20 Day Notice on Vader..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azog

Super Freak
Reaction score
and Split shipment notices...

Just got them in my inbox, shipping first week of Feb!

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your order of the ¼ Scale Darth Vader Sideshow Exclusive (item# 71171) from our Star Wars 1:4 Scale Figures Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for this Limited Edition, SOLD OUT item to arrive into our warehouse. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

We are anticipating partial shipments to arrive into our warehouse for the item that you ordered. This means that items will be fulfilled in the order in which they were received. To give you a better idea of when you can expect your shipment, please see below.

Orders placed prior to January 19, 2005 are expected to ship the week of February 1st, 2006.

Orders placed from January 19th and later are expected to begin shipping the week of February 20th, 2006 when we receive our final shipment of these statues.

got it too.,..decided to give it a try,.. if i don't like it i can always send it to ebay..;

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your order of the ¼ Scale Darth Vader Sideshow Exclusive (item# 71171) from our Star Wars 1:4 Scale Figures Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for this Limited Edition, SOLD OUT item to arrive into our warehouse. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

We are anticipating partial shipments to arrive into our warehouse for the item that you ordered. This means that items will be fulfilled in the order in which they were received. To give you a better idea of when you can expect your shipment, please see below.

Orders placed prior to January 19, 2005 are expected to ship the week of February 1st, 2006.

Orders placed from January 19th and later are expected to begin shipping the week of February 20th, 2006 when we receive our final shipment of these statues.

Let me just say... hooray! I sincerely hope that this will be the 1/4 scale that makes believers out of some folks! Never had a split shipment email before. When exactly did he go on sale? I thought I remembered ordering him during Toy Fair in February, as soon as I heard he was available--my order is dated February 19, 2005, a full month past the first shipment cutoff date of January 19th. Can anybody straighten me out here? Did he start preorder a month before Toy Fair?

As it is, it looks like I'll miss the first batch and won't be getting mine until three weeks later, in the final days of February. Can't believe a year has gone by!

023305vader_03.jpg

tomandshell said:
When exactly did he go on sale? I thought I remembered ordering him during Toy Fair in February, as soon as I heard he was available--my order is dated February 19, 2005, a full month past the first shipment cutoff date of January 19th. Can anybody straighten me out here? Did he start preorder a month before Toy Fair?

I just checked my order date, and mine is February 18, 2005. I'm 100% positive I ordered it on the first day it went on sale, so I assume that the SS e-mail means Feb. 19 and not Jan. 19.

Tom, I'd say that you're right on the borderline of the first shipment.

elwood49 said:
I just checked my order date, and mine is February 18, 2005. I'm 100% positive I ordered it on the first day it went on sale, so I assume that the SS e-mail means Feb. 19 and not Jan. 19.

Tom, I'd say that you're right on the borderline of the first shipment.

Same here Elwood, I know I ordered the day it hit, so I wonder if the transition to the new system had anything to do with it...

I thought I remembered ordering him during Toy Fair in February, as soon as I heard he was available--my order is dated February 19, 2005

That was the day I ordered him as well. I remember ordering him as soon as I noticed him for pre-order but didn't realise I waited a month.

Atleast he's not too far away, I'll be waiting for the Fedex notice! :joy

..people that got it from starwarsshop.com will probably get it as fast or even faster than people that ordered it from sideshow..; so if you didn't order yet,;..get it from starwarsshop and be one of the first to have it..;;

No doubts here. Mine will be in the second batch. I got on the waitlist and once my order converted, I cancelled with SWshop.com.

This way I get mine direct with SS and I don't mind the extra wait. :banana :banana

BTW, I checked and my original order with SWshop.com was dated Feb 17. That was when they first put them up on their site. I believe they got a 48 hour headstart before it went up on SS site.

oxbeard said:
This way I get mine direct with SS and I don't mind the extra wait. :banana :banana

You'll also save some money due to SWShop's horrendous shipping charges.

On larger items, they charge 10% of the price for shipping. They are even worse than Ebay sellers. My MR Clone Helmets cost $40 a piece to ship.:eek

elwood49 said:

On larger items, they charge 10% of the price for shipping. They are even worse than Ebay sellers. My MR Clone Helmets cost $40 a piece to ship.:eek

Yeah, the shipping was part of the reason I made the shipping. It is definitely a huge difference.

elwood49 said:

The shipping charge on the helmets was a joke. I sold mine on eBay and it only cost $15 for priority shipping. I'd like to know where that other $25 went that SWShop charged. :rolleyes:

Darth Waller said:
The shipping charge on the helmets was a joke. I sold mine on eBay and it only cost $15 for priority shipping. I'd like to know where that other $25 went that SWShop charged. :rolleyes:

I know, I sold one of mine and it cost me $50 to ship it----- TO FRANCE!!!! (I even used Global Express with 3-5 day delivery).

I never use SWShop except for their Exclusives or the occasional rare piece they have "pop up" on their site.

What a great day! I'll be seeing the Seahawk game, and I got the notice on Vader. :D

I know I also put my order for Vader within minutes of it going up, so now worries here. I know the Code3 Vader TIE ships the last week of January too! It is going to be a great couple weeks of ulitimate Vader happiness!

Mini-Rock said:
I know the Code3 Vader TIE ships the last week of January too! It is going to be a great couple weeks of ulitimate Vader happiness!

Yeah, I'm getting my MR Vader helm Hayden SE in Feb. also. I can't wait to have those 2 within a few weeks of each other.

elwood49 said:
Yeah, I'm getting my MR Vader helm Hayden SE in Feb. also. I can't wait to have those 2 within a few weeks of each other.

DOH! I forgot about the MR Vader helmet. I was going to skip it, but decided t keep my order. Yeah, that is going to be awesome!

Well, What do I do...Keep my order with Sideshow for the Regular Version...or Keep my order with the Exclusive Vader I picked up tonight from SWShop?

I suppose go the exclusive route.

Back