Sideshow Snake Eyes Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diab0lus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do any of you experts know if the Snake Eyes Head will fit on a Medicom body? I am thinking of switching the SS body with a Medicom RAH 301 Massive body and want to know if this will work without modifications. :confused:

The more expensive alternative is to go with a Hot Toys "Billy Sole" body.

Thanks in advance.

I won't get into the whole fragility issue with the RAH bodies or the incompatibility of the hands/feet, etc..

To answer your question, it should work. You might need to thicken the ball joint on the neck though.

So then I should bite the bullet and definitely go with the HT "Billy Sole" body?

Yep medicom is shorter and they are know for breaking. HT much better.

Yep medicom is shorter and they are know for breaking. HT much better.

Actually, the body he's talking about is true 1:6, not the smaller RAH bodies that come with the SW figs, but the bigger ones they used for the Marvel figures. Sadly, despite actually being in scale, it still suffers greatly from all of Medi's other shortcomings.

So then I should bite the bullet and definitely go with the HT "Billy Sole" body?

If you absolutely have to go that route, yes. Unfortunately, that body is not very poseable. Personally, if you can't find a Saturday Toys body, I'd just use a narrow shouldered TrueType.

Actually, the body he's talking about is true 1:6, not the smaller RAH bodies that come with the SW figs, but the bigger ones they used for the Marvel figures. Sadly, despite actually being in scale, it still suffers greatly from all of Medi's other shortcomings.

If you absolutely have to go that route, yes. Unfortunately, that body is not very poseable. Personally, if you can't find a Saturday Toys body, I'd just use a narrow shouldered TrueType.

Thanks for the very detailed information. I was also thinking of purchasing an HT True type, but what I really want to stay away from is the skinny arm look that he already has. Do you feel the "narrow shoulder" is the best for that, or should I go with the "special edition" or regular TrueType?

Thanks for the very detailed information. I was also thinking of purchasing an HT True type, but what I really want to stay away from is the skinny arm look that he already has. Do you feel the "narrow shoulder" is the best for that, or should I go with the "special edition" or regular TrueType?

The problem with the TT is a gap between the arms and the chest. It's unavoidable unless you go with the slim TT but then Snake Eyes will look like a crack fiend. The standard TT has what I can only describe as Carrot Top shoulders that are so obnoxious that they make the arms look puny. The narrow shouldered TT is more accurate to the human form and while it won't make Snake Eyes look like Rambo (which, to me, he shouldn't anyway), he'll look like a fit, physically proportionate man. As I said earlier, I'd go with the Saturday Toys body, as I did with mine. But since the body's virtually impossible to find now, if I had to make a second choice, I'd go with the narrow shouldered TrueType.

The problem with the TT is a gap between the arms and the chest. It's unavoidable unless you go with the slim TT but then Snake Eyes will look like a crack fiend. The standard TT has what I can only describe as Carrot Top shoulders that are so obnoxious that they make the arms look puny. The narrow shouldered TT is more accurate to the human form and while it won't make Snake Eyes look like Rambo (which, to me, he shouldn't anyway), he'll look like a fit, physically proportionate man. As I said earlier, I'd go with the Saturday Toys body, as I did with mine. But since the body's virtually impossible to find now, if I had to make a second choice, I'd go with the narrow shouldered TrueType.

Thanks again for the info. I can make a pretty educated decision now.

if you cant find a good body just put a sweater on him or pad the arms with something like tissue, tape, or cotton. the pro is a decent body. it just looks too skinny with that skin tight spandex shirt.

if you cant find a good body just put a sweater on him or pad the arms with something like tissue, tape, or cotton. the pro is a decent body. it just looks too skinny with that skin tight spandex shirt.

The problem with the sweater is that the wrist bands look like ass with it. You either have to push up the sweater, or stretch them over it. You can go without and if that's your preference, that's okay. But if you want to utilize them, finding a better body is definitely the way to go.

I'm Really loving my Superman/ Lincoln burrows body personally.

debating what to do about stormshadow, leave him on the pro, or get a slim truetype, or something else....

The problem with the sweater is that the wrist bands look like ass with it. You either have to push up the sweater, or stretch them over it. You can go without and if that's your preference, that's okay. But if you want to utilize them, finding a better body is definitely the way to go.

So which Saturday Toys body should I look for? S1? Is there an S2?

I did. Thanks.

kay, bout what are you gonna do when his elbow breaks?

or when he can't defend himself against stormshadow due to the inability of raising his arms over his head?

:lol

So which Saturday Toys body should I look for? S1? Is there an S2?

ST1 body is what I used. It's extremely similar to the TT, but has sculpted muscles and offers more definition which is what makes it look so good beneath the Lycra shirt. Unfortunately, the body was all but forgotten and relatively inexpensive when we realized (thanks to King) that it was the perfect body for Snake Eyes. So since then, all of them have been snatched up. :( So your best bet, the easiest, and most readily available body would be the narrow-shouldered TrueType.

ST1 body is what I used. It's extremely similar to the TT, but has sculpted muscles and offers more definition which is what makes it look so good beneath the Lycra shirt. Unfortunately, the body was all but forgotten and relatively inexpensive when we realized (thanks to King) that it was the perfect body for Snake Eyes. So since then, all of them have been snatched up. :( So your best bet, the easiest, and most readily available body would be the narrow-shouldered TrueType.

But what do you do about the height difference? Can the TTNS be modified to be made shorter? Im curious, because I have 2 TT, and was wondering if I should put my Cobra Commander and Stormshadow (when he come out) on them.

Back