Sideshow's Platoon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seeing that Serang is in the process of sculpting Barnes, Elias and Taylor from the movie Platoon. I decided to get my Sideshow ones out of storage. I had a couple of True Types spare so I placed Barnes and Elias on them to get rid of the visable forearm joint. I left Taylor on the Buck for now until I find my self with a spare one.

Platoon.jpg

They are still good considering their age.

Not a fan of the movie (I prefer Full Metal Jacket) but for some reason these figures look just as good as anything SSC is currently producing. I mean aside from the outdated Buck. Gotta give them credit, they made quite a few different characters from the film.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Seeing that Serang is in the process of sculpting Barnes, Elias and Taylor from the movie Platoon. I decided to get my Sideshow ones out of storage. I had a couple of True Types spare so I placed Barnes and Elias on them to get rid of the visable forearm joint. I left Taylor on the Buck for now until I find my self with a spare one.

They are still good considering their age.

I have to say they aged pretty well...

I'd kill for some Apocalypse Now one-sixth. Willard, Kurtz, Kilgore, Clean, Lance, Chef, The Roach. Maybe even some Hopper.

I have all the figures that SS put out in this line. Matter of fact they were my first SSC figures. I would love to see them re-visit this line. And at least knock out 4 or 5 more characters.

Sideshow are you listening.......

Considering they're phasing out 1:6, I really doubt they'd revisit a line. :huh

I have to say they aged pretty well...

Yeah. Although they dont have the detail of modern 1/6th figures I think the liknesses are better than some stuff that is produced today.

They look fantastic on the TT's

I agree. Barnes and Elias look so much more natural in their stance when compared to Taylor who is still on a Buck.

I never picked up on that before.
:google

Yeah, I used to disagree, but after seeing Bond fizzle out, LOTR get axed before at least completing the damn Fellowship or making any baddies, passing the 1:6 Hell Boy license to HT and Indy soaking both feet in the grave, it's hard to argue against. :(

The Platoon figures were my first...I still proudly display them. I just got a poncho from Monkey Depot; I'm gonna put it on Taylor for his first night ambush look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back