Picture on Plasma TV went out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1596

Freaked Out
Reaction score
still have audio though. Had a "pop" noise and picture disappeared.

Ever happen to anyone else?

3yrs old, LG 42".

Calling BB tomorrow, luckily happened to get the 4 yr warranty on it.

Really? I didn't know plasmas could be fixed. I thought once they went kaput, time for new tv. I didn't even know plasmas had a "bulb."

there's no bulb inside a plasma?? haha.. thats what the technician told us when he was repairing it... must be a laymans term since we don't know much about electronic:duh

I'm certainly not suggesting I know. I just remember someone at some point (probably a salesman) telling me that these newer LCD and plasma TV's, they're not like the older ones that can be repaired. But I may have been being fed a line of bull, so I was just curious.

A quick search on google wasn't that helpful surprisingly.

And those bulbs are expensive. My father-in-law's went out and the bulb would have cost him 300.00 (I think that was with the service call) if it had not been under warranty.

And those bulbs are expensive. My father-in-law's went out and the bulb would have cost him 300.00 (I think that was with the service call) if it had not been under warranty.

Yeah they aren't cheap. That is another advantage of the new OLED sets. They provide a better, brighter picture and last a lot longer.

I have a DLP and the same thing happened to me a while back but it was just a matter of replacing the bulb. Once I finally by-passed the in-store warrenty and talked to the manufacture it was a breeze.

BB is suppose to call me with a "repair date" time. We'll see. I also found out you can't take TVs back to the store for repair if they are over 30". They have to come to your house.

One thing for sure, once you get used to a Plasma its really hard to go back to a regular picture tube tv.

i heard opening it up and farting in it recharges it. i heard if its a sony to eat japanese first.

Back