke, han , and vader editions were already on sale.
i have since gotten into the SS figures and plan to get into the star wars 12", LOTR 12", and LOTR PF as well as the star wars PF.

The first figure I bought from Sideshow was Evil Ash 12'' from army of darkness, to this day he is still one of my favorite figure made by Sideshow,in my opinion a very underated figure...At that time,I was collecting movie maniacs figures by Macfarlane,then I heard Sideshow was going to do a modern horror line,I sold my complete movie maniacs collection,I became a Sideshow freak and the rest is history....

24 December 2002. 13 LOTR busts....all at one time. Was going to be my ONLY order. slippery slope folks...very slippery! :sick

My first order from SS site? Or my first order for a SS product?

My first order for a SS product was the Strider statue I bought from a shop in the Netherlands for $260 with shipping back in December of 2003. Just a couple days after that I placed my first order on SS site for the Elessar statue. That was the start to my madness.:wacky

For me it was 12" Origins Angel aka Liam/Angelus on May 28th, 2005 :banana
And till then I'm ordering 12" Buffy line, 12" Star Wars, and looking forward to collect 12" Angel and 12" LOTR as well:wacky :wacky
I'm real addict to Sideshow now:joy :joy :joy

My first direct order isn't listed on SC's site, but my paper records indicate it was on April 12, 2001, for an 8" Clear Creature from the Black Lagoon action figure and a 12" Wolf Man figure.

But like some others, I began buying the 8- and 12-inch Universal Monsters figures and Little Big Heads off the pegs at my local TRU, and the exclusive boxed sets from FAO Schwarz, a year or two before.

plzg.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is classic:

2003-11-15
Lord of the Rings Exclusives The Cave Troll Figure

Fond memories. My first order was July of 2003 for Roger Moore in Golden Gun, George Lazenby in Majesty's Secret Service, and Timothy Dalton in Licence to Kill.

dont laugh guys, but i never heard of sideshow until the star wars PF line was announced. i am dissapointed because after checking out their site back then i saw some amazing things. wish i would've jumped on their stuff a long time ago.

hairlesswookiee said:
dont laugh guys, but i never heard of sideshow until the star wars PF line was announced. i am dissapointed because after checking out their site back then i saw some amazing things. wish i would've jumped on their stuff a long time ago.

I felt the same way when I started in on the SSW line.

Back